shopping cart empty
Current Events
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      9/12/2019 9:01:38 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
gph61
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 25274
  • Reviews 21
  • Kudos19295
+4 details
THREAD CLOSED - NO FURTHER REPLIES OR EDITS ALLOWED
Current Events
A thread for current events.

Closed by mod Anniepan on 10/12/2019 at 2:30 AM. Reason: Spam Closed
My interests include logic and reason. If you have a problem with that that's your problem. Lose the idiotic fallacies, learn how to think and act like a sensible adult, or get lost.
#2 (permalink)      9/12/2019 9:04:39 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
FloWo1701
  • JoinedJul 2016
  • Posts 3769
  • Reviews 78
  • Kudos2314
+5 details
I'm constipated.
Is this because of the vitamin E acetate?
Gina Royal: https://youtu.be/t2qAGfxoRu4
#3 (permalink)      9/12/2019 9:24:03 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
desuede
  • JoinedOct 2015
  • Posts 1409
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos1258
+2 details
More likely becausr of the hospital food. 😊
#4 (permalink)      9/12/2019 9:42:14 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
gph61
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 25274
  • Reviews 21
  • Kudos19295
+3 details
Fox news has always been fake news for Republican identity politics but it wasn't until recently that they started adopting nanny state policies:

Shepard Smith challenges vaping industry defender: 'Not true' to claim it's safer than cigarettes

It sure seems a long way from encouraging people to take up arms to retain the freedom to kill endangered turtles on government land. It's almost as if they only care about freedom when it suits their ill thought through agenda.
My interests include logic and reason. If you have a problem with that that's your problem. Lose the idiotic fallacies, learn how to think and act like a sensible adult, or get lost.
#5 (permalink)      9/12/2019 9:51:13 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
airwinny
  • JoinedSep 2014
  • Posts 7321
  • Reviews 189
  • Kudos27689
+3 details
I watched a live stream of Dimitris yesterday, about all this. He wants manufacturers to put up millions, so we can start an advertisement campaign on these news channels. And advertisers will get invited to make their point on their shows, and see them defended by the anchors.

He's absolutely right, of course. But it irks me to no end that truth has become nothing more than a battle of the advertisers.

Perhaps we should just start accepting that in the survival of fittest, in our current time the fittest are those who can discern facts from fiction.
#6 (permalink)      9/12/2019 9:54:48 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
airwinny
  • JoinedSep 2014
  • Posts 7321
  • Reviews 189
  • Kudos27689
+3 details
gph61 wrote:

If Tony Abboud is the best we got, we're doomed. Damn, that was horrible to watch.

#7 (permalink)      9/12/2019 9:56:17 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
gph61
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 25274
  • Reviews 21
  • Kudos19295
+2 details
But then Donald Trump is fit enough to be POTUS. When it comes to an ability to discern fact from fiction, he doesn't even live on the same planet as the rest of us.

It's more likely true that, in our current time, whoever can pull off the biggest lie is the fittest.

Edited on 9/12/2019 at 9:58 AM. Reason:
#8 (permalink)      9/12/2019 10:06:07 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ericbnc
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 9220
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos10303
+1 details
Ulster related news:

Northern Ireland court throws out Brexit case
By Associated Press
Published: Sept 12, 2019 6:38 a.m. ET

A motorist crosses the Ulster border in Middletown, Northern Ireland.

A Belfast, ulster court has rejected a claim that the British government’s Brexit strategy would harm Northern Ireland’s peace process.

Three linked cases had argued that a no-deal Brexit on Oct. 31 would undermine agreements between the British and Irish governments that were struck during the peace process.

Judge Bernard McCloskey rejected the arguments on Thursday.

The case is one of several challenges to Prime Minister Boris Johnson’s plan to take Britain out of the European Union, with or without a divorce deal.

The U.K. Supreme Court is due to make the final on all the cases after a hearing next week.
#9 (permalink)      9/12/2019 10:17:13 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
gph61
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 25274
  • Reviews 21
  • Kudos19295
+2 details
Trump EPA set to officially roll back Obama clean water regulation

The Environmental Protection Agency is set Thursday to announce the repeal of the Obama-era Waters of the United States rule that extended federal authority and protections to streams and wetlands, according to a source familiar with the details of the announcement.

The announcement is scheduled to take place at the National Association of Manufacturers

Just when you think the Republicans have shed all of their traditional Moral Majority values they get right back on track with something like this.

Edited on 9/12/2019 at 10:19 AM. Reason:
#10 (permalink)      9/12/2019 10:19:18 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ericbnc
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 9220
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos10303
gph61 wrote:

Just when you think the Republicans have shed all of their traditional Moral Majority values they get right back on track with something like this.

still have that ol man Trump butthurt working huh gph?

#11 (permalink)      9/12/2019 11:24:09 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
gph61
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 25274
  • Reviews 21
  • Kudos19295
ericbnc wrote:

gph61 wrote:

still have that ol man Trump butthurt working huh gph?

I just kick stupid until bleeds and it doesn't get much dumber than Trump. Hth but I have serious doubts about your intelligence.