shopping cart empty
Jesus said:
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.
Thread Tools Rate This Thread


Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#31 (permalink)      3/22/2020 11:04:34 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
DaddyDead
Member
  • JoinedFeb 2015
  • Posts 3097
  • Reviews 298
  • Kudos5363
+3 details
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes - Quod erat demonstrandum
#32 (permalink)      3/22/2020 11:07:34 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
DaddyDead
Member
  • JoinedFeb 2015
  • Posts 3097
  • Reviews 298
  • Kudos5363
+1 details
LuckyLarry wrote:

Yes and you are probably aware, you’ve been here long enough, that Vapor and I tend to lock horns on this one occasionally, particularly when I have very little to do, like being in isolation for the next three months or so. :(


Well its something to do ... good idea

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes - Quod erat demonstrandum
#33 (permalink)      3/22/2020 11:18:06 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
vapeluvr
Member
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5369
  • Reviews 229
  • Kudos3603
+2 details
blackhack wrote:

Fuck me, Sunday school again...



Yet you clicked on the thread titled "Jesus says"

Total global economic meltdown is on the way.
#34 (permalink)      3/22/2020 12:25:12 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
vape8ion
Member
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 11661
  • Reviews 45
  • Kudos18499
Historically, Jesus spoke Aramaic. The first testaments were written in Hebrew, (except two which were written in Aramaic). The first "translation", the Septuagint, was written in Greek. The Catholic church adopted the Greek version and translated into, yes, Latin. This is all Old Testament. The "New" Testament, written in Koine Greek was supposedly "found" three and a half centuries A.D.

Today christians rely on the King James version from the early 17 Century...

the New Testament was translated from Greek, the Old Testament from Hebrew and Aramaic, and the Apocrypha from Greek and Latin.



Does anyone give credence to the possibility of translation errors or translator agenda? Or do you all just stand on the "Word of God" argument to condemn the skeptics?

Like so many other religions christianity, and its adherents, condemn those who do not believe in their "book" to hell. Where is the compassion of Jesus in that?

For this single reason, from my view, christianity as we know it today has zero merit. When you "Christians" start letting skeptics and non-believers into heaven compassion will be your way. But until then, only darkness.

I'm out.....have some fun. Eh?
#35 (permalink)      3/22/2020 12:40:09 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
Still.Me
Member
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 8314
  • Reviews 22
  • Kudos13302
LuckyLarry wrote:

If I were considering adopting a religion, other than the one I was baptized into but have since seen the futility of, I would visit Canada and have, what would probably be a fruitless debate, with Sheilah. Did I spell your name correctly? :)




????


Debate about religion?
Not me.
I'm an agnostic, non practising anglican.

Never been inside a church other than weddings/funerals.

Shelagh

No one ever gets it right in spelling or pronunciation but you have done far better than most! 😁

Left-wing fascism: An infantile disorder.
#36 (permalink)      3/22/2020 12:40:56 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
MarcF
Member
  • JoinedJan 2014
  • Posts 862
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos1218
+2 details
#37 (permalink)      3/22/2020 12:46:46 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
vape8ion
Member
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 11661
  • Reviews 45
  • Kudos18499
See Christianity, and many other religions, has but one criteria, "belief". If you say you believe then the "gate to heaven" is open....no matter your actions. How weak is that? Yes, give me a religion where meritorious action is the criteria and then you might have an open ear.
I'm out.....have some fun. Eh?
#38 (permalink)      3/22/2020 12:53:18 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
etcetera
Member
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 3002
  • Reviews 62
  • Kudos3014
Religion is inside too (don't have to go to a building).

God's seat, His Throne, is in the heart.
Ko
#39 (permalink)      3/22/2020 1:43:04 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
gph61
Member
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 28681
  • Reviews 21
  • Kudos22710
etcetera wrote:

Religion is inside too (don't have to go to a building).

God's seat, His Throne, is in the heart.

and Obi-Wan Kenobi said of the Force:

It’s an energy field created by all living things. It surrounds us and penetrates us; it binds the galaxy together.

Both of you can't be right but you both can be wrong.

If I'm ignoring you it's because you're a fallacy impaired fool. You're simply not worthy of my attention, sorry about your luck.
#40 (permalink)      3/22/2020 1:46:19 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
gph61
Member
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 28681
  • Reviews 21
  • Kudos22710
with corroborating evidence from Darth Vader:

Don't underestimate the Force.

If I'm ignoring you it's because you're a fallacy impaired fool. You're simply not worthy of my attention, sorry about your luck.
#41 (permalink)      3/22/2020 3:36:29 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
Still.Me
Member
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 8314
  • Reviews 22
  • Kudos13302
+2 details
etcetera wrote:

Religion is inside too (don't have to go to a building).

God's seat, His Throne, is in the heart.




Good point.


I don't personally relate to the idea of a God or heaven but I respect others choice to do so.
I am agnostic because I have no real opinion either way.

Religion has never been a factor in my life.
Some might think that because I am pro Israel or my partner and friends are jews that i am religious but its less to do with religion than other factors.

I am as secular as they come.

Left-wing fascism: An infantile disorder.