Current Events
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#3681 (permalink)      7/24/2020 10:15:55 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
airwinny
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2014
  • Posts 8827
  • Reviews 224
  • Kudos31714
gph61 wrote:

Frankly I can't believe how deluded you are on the most important thing an American president is responsible for enough to talk nonsense like Biden is the same.

In matters of war and peace, I never said Biden's the same. He's objectively worse than Trump in that specific area.

gph61 wrote:

Your idea is there's no difference between the two so may as well protest vote for a dangerous fool like Gabbard. I see a difference enough to vote for a cheese sandwich over Trump and Gabbard for this topic alone. Oh well, you be you.

Tulsi's not running.

I know you prefer having your information filtered for you by billionaires, but if you were interested in what she stands for, what her ideas are, watch her as a guest on Joe Rogan's podcast, for example. Or anywhere else where she could speak freely about her ideas for an hour or so, instead of having a 3 minutes section on MSNBC to only answer a random Assad smear.

Do your own homework. I'm quite sure if you'd actually listen to her, you'd find it hard to find something you disagree with.

#3682 (permalink)      7/24/2020 10:36:17 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
airwinny
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2014
  • Posts 8827
  • Reviews 224
  • Kudos31714
+1 details
gph61 wrote:

Your idea is there's no difference between the two so may as well protest vote for a dangerous fool

Also, just stop using this ludicrous strawman.

Here's my point: The DNC and the GOP serve the same lobbyists. The vote along the same lines. They both voted, recently, to expand the Patriot act, to keep troops in Afghanistan indefinitely, and for a crazy corporate bail out leaving crumbs for a Covid affected population.

I'm not saying "may as well vote third party". I'm saying: in the best interest of our entire planet, the US needs a viable third party. A party that fights for the interest of the people. A party that fights against corporate interest and for the climate.

I genuinely don't care if Trump or Biden is president for the next 4 years. They're both awful, and wont bring the change we need. So, the best thing to do for our future, is to vote to make a third party a viable option in 2024.

#3683 (permalink)      7/24/2020 11:33:56 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
gph61
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 32767
  • Reviews 23
  • Kudos26825
airwinny wrote:

In matters of war and peace, I never said Biden's the same. He's objectively worse than Trump in that specific area.

Put your stupid hippie liberal anti war pom poms down and face reality. There's stupid asshole dictators all over the planet looking for more land to rule making this the most important map in your lifetime...

... because liberal democracy occurs nowhere in nature. It's an abstract concept that's been around for a far shorter time than our millions of years of government by powerful males. It's as fleeting as a dream and won't be secure until the entire planet is inoculated with it and there is a directly elected democratic global government. Its teeth would include things like weeding out government corruption, ensuring individual rights like the ACLU currently does in the US and enforce our duty to care for this planet. Maybe they should hold the purse strings for science, they should definitely get the big projects. I haven't thought about it a lot but I can see the need real soon.

Anyway, Trump has demonstrably made that map worse and only time will tell when and if the orange stain comes out. To think Biden is a threat to making the most imortant map in your lifetime more orange is preposterous.

airwinny wrote:

I know you prefer having your information filtered for you by billionaires

The sad thing is so do you and I have no idea why you can't see that.

Edited on 7/25/2020 at 9:54 AM. Reason:
If I'm ignoring you it's because you're fallacy impaired. Here's hoping you rectify your problem so that we might have a sensible conversation.
#3684 (permalink)      7/24/2020 11:34:57 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
gph61
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 32767
  • Reviews 23
  • Kudos26825
airwinny wrote:

The DNC and the GOP serve the same lobbyists.

I know you can't see any difference between Trump and Biden, you be you.

If I'm ignoring you it's because you're fallacy impaired. Here's hoping you rectify your problem so that we might have a sensible conversation.
#3685 (permalink)      7/24/2020 11:41:18 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
gph61
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 32767
  • Reviews 23
  • Kudos26825
The way to green up some of that map is institute government incentives that would encourage business to move to liberal democracies like India. It would be a win everywhere you look including China.
#3686 (permalink)      7/24/2020 12:00:27 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
airwinny
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2014
  • Posts 8827
  • Reviews 224
  • Kudos31714
+1 details
gph61 wrote:

Put your stupid hippie liberal anti war pom poms down and face reality.

Try and tell that strawman bullshit to the people of Iraq, Afghanistan, Yemen, Syria, Palestine, Venezuela, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc.

gph61 wrote:

and enforce our duty to care for this planet.

The green parts of your map are, ironically, disproportionately large contributors to greenhouse gas emissions.

Anyway, carry on. I don't ever wanna get pissed off in this hellhole of a forum, and this "liberal democracies can freely invade nations whenever it pleases them" will seriously piss me off if I were to continue this rather futile conversation. It's disgusting.

#3687 (permalink)      7/24/2020 12:33:14 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
gph61
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 32767
  • Reviews 23
  • Kudos26825
Sorry but you're wasting your time trying to convince me that Biden is the same as Trump, you be you.
#3688 (permalink)      7/24/2020 2:52:41 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
viking65
Verified
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 32511
  • Reviews 14
  • Kudos64651
airwinny wrote:

I genuinely don't care if Trump or Biden is president for the next 4 years. They're both awful, and wont bring the change we need. So, the best thing to do for our future, is to vote to make a third party a viable option in 2024.

We/our?!?!

You're American now?

Will you be voting this year? lolol

https://i.imgur.com/OSS6yni.jpg
#3689 (permalink)      7/24/2020 4:24:08 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
airwinny
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2014
  • Posts 8827
  • Reviews 224
  • Kudos31714
+4 details
viking65 wrote:

We/our?!?!

You're American now?

Will you be voting this year? lolol

Your corrupt politicians affect the entire planet. You invade, you guys kill millions of innocent people all around the globe, you pollute whilst your leadership doesn't believe in climate change, and your unfettered capitalism has created dangerous individuals that have more wealth than random nations.

Yes, borders separate us, but it's mostly your politicians who couldn't give a rat's ass about borders.

So, indeed, we. And yes, our future depends on whether or not you gullible people open your eyes and start voting people into power that want a better planet, instead of a better "economy" for the ultra-rich.

#3690 (permalink)      7/24/2020 6:29:49 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
gph61
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 32767
  • Reviews 23
  • Kudos26825
Manson follower recommended for parole for the fourth time but California governor has final say

The 70-year-old Van Houten "was very nervous going into the hearing, but she responded very well to all the questions," her attorney Rich Pfeiffer told CNN. "She and her friends and family remain hopeful that she will be released. We all think we are getting closer and closer to release," he said.

Van Houten stabbed Rosemary's lower back and buttocks over a dozen times.

Van Houten aggressively implicated herself in inflicting wounds while the victim was living, and severely wounding the victim, severing her spine, which might have been fatal by itself.

FFs just put a bullet in the back of its head and bury it in the ground.

#3691 (permalink)      7/25/2020 12:36:42 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
viking65
Verified
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 32511
  • Reviews 14
  • Kudos64651
+1 details
airwinny wrote:

I am just here to slam Americans

I've noticed. lol

https://i.imgur.com/OSS6yni.jpg