shopping cart empty
miiiiic drop
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#551 (permalink)      10/4/2020 3:12:57 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Still.Me
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 11015
  • Reviews 22
  • Kudos17041
OneBadwolf wrote:
[quote]Still.Me wrote:

We went through this 2 weeks ago. Toronto is considered part of Central Canada

Yes, I understand. You are just one of thousands of Westerners that take great offence to Ontario and Quebec continuously voting in Liberal politicians, rather than Conservatives desired in the West.
And that the majority are french from Quebec.

You can always choose to separate if you do desire.

#552 (permalink)      10/4/2020 7:02:47 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
furcifernova
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 3299
  • Reviews 12
  • Kudos2783
Vapor wrote:

Somewhat, look at the results of taking the actions versus third world nations that did not have the means or the ability, They have fared no worse and maybe even better... It sure appears many of the poorest countries have obtained herd immunity...

Very different cultures, These curves came independent of restrictions, tightened or loosened, Each country had their own responses... None the less they all have the same curve which appears to have ended with herd immunity...

I'm not sure you can infer herd immunity from those graphs. It's definitely the first wave, but with the reporting methods and lack of hospitals or health care you probably need a couple of months, or antibody testing, to know if the remaining population is immune. (or what percentage therein)

In the years to come I do believe the general consensus will be that we missed the opportunity to further herd immunity through excessive social distancing measures. Fairly early on they knew SarsCov-2 did not have the same capacity to mutate into vaccine resistant strains. It has single RNA coding where influenza has 8. And unlike the Spanish Flu that deadly to the younger population, symptoms of Covid 19 in children are relatively mild. To me this suggests we should have allowed it to circulate through the schools to facilitate her immunity.

At no point in Trump's rambling, incoherent 1 term presidency was there anything close to what could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the country is now dumber for having experienced it.
#553 (permalink)      10/4/2020 10:04:23 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Vapor
  • JoinedApr 2013
  • Posts 26093
  • Reviews 153
  • Kudos20937
It is circulating... At best we may have slowed it down a little... Antibody testing only shows a part of the picture... T-cells may well account for about a third of immunity... If you are interested in learning a bit have a read:

Evolution of COVID-19 cases in selected low- and middle-income countries: past the herd immunity peak?
We’re paying congress millions to do nothing. We’re paying Trump nothing to do everything.
#554 (permalink)      10/4/2020 10:17:11 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Vapor
  • JoinedApr 2013
  • Posts 26093
  • Reviews 153
  • Kudos20937
+1 details
Here for those who don't know how to get to the meat:

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.09.26.20201814v3.full.pdf
We’re paying congress millions to do nothing. We’re paying Trump nothing to do everything.
#555 (permalink)      10/4/2020 10:23:22 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Jubby
  • JoinedMar 2014
  • Posts 4249
  • Reviews 153
  • Kudos15964
+8 details
Vapor wrote:

It is circulating...

Among maskless GOP

*nodding

If you want on or off the list just let me know.
#556 (permalink)      10/4/2020 10:28:17 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Vapor
  • JoinedApr 2013
  • Posts 26093
  • Reviews 153
  • Kudos20937
Jubby wrote:

Vapor wrote:
It is circulating...

Among maskless GOP

*nodding

You can thank us later ;)

#557 (permalink)      10/5/2020 12:43:11 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Jubby
  • JoinedMar 2014
  • Posts 4249
  • Reviews 153
  • Kudos15964
+6 details
Thank you for being a Trumptard?
If you want on or off the list just let me know.
#558 (permalink)      10/5/2020 8:48:59 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Vapor
  • JoinedApr 2013
  • Posts 26093
  • Reviews 153
  • Kudos20937
+1 details
What a turn around...

I was very worried about Covid-19 six months ago. Afraid even. Today? Barely worried at all. This video will take you through the science behind that shift in viewpoint.

Very strong data from Ivermectin and hydroxycholorquine, combined with the powerful protective effect of having sufficient levels of Vitamin D combine to provide what appears to be a very effective approach for managing Covid-19 the disease.

Meanwhile, the US NIH Covid Treatment Panel is woefully behind the times and still recommending Remdesivir over all other possible (and cheaper, more effective) treatments.

That's what the science says.

Worse, the NIH treatment panel is relying on the very worst studies to support their stance against some treatments and then sifting carefully through objectively poor data to find some minor nuggets to support their preferred (and more expensive) treatments.

I literally cannot make any sense of the risk-reward matrix that is in play - it's complete nonsense.
#559 (permalink)      10/6/2020 4:46:54 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
viking65
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 31526
  • Reviews 14
  • Kudos62309
+2 details
Jubby wrote:

Among maskless BLM

Jubby wrote:

Thank you for being a Trumptard?

https://i.imgur.com/OSS6yni.jpg
#560 (permalink)      10/6/2020 9:49:26 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Vapor
  • JoinedApr 2013
  • Posts 26093
  • Reviews 153
  • Kudos20937
Enjoy...

#561 (permalink)      10/6/2020 10:03:28 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Vapor
  • JoinedApr 2013
  • Posts 26093
  • Reviews 153
  • Kudos20937
+1 details
DNI Declassifies Brennan Notes; Briefed Obama On Intelligence That Hillary Clinton Concocted Trump-Russia Allegations

"...to vilify Donald Trump by stirring up a scandal."

WASHINGTON (Reuters) – President Donald Trump said on Tuesday he has declassified all documents related to federal investigations into Russian election interference and former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton’s use of a private server for government emails.

“I have fully authorized the total Declassification of any & all documents pertaining to the single greatest political CRIME in American History, the Russia Hoax. Likewise, the Hillary Clinton Email Scandal. No redactions!” Trump wrote on Twitter.

and The October Surprise...

Edited on 10/6/2020 at 10:06 PM. Reason: