shopping cart empty
Foodie stuff, Part II
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#621 (permalink)      5/25/2018 9:00:46 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Caffeine
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 2591
  • Reviews 3
  • Kudos6284
+8 details
NBA East Finals snack/dinner:

It's a precooked Salisbury steak patty, cut in half lengthwise as was a bit fat for this.
Added chopped white onion, pepperoni, and aged Swiss cheese. All on a delicious and yeasty Panini roll spread with Cholula Chipotle sauce. Nuked until just melty and noms!!

This, some of the leftover macaroni pasta stuff from before, and the salad are all I've eaten today. Pretty normal when it's like 80F for the day. Mostly drink water, iced tea/coffee on hot days. Well, and take my vitamins. ;-)

Tiki has been enjoying her TJ's treats and cold poached chicken for snacks. She doesn't like the heat either.

Sprawled furball kitty sleepin' xD

Edited on 5/25/2018 at 9:03 PM. Reason:
#622 (permalink)      5/25/2018 9:57:14 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
RussG
  • JoinedMay 2015
  • Posts 1931
  • Reviews 87
  • Kudos1735
+8 details
Soft Kitty, Warm Kitty
Little Ball of Fur
Happy Kitty, Sleepy Kitty
Purr Purr Purr

Boy, did I want to be Sheldon Cooper.
#623 (permalink)      5/25/2018 10:39:55 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Caffeine
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 2591
  • Reviews 3
  • Kudos6284
+7 details
RussG wrote:

Soft Kitty, Warm Kitty
Little Ball of Fur
Happy Kitty, Sleepy Kitty
Purr Purr Purr

Boy, did I want to be Sheldon Cooper.

Awww, how nice, thank you! :-)
I think that's the first poety that has been dedicated to Tiki.

She'd be pleased, if she could read, OFC. xD

Edited on 5/25/2018 at 10:44 PM. Reason:
#624 (permalink)      5/26/2018 4:31:43 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Caffeine
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 2591
  • Reviews 3
  • Kudos6284
+3 details
It's funny though, the show got sued for using that kitty ditty. ;-)

https://www.moviefone.com/2015/12/30/the-big-bang-theory-sued-over-soft-kitty-warm-kitty-song/

Edited on 5/26/2018 at 4:32 AM. Reason:
#625 (permalink)      5/26/2018 4:32:22 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
THEKEBABMAN
  • JoinedSep 2014
  • Posts 361
  • Reviews 67
  • Kudos256
+6 details
Moosgummi wrote:

Don’t get me started on the beer...I have the privilege to live in a country that sells beer (alcohol in general) quite cheap. For 11 bucks you get a crate (24 bottles or cans) of very drinkable beer.The cheap stuff is almost half of that.

please tell me the country you speak of !! as i am more than happy to come over and drink all of your beer !!
for a few years i lived in south east Asia and for $20 australian dollars a day would cover all of my accommodation, food alcohol, bar girls and transport ! the best 3.5 years of my life !i just wish i could remember most of it ! ha ha ha

N.T stands for, not today, not tomorrow, not Tuesday, not Thursday, not this truck, not this train. Northern Territory Australia.
#626 (permalink)      5/26/2018 5:01:19 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ptitfour
  • JoinedJan 2014
  • Posts 10445
  • Reviews 148
  • Kudos16774
+5 details
for 25 dollars you can find a 10 liter bagging box with good wine inside in many place . cooperative , direct by the producer , or the worst ... supermarket .
#627 (permalink)      5/26/2018 5:43:50 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Moosgummi
  • JoinedMay 2014
  • Posts 13873
  • Reviews 170
  • Kudos44029
+5 details
THEKEBABMAN wrote:

Moosgummi wrote:

Don’t get me started on the beer...I have the privilege to live in a country that sells beer (alcohol in general) quite cheap. For 11 bucks you get a crate (24 bottles or cans) of very drinkable beer.The cheap stuff is almost half of that.

please tell me the country you speak of !! as i am more than happy to come over and drink all of your beer !!
for a few years i lived in south east Asia and for $20 australian dollars a day would cover all of my accommodation, food alcohol, bar girls and transport ! the best 3.5 years of my life !i just wish i could remember most of it ! ha ha ha

Germany. Well, beer is cheap (cheapest at the moment is about 40 cent per liter), but I don't know about the bar girls - I am not allowed to mingle with those...

Well known brands like Becks or Jever often go for under 10€/per crate

Here you get 10 liters of beer and a crate of mineral water for roughly 5 Dollars. (you have to pay a deposit, but you get that back 100% when you return the bottles and crates. We are sooo geen). It's "private label", but is ok. Remember:
We still have the German Beer Purity Law. Since over 500 years.
So they cannot put any old shit in it...

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
#628 (permalink)      5/26/2018 6:31:15 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
THEKEBABMAN
  • JoinedSep 2014
  • Posts 361
  • Reviews 67
  • Kudos256
+5 details
Moosgummi wrote:

THEKEBABMAN wrote:
Moosgummi wrote:

Germany. Well, beer is cheap (cheapest at the moment is about 40 cent per liter), but I don't know about the bar girls - I am not allowed to mingle with those...

Well known brands like Becks or Jever often go for under 10€/per crate

Here you get 10 liters of beer and a crate of mineral water for roughly 5 Dollars. (you have to pay a deposit, but you get that back 100% when you return the bottles and crates. We are sooo geen). It's "private label", but is ok. Remember:
We still have the German Beer Purity Law. Since over 500 years.
So they cannot put any old shit in it...

ah yes Germany !! one of my mate was Bavarian ( as he would say ! not part of germany !! ! you might know him his name was sascha frank, but we called him jonny !anyway we use to fix motorbikes during the day and drink beer all night long ! he said that they would drink beer with some sort of white sausage for breakfast !! that too rough for me to take ! but he also said that the wages were low as well.

and if you find jonny tell him he still owes me two cases of beer !! ha ha ha

Edited on 5/26/2018 at 6:45 AM. Reason:
N.T stands for, not today, not tomorrow, not Tuesday, not Thursday, not this truck, not this train. Northern Territory Australia.
#629 (permalink)      5/26/2018 12:40:43 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Moosgummi
  • JoinedMay 2014
  • Posts 13873
  • Reviews 170
  • Kudos44029
+7 details
Too easy, mate! I‘m off to Bavaria first thing tomorrow morning. Hope my visum is still good (Bavaria is a little bit like another country ;-)
I‘ll explain the situation to Jonny and collect the cases on your behalf.

Edited on 5/26/2018 at 12:41 PM. Reason:
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
#630 (permalink)      5/26/2018 3:38:07 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Caffeine
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 2591
  • Reviews 3
  • Kudos6284
+4 details
That bag of frozen meatballs I'd hunted for, well, I found them.

They were store-bought for a great price and I liked 'em, if a bit bland. Perfect to use now for making up a batch of Adobo meat filling. =D

Used about half my jar of homemade Rick Bayless recipe Adobo sauce, onions, garlic, Mexican oregano, chili powders, fresh-ground cumin, and some Serranos. I'd browned the meatballs first in a bit of oil then spatula'd them down into a nice consistency. Cooked some more then deglazed with pickled jalapeno liquid then added the seasonings and spices and let 'er simmer. Let it get a nice semi-char to dry it out and add some extra flavor.

Ain't bad at all. xD

Edited on 5/26/2018 at 3:48 PM. Reason:
#631 (permalink)      5/26/2018 4:43:00 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Caffeine
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 2591
  • Reviews 3
  • Kudos6284
+6 details
Made enough to more than halfway fill a 9.5 cup storage container, about the biggest I have.

I'll have nice smokey, spicy 'n savory burrito/burger-mac/brekky/whatever meat for weeks now. =)

Edited on 5/26/2018 at 4:56 PM. Reason: