shopping cart empty
Vape Tool app banned
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      7/21/2019 9:25:50 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
desuede
  • JoinedOct 2015
  • Posts 1921
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos2574
Vape Tool app banned
Google Play Protect recently banned the popular Vape Tool and Vape Tool Pro Android apps.

Apart for the wording being odd coming from Google (see below), this app doesn't require any particular permissions with a default installation.
Hopefully this is a false positive hit by Google's automated monitoring, and the app will be up again on Google Play soon. It has been my favorite vape app for some time now.

For those who want to follow the status of the case there are a couple of reddit threads where the app developer (u/stasbar) is posting:

reddit - Vape Tool ban explanation
and
reddit - Google Play has apparently flagged Vape Tool as an unsafe app
and
reddit - Vape Tool Google Play Ban Update

Edited on 7/26/2019 at 11:18 AM. Reason:
#2 (permalink)      7/21/2019 9:48:32 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
VinTCV
  • JoinedJun 2017
  • Posts 180
  • Reviews 110
  • Kudos172
+1 details
Yep, I have uninstalled it for the moment until i find out whats going on, its a good accurate tool and doesn't actually use any of your phone data, youre right, it seems a bit strange
#3 (permalink)      7/22/2019 1:16:08 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
yoshy262
  • JoinedDec 2014
  • Posts 2585
  • Reviews 49
  • Kudos2717
+1 details
VinTCV wrote:

Yep, I have uninstalled it for the moment until i find out whats going on, its a good accurate tool and doesn't actually use any of your phone data, youre right, it seems a bit strange

Or just install 'NoRoot firewall' on your phone and block any traffic if that app don''t need internet traffic.
Like this you can use the app locally, without any internet access.

I am using the firewall on my phone because some apps really don't need the internet communication, so I block any internet access for them.
If is running locally then why should I permit any in or out communication?

PS - you can block any type of adds, I really hate adds.

Edited on 7/22/2019 at 1:19 AM. Reason:
Look but don't touch. Touch, but don't taste. Taste, don't swallow.
#4 (permalink)      7/22/2019 2:05:36 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Loki123
  • JoinedJun 2016
  • Posts 48
  • Reviews 74
  • Kudos22
Thanks for the info, I paid for the pro version and uninstalled it at the moment...
#5 (permalink)      7/22/2019 2:33:06 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
FN1980
  • JoinedJan 2016
  • Posts 130
  • Reviews 28
  • Kudos64
Another good tool for every Android user is „Blokada“.

From their site:

BLOKADA, THE AD BLOCKER

If you want to efficiently block ads, trackers, malware, save on your data plan, speed up your device and protect your privacy with just one application, then Blokada is for you. It is free, secure and open source.

Blokada works across all of your apps, not only the browser! It doesn't require root, supports both Wi-Fi and mobile networks, and is perfectly safe and simple to use. Just turn it on, and it will do the job silently!

Search for it on Google or the alternate F-Droid Store app. It is not on the Android Play Store because they do not allow ad and tracking blockers (for obvious reasons).

You need to make 20 posts in the forum to enable your signature.
#6 (permalink)      7/22/2019 5:03:40 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Becak
  • JoinedJun 2017
  • Posts 593
  • Reviews 5
  • Kudos412
desuede wrote:

Google Play Protect recently banned the popular Vape Tool and Vape Tool Pro Android apps.Apart for the wording being odd coming from Google (see below), this app doesn't require any particular permissions with a default installation.Hopefully this is a false positive hit by Google's automated monitoring, and the app will be up again on Google Play soon. It has been my favorite vape app for some time now.For those who want to follow the status of the case there are a couple of reddit threads where the app developer (u/stasbar) is posting:reddit - Vape Tool ban explanationandreddit - Google Play has apparently flagged Vape Tool as an unsafe app

Is it safe from virus or spyware?

#7 (permalink)      7/22/2019 6:50:15 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
yoshy262
  • JoinedDec 2014
  • Posts 2585
  • Reviews 49
  • Kudos2717
https://www.reddit.com/r/electronic_cigarette/comments/cg3jub/vape_tool_ban_explanation/

It's a safe app. False positive from Google.
Look but don't touch. Touch, but don't taste. Taste, don't swallow.
#8 (permalink)      7/22/2019 9:16:04 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ChuckRoast
  • JoinedJul 2019
  • Posts 40
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos22
Post deleted by mod (Anniepan) on grounds of: Spam
#9 (permalink)      7/22/2019 11:23:20 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
logidog
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 1024
  • Reviews 27
  • Kudos793
+2 details
There are many apps & programs that can do the math for vaping. The one I use for my electronic needs + vaping is CressALL Power Calculator. Enter ANY 2 of Volts/Amps/Ohms/Watts and it will calculate the other 2 instantly. This is as simple as it gets and you can enter your targeted goal. Here’s a link if anyone’s interested…

https://www.chscontrols.se/en/specialities/power-resistors/power-calculator-app/
#10 (permalink)      7/22/2019 2:41:53 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
tengeresz56
  • JoinedDec 2014
  • Posts 460
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos369
Interesting but very sad infos... I Never used any kind of calculator to get the result of Ohms/Watts or the NIC level. - I like to use my brain better than to be silly...Think... And do not cry!

Edited on 7/22/2019 at 2:48 PM. Reason:
#11 (permalink)      7/22/2019 2:57:35 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
SOLOMONgrundy
  • JoinedJun 2016
  • Posts 1012
  • Reviews 55
  • Kudos362
+2 details
I have a Amazon tablet so I had to download the apk so the app is still working for me.a lot of people post coil pics, pics of their mods stuff like that.they have a huge battery library with all their information.keep can share your juice recipes with a lot of different people.great app