shopping cart empty
Rip Trippers quits vaping and reviewing
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      6/29/2020 11:37:30 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
desuede
  • JoinedOct 2015
  • Posts 2415
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos3760
+9 details
Rip Trippers quits vaping and reviewing
In a recent clip on his YouTube channel he announces that he stops doing vape related reviews an that he has quit vaping all together.

In his typical cartoon-like snake oil salesman style he explains the reasons for his choice and follows up with a rant on a couple of related things.
Towards the end he drops a couple of stink bombs on the reviewer community, obviously calculated (the clip has reached over 45000 views after only one day), well aware that the clip has a good chance of going viral.

Just to point out a couple of statements:

@ 4:39
"All my posts were sponsored. That means that the companies were paying me to do the review. Now go to every other reviewer. They're all doing the same thing."

@ 5:12
"Cuz if I reviewed a non-paying stuff and I did it for free... all of these vape reviewers... it would not be good for those channels, those other reviewers."

@ 5:34
"Because if I'm doing products for free it affects them, it affects their income, their brands. And it got to the point where, oh well, I'm not just thinking about myself anymore, I got to think about everybody."

😊

Not surprisingly a couple of drama inclined reviewers immediately commented Trippers' clip.
And I am pretty sure there is more to come during the next days:

I'd say that we have vape drama for at least a couple of weeks here.
😷

Edited on 7/1/2020 at 10:20 AM. Reason:
#2 (permalink)      6/30/2020 12:03:13 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
c411um
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 2276
  • Reviews 147
  • Kudos2286
+10 details
I appreciate you taking the time to watch the video so that others don't have to.
There's stupid, and then there's Trump Derangement Syndrome stupid
#3 (permalink)      6/30/2020 12:22:16 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
analogueman
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 2072
  • Reviews 3
  • Kudos1635
+3 details
I don't know why this is 'news'... he quit making promotional vaping videos months ago!

Of course, it gives the usual suspects cause to offer an opinion. And two of the biggest drama merchants haven't disappointed...
#4 (permalink)      6/30/2020 12:36:52 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
amiable
  • JoinedMay 2018
  • Posts 81
  • Reviews 10
  • Kudos33
c411um wrote:

I appreciate you taking the time to watch the video so that others don't have to.

I, for one, am not getting paid and I know for a fact neither is Bogan. There are a few however and it's the ones you expect, that are getting paid.
Rip can sod right off

#5 (permalink)      6/30/2020 12:44:24 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
desuede
  • JoinedOct 2015
  • Posts 2415
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos3760
+3 details
analogueman wrote:

I don't know why this is 'news'...

Who said it was 'news'?

Well, both the clip and the replies are new.

Anyway, what caught my attention isn't any supposed novelty factor, but Rip's spaced out statements. Like the ones in his earlier dry knuckles clip.

😎

Edited on 6/30/2020 at 1:04 AM. Reason:
#6 (permalink)      6/30/2020 1:27:35 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
analogueman
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 2072
  • Reviews 3
  • Kudos1635
+2 details
desuede wrote:

Who said it was 'news'?

Because it's being treated as such. Yet as I said, he stopped making his promotional videos months ago.

Edited on 6/30/2020 at 1:49 AM. Reason:
#7 (permalink)      6/30/2020 2:12:22 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
djvillan
+3 details
I posted this yesterday.

I also commented in Jai's live stream, in Vic and Legion Vapes responses.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgPDW0ZpgJU
#8 (permalink)      6/30/2020 2:15:03 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
djvillan
+5 details
amiable wrote:

I, for one, am not getting paid and I know for a fact neither is Bogan.

How much you wanna bet he's not? One way or another he is but he's hiding it like the others in the clique.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgPDW0ZpgJU
#9 (permalink)      6/30/2020 2:33:06 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
amiable
  • JoinedMay 2018
  • Posts 81
  • Reviews 10
  • Kudos33
+1 details
If you want, I can share a screen grab between him and a big vendor where he refuses payment for a review?
I know Bogan well, he does not accept payment for reviews
#10 (permalink)      6/30/2020 2:52:12 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
analogueman
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 2072
  • Reviews 3
  • Kudos1635
+3 details
djvillan wrote:

amiable wrote:

I, for one, am not getting paid and I know for a fact neither is Bogan.

How much you wanna bet he's not? One way or another he is but he's hiding it like the others in the clique.

Most of them are, but with many it's not direct. It's sometimes known as indirect payment.

Companies send (insert Reviewer's name here) a certain amount of product to review or give away. These days, most of that product is then put on offer to those financial supporters who pay the Reviewer via Patreon etc. So, money certainly is received, just not directly.

Most of these so-called Reviewers are just playing with words and hiding behind a smokescreen of what is or isn't defined as payment. The word hypocrisy springs to mind with many of them...

Edited on 6/30/2020 at 3:00 AM. Reason: Typo
#11 (permalink)      6/30/2020 2:59:27 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
amiable
  • JoinedMay 2018
  • Posts 81
  • Reviews 10
  • Kudos33
Well yes, we need to support our families too. It may not seem like hard work to churn out a video, but it's more than an 8-5 job, that I assure you.

I have no issue with handing out products to paid supporters, but that's completely different to accepting money from the vendor in favor of a good review. Hey Jai!