shopping cart empty
Have you ever received packages you didn't order?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#21 (permalink)      5/15/2019 6:33:05 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
lazyfitter
  • JoinedFeb 2016
  • Posts 3697
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos7191
+6 details
Lol... sounds like we all got cheap tat! I do know a really nice guy who received a box of atomisers randomly in the post. They were obviously pre release as they were engraved with for testing and not for sale!
Couldn't have gone to a nicer guy.... good karma... don't know what karma is saying to me when I got a lousy mole removal pen! 😆
#22 (permalink)      5/15/2019 11:05:29 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
FN1980
  • JoinedJan 2016
  • Posts 130
  • Reviews 28
  • Kudos64
+2 details
I have never received any packages like that but I do have accounts at Amazon (since 1999) and at least 10 Chinese vendors like FT from which I have ordered stuff since about 2005. I also had a website for my side-business where my adress was listed for everyone to see for about 7 years. So it is hard to tell why they choose someone. Maybe it is entirely random because it makes no difference for them.

I think they do it for two reasons: either to get rid of unsellable overstock and it is somehow cheaper to randomly mail it away instead of hiring and paying some recycling company to pick this stuff up and destroy it or leave it sitting in some warehouse OR they do it to inflate the number of packets they mail out because someone measures „more packets mailed“ as „more items sold“ which gives them some kind of advantage and/or financial gain.
You need to make 20 posts in the forum to enable your signature.
#23 (permalink)      5/16/2019 1:09:56 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Jubby
  • JoinedMar 2014
  • Posts 3405
  • Reviews 153
  • Kudos13859
+3 details
I got some ass electrodes for losing weight last time ... once I got a thing that suctions onto the bathroom mirror and twists your toothpaste perfectly ... most of it goes to the bin. I get stuff regularly. I can’t see how I’m being scammed if I am 😂
If you want on or off the list just let me know.
#24 (permalink)      5/16/2019 1:52:05 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Hiko9
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 5634
  • Reviews 269
  • Kudos5403
+3 details
I got a package containing some crap pens and a pair of plastic sunglasses you'd be insulted to win as a seaside attraction prize

... But then i did order 1x 4gb DDR3 stick for the best price around... and when it came it was a box of ten of them

5 pcs got an upgrade because of that
Green Screwdriver for LIFE
#25 (permalink)      5/16/2019 4:42:44 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
paul666
  • JoinedApr 2015
  • Posts 184
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos144
+2 details
Yes, 3 things:

Small cleaning brushes - No idea who they came from apart from China.
iPhone screen protectors - Via Amazon
Fitness watch - Via Amazon.

I don't know who the Amazon ones were from.

The Amazon ones I'm going to eBay. I assume they got my address from reviews I've done and sent them for review. But as there were multiple sellers of each item??? Maybe the OEM is seeding reviews?

The brushes I'm using - Strange as I had ordered and received some from eBay.

Edited on 5/16/2019 at 4:45 AM. Reason:
#26 (permalink)      5/16/2019 9:24:30 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Morris68
  • JoinedNov 2014
  • Posts 5247
  • Reviews 50
  • Kudos8246
+3 details
Periodically get small (4"X5") white packages from China (no idea from who) that seem to be totally empty. Don't remember ordering anything that might fit in such a package that I hadn't received. Anyone else experience this and/or know what's up?
“O wad some Power the giftie gie us, to see oursels as ithers see us!" Robert Burns
#27 (permalink)      5/16/2019 9:37:00 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cilika
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 14567
  • Reviews 352
  • Kudos28244
+2 details
The closest to that was getting a pair of tweezers instead of an RTA. But I knew very well from where...
#28 (permalink)      5/16/2019 9:43:52 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Jubby
  • JoinedMar 2014
  • Posts 3405
  • Reviews 153
  • Kudos13859
+4 details
Morris68 wrote:

Periodically get small (4"X5") white packages from China (no idea from who) that seem to be totally empty. Don't remember ordering anything that might fit in such a package that I hadn't received. Anyone else experience this and/or know what's up?

I get those empty ones too ...

If you want on or off the list just let me know.
#29 (permalink)      5/16/2019 9:50:12 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Sluggy
  • JoinedJun 2016
  • Posts 196
  • Reviews 19
  • Kudos237
+5 details
Got an empty one once and a weight loss/exercise belt thing that my wife threw away. Its completely random and not the first time this has been posted about. Whoever is doing this please send us some better cheap free stuff!
Cum Grano Salis
#30 (permalink)      5/16/2019 2:58:35 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
lithium
  • JoinedJun 2014
  • Posts 857
  • Reviews 73
  • Kudos1038
+2 details
Jubby wrote:

I got some ass electrodes for losing weight last time ... once I got a thing that suctions onto the bathroom mirror and twists your toothpaste perfectly ... most of it goes to the bin. I get stuff regularly. I can’t see how I’m being scammed if I am 😂

The scam is manipulating online store search rating and review scores misleading customers who might actually buy the product.

I was at work and i mentioned the random delivery i got and someone i work with said he received a bra and pair of sandals last week from the same site.

The empty packages seems kinda disappointing.

Edited on 5/16/2019 at 3:02 PM. Reason: update
Uk resident of rip off britain........Screwdriver agnostic and proud ;). Caseum placet mihi
#31 (permalink)      5/16/2019 3:03:20 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Wylie
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 5129
  • Reviews 77
  • Kudos3350
+4 details
Only once, a satanic looking bracelet, like I'm not cursed enough already!
Always keep your ear to the ground!