shopping cart empty
Looks like we have a vaxine.
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#21 (permalink)      11/10/2020 7:10:25 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
MarcF
  • JoinedJan 2014
  • Posts 959
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos1406
+4 details
Speaking of vaccines for covid, this doesn't help those infected by the virus. I was reading an article about this a few weeks ago, and this came out while I was googling...

[youtube]https://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuhNUdzNrRU[/youtube]

Smart young girl. And she's 14 years old. She has a mentor guiding her, but nevertheless she has a bright future ahead of her.
She's working on a cure. Her work was picked up by a few labs, and looks promising.

No need for a vaccine really if they find a cure for the disease.

ps: her name is Anika Chebrolu. Look her up.

Edited on 11/10/2020 at 7:19 AM. Reason:
#22 (permalink)      11/10/2020 8:03:18 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
troutlips
  • JoinedNov 2020
  • Posts 20
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos15
#23 (permalink)      11/10/2020 10:09:29 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 2259
  • Reviews 254
  • Kudos1169
furcifernova wrote:

carrion4worm wrote:

How's that flu vaccine working for everybody? Is flu "erased"?

It's one thing to be positive, it's another to be realistic. What's your end game? Will Corona be eradicated by Rambo Joe and never raise its head again? Well shit, let's put him on cancer, too.and sickle cell.and warts...

Seriously? How could you not know the difference between influenza and SARSCov2 as of November 2020? Or how vaccines work.

yoshy262 wrote:
Don't forget the vaccines produced in UK, for measles, they used human fetuses ADN/DNA, after that they got a lot of kids with autism.

Actually that's a really old claim that hasn't been substantiated, only rebuked. There's no fetal DNA in vaccines. On basic level it doesn't make any sense; that DNA would cause your immune system to react? That's essentially being allergic to yourself.

well, you sound like a well read person that keeps up with the news media. Only problem is it seems you forget that not all you read is true, or as in this case, there's just not enough data. I know that many people STILL refuse vaccinations for flu, in November 2020. I know the same thing will ring true for this "flu" vaccine as well.

...it's too soon, bro.

Insert idiotic mantra here.
#24 (permalink)      11/10/2020 10:30:36 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
XxRingoxX
  • JoinedOct 2014
  • Posts 3371
  • Reviews 23
  • Kudos4591
+1 details
yoshy262 wrote:

And you will trust that?
Just asking. Right now the virus got some nasty modifications, will you trust this ''vaccine'' with your own life?

I don't trust them, not a single bit.

Why wouldn't you? It's Pfizer, not some unheard of company that popped up over night.

They bring in 56 billion a year. I'm sure they're not going to bet the farm if they aren't confident on what they're bringing to market. It's not like they've been given global immunity if they fuck it up.

#25 (permalink)      11/10/2020 11:05:32 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
desuede
  • JoinedOct 2015
  • Posts 2406
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos3735
+4 details
MarcF wrote:

No need for a vaccine really if they find a cure for the disease.

Don't hold your breath.

Unlike bacterial infections, there is no pharmacological cure for almost any type of virus infection in the sense of eradicating the infecting virus.
That is why vaccines are so important for the more serious types of virus infections.

In fact, the only currently truly curable virus infection I know of is hepatitis C.

Viruses are very resilient by nature and that is what has made lots of virus types so menacing throughout history.

But there are efficient pharmacological treatments for many types of virus infections. HIV and smallpox, just to name a couple.
These treatments suppress virus replication but don't eradicate it.
This is also what Anika Chebrolu's research is about.

The general "cure" for virus infections is to let it run its course, and if the host organism survives it, it will hopefully have produced antibodies for the concerned type of virus, thereby providing immunity for the host.
And this is exactly how most antivirus vaccines work, with the difference that it is done preemptively with vaccines.

😷

Edited on 11/11/2020 at 12:58 PM. Reason:
#26 (permalink)      11/10/2020 11:46:08 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
furcifernova
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 3276
  • Reviews 12
  • Kudos2736
+3 details
carrion4worm wrote:

well, you sound like a well read person that keeps up with the news media. Only problem is it seems you forget that not all you read is true, or as in this case, there's just not enough data. I know that many people STILL refuse vaccinations for flu, in November 2020. I know the same thing will ring true for this "flu" vaccine as well.

...it's too soon, bro.

If by media you mean Pubmed, medrxiv, NEJM, and Elsevier.

Inoculations and vaccines aren't "cures" and the duration for which they are effective varies. In addition, how fast the virus mutates also plays a roll. There isn't enough data but the preponderance of evidence suggests a corona vaccine will halt the spread and control the virus, but not entirely eliminate it as is the case with polio, tetanus, measles, mumps, rubella, hepatitis, diptheria, rotavirus etc.

So there isn't enough data but this is the highly probable outcome from the covid vaccine. But as you mentioned, the human response to taking the virus has much more uncertainty.

At no point in Trump's rambling, incoherent 1 term presidency was there anything close to what could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the country is now dumber for having experienced it.
#27 (permalink)      11/10/2020 12:37:08 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
yoshy262
  • JoinedDec 2014
  • Posts 2851
  • Reviews 49
  • Kudos2980
XxRingoxX wrote:

yoshy262 wrote:
And you will trust that?
Just asking. Right now the virus got some nasty modifications, will you trust this ''vaccine'' with your own life?

Why wouldn't you? It's Pfizer, not some unheard of company that popped up over night.

They bring in 56 billion a year. I'm sure they're not going to bet the farm if they aren't confident on what they're bringing to market. It's not like they've been given global immunity if they fuck it up.

Nope, making money doesn't cure you.
I will give you my dose of vaccine, have fun with it.

Look but don't touch. Touch, but don't taste. Taste, don't swallow.
#28 (permalink)      11/10/2020 12:57:02 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
vapeluvr
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 7476
  • Reviews 316
  • Kudos4394
+1 details
yoshy262 wrote:

I saw today on news:''Maybe in future we will travel in EU only with an vaccine certificate'

That's a given at this point. But the ultimate goal is the microchip.

Everything about you...total control over you.

Vaper buys pod system, asks for a 510 adapter. LOL for days
#29 (permalink)      11/10/2020 1:00:21 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
DaddyDead
  • JoinedFeb 2015
  • Posts 3146
  • Reviews 302
  • Kudos5393
Just watch out for the side affects in a year or two

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes - Quod erat demonstrandum
#30 (permalink)      11/10/2020 1:02:50 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
gph61
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 32767
  • Reviews 23
  • Kudos26822
yoshy262 wrote:

XxRingoxX wrote:

yoshy262 wrote:
And you will trust that?

Nope, making money doesn't cure you.
I will give you my dose of vaccine, have fun with it.

Money can be lost too. The potential of losing the shirt off their backs in dozens of courts around the world has always existed. Why are you expecting them to start acting like reckless fools now?

Edited on 11/10/2020 at 1:02 PM. Reason:
If I'm ignoring you it's because you're fallacy impaired. Here's hoping you rectify your problem so that we might have a sensible conversation.
#31 (permalink)      11/10/2020 1:09:17 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
furcifernova
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 3276
  • Reviews 12
  • Kudos2736
+4 details
vapeluvr wrote:

That's a given at this point. But the ultimate goal is the microchip.

Everything about you...total control over you.

I hear the only way to beat this microchip is to grow a pair of testicles. Testosterone can reduce your fear of spiders and Tic Tacs.

At no point in Trump's rambling, incoherent 1 term presidency was there anything close to what could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the country is now dumber for having experienced it.