shopping cart empty
'Ancient Aliens' is stupid on stilts (formally known as soft boiled eggs)
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#31 (permalink)      6/27/2020 10:20:17 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
airwinny
  • JoinedSep 2014
  • Posts 8374
  • Reviews 224
  • Kudos30523
+6 details
Still.Me wrote:

Is this LovelyBerta a pre-emptive account since the Carlahola one ran into too much trouble with AnniePan?

She says, on her 9th account.

On topic, for lazy people like me: Small pot, 1 cm of water with a pinch of salt, bring to a boil, add medium sized eggs, cover the pot with a lid. Boil for 6 minutes. Large eggs, half a minute longer, small eggs half a minute shorter. Perfect soft boiled eggs, every time.

#32 (permalink)      6/27/2020 10:39:08 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
philipvdb
  • JoinedJun 2016
  • Posts 2466
  • Reviews 29
  • Kudos4097
+6 details
Boil water, put in eggs. In the meantime, wash some dishes and take out the eggs when the dishes are done. Mystery eggs, can be soft, medium or hard depending on how many dishes i did. And since I'm alone atm, nobody complains.
We can't agree on everything.
#33 (permalink)      6/27/2020 10:42:49 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
gph61
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 32767
  • Reviews 23
  • Kudos26822
+3 details
airwinny wrote:

Still.Me wrote:

Is this LovelyBerta a pre-emptive account since the Carlahola one ran into too much trouble with AnniePan?

She says, on her 9th account.

On topic, for lazy people like me: Small pot, 1 cm of water with a pinch of salt, bring to a boil, add medium sized eggs, cover the pot with a lid. Boil for 6 minutes. Large eggs, half a minute longer, small eggs half a minute shorter. Perfect soft boiled eggs, every time.

I don't disagree. My way is more accurate though because eggs vary in size and shell thickness from chicken to chicken and from day to day. Obviously less so in store bought but those variables are still there. You're imposing a crude time frame, I'm measuring the egg :)

If I'm ignoring you it's because you're fallacy impaired. Here's hoping you rectify your problem so that we might have a sensible conversation.
#34 (permalink)      6/27/2020 12:24:49 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
vape8ion
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 13027
  • Reviews 45
  • Kudos20606
+1 details

absurdity of these threads.

Hmmmm. Information about daily life....."pathetic" and "absurd". Ok.

But just to add to the absurd and pathetic topic of eggs...I just learnt this week to boil the perfect "hard" boiled egg. And, I might add, to pickle them.

I'm out.....have some fun. Eh?
#35 (permalink)      6/27/2020 12:33:22 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Still.Me
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 10881
  • Reviews 22
  • Kudos16813
+1 details
vape8ion wrote:
[quote

But just to add to the absurd and pathetic topic of eggs...I just learnt this week to boil the perfect "hard" boiled egg..[/quote]

And if you decide to start a whole thread devoted to the hard boiled egg, I shall say the same as I have here.
Perhaps I shall be a bit more lenient as you aren't in the habit of creating these nutty threads, one after another.

Go ahead, you can pick that apart all you like as well. 🙄
#36 (permalink)      6/27/2020 12:37:21 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
vape8ion
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 13027
  • Reviews 45
  • Kudos20606
+3 details

And if you decide to start a whole thread devoted to the hard boiled egg, I shall say the same as I have here.
Perhaps I shall be a bit more lenient as you aren't in the habit of creating these nutty threads, one after another.

Oh, ok. But your hatefulness is showing rather brightly today it seems.

pick that apart all you like

With such large chunks of corn in the crap you are spewing it does not take much "picking".

I'm out.....have some fun. Eh?
#37 (permalink)      6/27/2020 1:40:57 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
pewpew
  • JoinedApr 2015
  • Posts 2537
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos1010
gph61 wrote:

I've never timed it but the difference between really soft and really hard is an easily observed range. Something like 5 to 1 seconds.

That feel when you can't even cook an egg.

The answer to 1984 is 1973 § Panasonic or Samsung - that is the question: Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer.
#38 (permalink)      6/27/2020 1:44:44 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
MarcF
  • JoinedJan 2014
  • Posts 959
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos1406
+3 details
Music for eggmen

scratching my head wondering how this thread turned south...seemed like a subject that wouldn't cause any waves.
#39 (permalink)      6/27/2020 1:52:18 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
gph61
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 32767
  • Reviews 23
  • Kudos26822
+2 details
pewpew wrote:

gph61 wrote:
I've never timed it but the difference between really soft and really hard is an easily observed range. Something like 5 to 1 seconds.

Fayes, go away silly troll.

If I'm ignoring you it's because you're fallacy impaired. Here's hoping you rectify your problem so that we might have a sensible conversation.
#40 (permalink)      6/27/2020 4:53:34 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
gph61
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 32767
  • Reviews 23
  • Kudos26822
pewpew wrote:

gph61 wrote:

What's exceedingly stupid about this is it's all feel. You can feel a couple thou with your fingers too dummy. Stop wasting your life and polluting others with your cranial diarrhea troll.

In short, learn how to think straight and stfu until you do, hth.

#41 (permalink)      6/27/2020 4:59:53 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
gph61
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 32767
  • Reviews 23
  • Kudos26822
I got the 5 to 1 seconds by imagining the water flashing off for both soft and hard boiled and counting seconds. Wtf is wrong with that and, clearly, wtf is wrong with your brain?

Speak up and coherently Putin fluffing troll, hth.