shopping cart empty
Looks like we have a vaxine.
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      11/9/2020 10:23:17 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Still.Me
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 10862
  • Reviews 22
  • Kudos16773
vape8ion wrote:

the lottery of Covid.

I will stick with the "lottery" until vaccine becomes mandatory. I'll probably never be without a mask and proper social distancing but, so be it.

Well you are in the middle of no where which works for you in this pandemic and I am in an area with little or no infection rate at all but still social distance and wear masks indoors.

It's hitting the suburbs outside of Toronto ATM where there are a lot of different cultures residing.

As of 2 days ago, there is not one COVID patient in ICU in the downtown city itself of Toronto.
Waiting to see if the second wave is less lethal or that we are just a month behind Europe.

We shall see where it stands here at the time of it being dispensed.

#12 (permalink)      11/9/2020 10:29:17 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
furcifernova
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 3276
  • Reviews 12
  • Kudos2736
+1 details
analogueman wrote:

Still.Me wrote:
Didn't know that but good to hear and I imagine in the end we will have yearly shots as it changes, much like the regular flu.
Last I read, it may well take up to five years to mutate to another strain if it behaves anything like the influenza virus. But that's (currently) guesswork on their part.

There's also the possibility, that when COVID-19 finally does mutate, it will do so into something much less virulent. Right now, we can but hope.

Based on what we know of corona viruses they have less paths to mutation so it takes much longer. It's a bit of a toss up when it comes to how virulent a mutated virus will be. The last I read also said it's more probable to be less virulent.

Reinfection seems to be more of an issue. It's still hard to get good data but it wasn't overly optimistic.

At no point in Trump's rambling, incoherent 1 term presidency was there anything close to what could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the country is now dumber for having experienced it.
#13 (permalink)      11/9/2020 10:57:17 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
yoshy262
  • JoinedDec 2014
  • Posts 2852
  • Reviews 49
  • Kudos2981
vape8ion wrote:

I will stick with the "lottery" until vaccine becomes mandatory. I'll probably never be without a mask and proper social distancing but, so be it.

Amen to that! I am also with you.
If everyone will do this vaccine then we are protected, because we don't need it anymore.
I use my mask every day, at work, when the colleagues use none, so f-u-c-k them.

Look but don't touch. Touch, but don't taste. Taste, don't swallow.
#14 (permalink)      11/9/2020 1:45:14 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 2261
  • Reviews 254
  • Kudos1169
+2 details
Anybody on this forum actually tested positive, and willing to talk about it?

I found out last night that I was positive...I've been going crazy looking for someone to talk to about it. I went to work for a couple hours to tour the site with the bigwigs, but left to go to my doctor...I must have looked everywhere in that hospital before I found her. Of course, she sent me home, but I stopped off at Walmart to do some shopping and pick up my prescription. As I was gassing up at the local 7-11, I remembered it was grandma's birthday. She's 88 today, and I'm on the way now to her retirement home.

I hear the residents are throwing a little party for her. I won't stay long, I have to think about my health, ya know.

So, any advice?
Insert idiotic mantra here.
#15 (permalink)      11/9/2020 1:49:33 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
furcifernova
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 3276
  • Reviews 12
  • Kudos2736
+1 details
Too soon bro.
At no point in Trump's rambling, incoherent 1 term presidency was there anything close to what could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the country is now dumber for having experienced it.
#16 (permalink)      11/9/2020 1:59:52 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
yoshy262
  • JoinedDec 2014
  • Posts 2852
  • Reviews 49
  • Kudos2981
carrion4worm wrote:

.......So, any advice?

Just do what you want.
No worries.

#17 (permalink)      11/9/2020 2:05:56 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 2261
  • Reviews 254
  • Kudos1169
+1 details
The walking dead won the election and you still can't smile? Fuckin libs...
#18 (permalink)      11/9/2020 2:13:28 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 2261
  • Reviews 254
  • Kudos1169
+1 details
yoshy262 wrote:

carrion4worm wrote:
.......So, any advice?

Just do what you want.
No worries.

Yes. That little example above plays out hundreds of thousands of times all over the world, every day, albeit mine is exaggerated and Granny's been dead for 25 years. It is not going away, we just became aware of it. How's that flu vaccine working for everybody? Is flu "erased"?

It's one thing to be positive, it's another to be realistic. What's your end game? Will Corona be eradicated by Rambo Joe and never raise its head again? Well shit, let's put him on cancer, too.and sickle cell.and warts...

Edited on 11/10/2020 at 9:48 AM. Reason:
#19 (permalink)      11/9/2020 4:02:18 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
yoshy262
  • JoinedDec 2014
  • Posts 2852
  • Reviews 49
  • Kudos2981
+1 details
I saw today on news:
''Maybe in future we will travel in EU only with an vaccine certificate''

Righttt.

Can I buy a fake vaccine certificate?
If not, can I make one?

carrion4worm - flu got a new strain every year, Covid is not that clever, but in theory you're right.
Don't forget the vaccines produced in UK, for measles, they used human fetuses ADN/DNA, after that they got a lot of kids with autism.

Is fun doing vaccines, at least in a box of chocolate I know what I get.

Edited on 11/9/2020 at 4:06 PM. Reason:
#20 (permalink)      11/9/2020 10:02:35 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
furcifernova
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 3276
  • Reviews 12
  • Kudos2736
+3 details
carrion4worm wrote:

How's that flu vaccine working for everybody? Is flu "erased"?

It's one thing to be positive, it's another to be realistic. What's your end game? Will Corona be eradicated by Rambo Joe and never raise its head again? Well shit, let's put him on cancer, too.and sickle cell.and warts...

Seriously? How could you not know the difference between influenza and SARSCov2 as of November 2020? Or how vaccines work.

yoshy262 wrote:

Don't forget the vaccines produced in UK, for measles, they used human fetuses ADN/DNA, after that they got a lot of kids with autism.

Actually that's a really old claim that hasn't been substantiated, only rebuked. There's no fetal DNA in vaccines. On basic level it doesn't make any sense; that DNA would cause your immune system to react? That's essentially being allergic to yourself.

#21 (permalink)      11/10/2020 7:10:25 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
MarcF
  • JoinedJan 2014
  • Posts 959
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos1406
+4 details
Speaking of vaccines for covid, this doesn't help those infected by the virus. I was reading an article about this a few weeks ago, and this came out while I was googling...

[youtube]https://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuhNUdzNrRU[/youtube]

Smart young girl. And she's 14 years old. She has a mentor guiding her, but nevertheless she has a bright future ahead of her.
She's working on a cure. Her work was picked up by a few labs, and looks promising.

No need for a vaccine really if they find a cure for the disease.

ps: her name is Anika Chebrolu. Look her up.

Edited on 11/10/2020 at 7:19 AM. Reason: