shopping cart empty
Dogs
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      8/20/2019 12:16:14 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Carlahola
  • JoinedNov 2017
  • Posts 6188
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos15718
+2 details
Sunderland...
*nodding*
#12 (permalink)      8/20/2019 1:17:21 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Still.Me
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 5665
  • Reviews 22
  • Kudos8929
+3 details
Carlahola wrote:

Sunderland...
*nodding*

No. Family is not from Sunderland. That was another one of the made up PoohBear lies.

Please do not troll threads Carlahola.

Radical Leftism fried its brain! If you haven't been called a racist by a crazy leftist, you're doing something wrong!!!
#13 (permalink)      8/20/2019 2:02:44 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Jubby
  • JoinedMar 2014
  • Posts 3302
  • Reviews 153
  • Kudos13599
+6 details
Still.Me wrote:

Please do not troll threads .

This is priceless 😂

If you want on or off the list just let me know.
#14 (permalink)      8/20/2019 2:06:24 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Morris68
  • JoinedNov 2014
  • Posts 5186
  • Reviews 50
  • Kudos8158
+2 details
Did seem to be a truce, albeit temporary, between warring nations.
“O wad some Power the giftie gie us, to see oursels as ithers see us!" Robert Burns
#15 (permalink)      8/20/2019 4:24:08 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Wylie
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 5055
  • Reviews 76
  • Kudos3268
+9 details
I gotta quit dating women with dogs, I miss the dogs too much when things don't work out with the women!
Always keep your ear to the ground!
#16 (permalink)      8/20/2019 7:10:55 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
OneBadwolf
  • JoinedJul 2015
  • Posts 3639
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos4041
Still.Me wrote:

My parents bred dobermans.

They knew they would need protection.You must have been quite the baby.

Still.Me wrote:

My very first memory in life at about 2 is standing on the back of the chesterfield stretching, looking out the window and watching one, Nimrod, chase a cat up a tree and jumped up, bit its tail and tore it off and then ran back home.

I must have been somewhat traumatized to remember that but those dogs were very well trained in the house and around us.
I slept with them every night in my room and they just sat guard over me. 🙁

What brave animals, doing such a difficult task. Did they naturally alternate watches, so that one was always awake, and alert to any trouble, or were they both they just super light sleepers?

A unusual precaution perhaps, but your parents are to be commended. Many parents these days fail to take responsibility for their children, and turn the little monsters loose. Today, rather than taking effective measures to contain them, they would just place them in foster care. Dobermans certainly would be far more effective.

Vi veri universum vivus vici. Insictus oportet nocere
#17 (permalink)      8/20/2019 8:12:36 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
RussG
  • JoinedMay 2015
  • Posts 3333
  • Reviews 104
  • Kudos3700
+1 details
Nice to see we have so many dog lovers here on FT.

No doubting here that some Alpha males and working breeds can need a bit of tough love.

Was feeling a bit down when I posted as my 15yo Patterdale bitch constantly leaks around the house. Our house must stink of piss to anyone who comes in. Expected she would have just gone in her sleep by now but keeps on going. Would not be the first dog I have left at the vets.

12lb of attitude, now virtually blind,deaf probably mentally impaired and water goes through her like a straw.

I carry her to the park coz she wont walk and she tries to chase down a fox.
#18 (permalink)      8/20/2019 9:39:26 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
fluffychick
  • JoinedJul 2017
  • Posts 475
  • Reviews 107
  • Kudos382
+5 details
I have a staffy girl who is 6 I had since a puppy and a 2 year old cat - who still acts and looks like a kitten.
They are my absolute world and have both got me through some horrific stuff in the last 2 years and they play and snuggle together and make me smile and laugh every day.
I prefer animals to people nowadays!
#19 (permalink)      8/21/2019 2:50:38 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
lazyfitter
  • JoinedFeb 2016
  • Posts 3588
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos6952
+4 details
fluffychick wrote:

I have a staffy girl who is 6 I had since a puppy and a 2 year old cat - who still acts and looks like a kitten.
They are my absolute world and have both got me through some horrific stuff in the last 2 years and they play and snuggle together and make me smile and laugh every day.
I prefer animals to people nowadays!

I knew it! You're a staffy owner! 😇 I've a four year old little staffy girl who also loves cats! She tries so hard to make friends with the areas cats but can't understand what she did wrong when they run away.....bless her!

#20 (permalink)      8/21/2019 8:42:34 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 4289
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos2788
+2 details
RussG there is nothing wrong with putting a dog down once there quality of life is gone. I wish people could do this for people. It is a very hard thing to do but you have to look at what is left in life that the dog enjoys, if it is very little then it might be the right thing to do.

Our lab got a tumor, and we had it removed, as fast as it healed it grew back only this time it went up from his mouth into his brain. He would have seizures for anything that made him wag his tail. Knock at the door, food, our other dog going into the room. This made the decision much easier, but it was still so damn hard to let go. Even it being the easy to see right thing to do, it was not easy for us. It's never easy to do, but it's the best thing you can do for them.

Two years has passed everyone in the family still misses him. He was a great dog. We have a new lab he is a little over a year old now. He is in training to be half the dog our Jack was, because oddly he is about half the size. I call him a tea cup lab, he is very cute and lots of fun and wakes up so happy every day, he is literally the happiest dog I think I have ever had.

It's not easy to let go, but you do it for them.
#21 (permalink)      8/21/2019 10:47:01 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
vape8ion
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 10721
  • Reviews 45
  • Kudos16954
+3 details

you do it for them

If I have not learned anything else with as many animals as I am responsible for, it is this, "you do it for them". Farm life teaches a person that quality of a beings life must override our attachment to them. It does make it easier when this is considered and it really cements the bond you have with them when you do it yourself or are present at the passing. Then you know the closure of your relationship.

I'm out.....have some fun. Eh?