shopping cart empty
Looks like we have a vaxine.
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.
Thread Tools Rate This Thread


Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      11/9/2020 6:09:57 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
TheAtl
Member
  • JoinedApr 2016
  • Posts 8310
  • Reviews 10
  • Kudos19434
+7 details
Looks like we have a vaxine.
Something something Pfizer and BioNTech, might be available by the end of the year.
#2 (permalink)      11/9/2020 6:31:32 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
yoshy262
Member
  • JoinedDec 2014
  • Posts 2852
  • Reviews 49
  • Kudos2981
And you will trust that?
Just asking. Right now the virus got some nasty modifications, will you trust this ''vaccine'' with your own life?

I don't trust them, not a single bit.
Look but don't touch. Touch, but don't taste. Taste, don't swallow.
#3 (permalink)      11/9/2020 6:41:28 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
TheAtl
Member
  • JoinedApr 2016
  • Posts 8310
  • Reviews 10
  • Kudos19434
Haven't really looked into it beyond 90% efficiency and available by the end of the year. I live in a small country so it will probably have been tested on millions and millions of American and EU citizens before it eventually makes its way to me so can't say I'm worried, no.
#4 (permalink)      11/9/2020 7:06:57 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
Still.Me
Member
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 10862
  • Reviews 22
  • Kudos16773
+1 details
Didn't know that but good to hear and I imagine in the end we will have yearly shots as it changes, much like the regular flu.

I would risk it if it ends up over 90% effective as they are claiming.

I would rather place my trust in the vaccine than the lottery of Covid.
....
#5 (permalink)      11/9/2020 7:35:47 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
analogueman
Member
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 2072
  • Reviews 3
  • Kudos1633
+1 details
Still.Me wrote:

Didn't know that but good to hear and I imagine in the end we will have yearly shots as it changes, much like the regular flu.


Last I read, it may well take up to five years to mutate to another strain if it behaves anything like the influenza virus. But that's (currently) guesswork on their part.

There's also the possibility, that when COVID-19 finally does mutate, it will do so into something much less virulent. Right now, we can but hope.

#6 (permalink)      11/9/2020 9:41:13 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
TheAtl
Member
  • JoinedApr 2016
  • Posts 8310
  • Reviews 10
  • Kudos19434
+1 details
Still.Me wrote:

Didn't know that but good to hear...



I'm usually the last person to receive the news, just happened to be glancing at a chart and suddenly a big green dildo appeared. Thank god I'm all done investing for a while now (no monies left (as in cash, I haven't lost it all, yet)). The market is perhaps the stupidest game rich people have invented to entertain themselves and exploit the rest of us. I guess marginal things like child rape islands is a fair bit worse, but I'm afraid I've veered far enough from the topic at hand as is.


Edited on 11/9/2020 at 9:50 AM. Reason:
#7 (permalink)      11/9/2020 10:00:03 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
poulw
Member
  • JoinedMar 2014
  • Posts 267
  • Reviews 32
  • Kudos221
+1 details
TheAtl wrote:

Still.Me wrote:Didn't know that but good to hear...I'm usually the last person to receive the news, just happened to be glancing at a chart and suddenly a big green dildo appeared. Thank god I'm all done investing for a while now (no monies left (as in cash, I haven't lost it all, yet)). The market is perhaps the stupidest game rich people have invented to entertain themselves and exploit the rest of us. I guess marginal things like child rape islands is a fair bit worse, but I'm afraid I've veered far enough from the topic at hand as is.



recent news item said a covid mutation showed up in minks in denmark and that already over 200 people have been infected with this new strain


Edited on 11/9/2020 at 10:00 AM. Reason: edit
#8 (permalink)      11/9/2020 10:04:12 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
vape8ion
Member
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 13024
  • Reviews 45
  • Kudos20584
+1 details

the lottery of Covid.



I will stick with the "lottery" until vaccine becomes mandatory. I'll probably never be without a mask and proper social distancing but, so be it.

I'm out.....have some fun. Eh?
#9 (permalink)      11/9/2020 10:04:42 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
djvillan
Member
+2 details
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgPDW0ZpgJU
#10 (permalink)      11/9/2020 10:12:52 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
poulw
Member
  • JoinedMar 2014
  • Posts 267
  • Reviews 32
  • Kudos221
+3 details
djvillan wrote:
[quote][/quote]

12 minutes into this video and a talking head says they're using Tiktok to connect w/ people about these vaccines.
Can't tell if this is genius or another example of humanity's ongoing retardation.
#11 (permalink)      11/9/2020 10:23:17 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
Still.Me
Member
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 10862
  • Reviews 22
  • Kudos16773
vape8ion wrote:

the lottery of Covid.



I will stick with the "lottery" until vaccine becomes mandatory. I'll probably never be without a mask and proper social distancing but, so be it.




Well you are in the middle of no where which works for you in this pandemic and I am in an area with little or no infection rate at all but still social distance and wear masks indoors.

It's hitting the suburbs outside of Toronto ATM where there are a lot of different cultures residing.


As of 2 days ago, there is not one COVID patient in ICU in the downtown city itself of Toronto.
Waiting to see if the second wave is less lethal or that we are just a month behind Europe.


We shall see where it stands here at the time of it being dispensed.

....