Shipping knives to the UK
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      9/4/2021 9:29:37 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
lazyfitter
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2016
  • Posts 3990
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos7922
+5 details
Mrbill1234 wrote:

lazyfitter wrote:
Mrbill1234 wrote:
Nobody should order anything that is not U.K. legal. Is it really worth having a criminal record for?
... I'm really glad that I didn't subscribe to your logic.
Especially when I was able to use my illegally obtained cs/pepper spray on about ten drunken teenage guys who attempted to mug me while I was walking my dog!
I'd much rather risk a criminal record than risk becoming a victim.

If you are in the UK, pepper spray is legally on par with a firearm and illegal possession would incur a mandatory jail sentence. Think about that.

Well, I've always had a pretty anus so I may just flourish in a prison environment! 😆😆😆

#12 (permalink)      9/4/2021 10:53:19 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
LovelyBerta
Forum Restricted
  • JoinedMar 2020
  • Posts 624
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos1526
+3 details
Stilettos are a good tool for self-defence. Just target nose, pinnas, and testicules.
#13 (permalink)      9/4/2021 12:27:46 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
lazyfitter
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2016
  • Posts 3990
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos7922
+2 details
LovelyBerta wrote:

Stilettos are a good tool for self-defence. Just target nose, pinnas, and testicules.

Good to see you here LovelyBerta....I had the misfortune to see a short what's app video of a stiletto heel being used for.... well, I'd rather not say....but I didn't eat my sausages at tea time that night! 🤢🤢😂

#14 (permalink)      9/4/2021 7:25:29 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
LovelyBerta
Forum Restricted
  • JoinedMar 2020
  • Posts 624
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos1526
+1 details
Glad to see the good people here at FT.
I could go and on on about the stilettos....

*nodding*

Edited on 9/5/2021 at 2:44 AM. Reason:
#15 (permalink)      9/6/2021 2:38:04 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
mammoth
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 424
  • Reviews 12
  • Kudos445
+1 details
sometimes the laws are so ridiculous you have to ignore them. in reality, the worst that would happen is it's confiscated at the border.
#16 (permalink)      9/6/2021 3:14:38 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Mrbill1234
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2015
  • Posts 11
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos4
mammoth wrote:

sometimes the laws are so ridiculous you have to ignore them. in reality, the worst that would happen is it's confiscated at the border.

I wouldn't count on that.

#17 (permalink)      9/6/2021 4:34:54 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
analogueman
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 2793
  • Reviews 5
  • Kudos2247
mammoth wrote:

That's not always the case here in the UK. Yes, confiscation is usually applied to many things that fall foul of the law. But (deemed illegal) weapons are regarded as a very different kettle of fish. Which presumably, is why the OP has made it clear he's not referring to anything other than the shipping of UK-legal knives.

It's twelve inches long, but don't use it as a rule...
#18 (permalink)      9/6/2021 9:03:17 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
lazyfitter
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2016
  • Posts 3990
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos7922
+2 details
With pepper spray and knives etc, if they are discovered by UK customs, you will receive a letter to inform you that they have been ceased. At least the first time you will. Obviously if you are discovered to be importing firearms/ammunition or component patrs of a firearm, the local cops will kick your front door in and you will be looking at jail time.
#19 (permalink)      9/6/2021 11:42:50 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Walker65
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2015
  • Posts 377
  • Reviews 14
  • Kudos218
+2 details
I bought what I thought was a nifty little "Kershaw" penknife from 40 thieves. Side opening, no lock mentioned, legal blade length. Got a visit from 2 police officers, turned out to be a flick knife. Got a caution. No more knives for me.
#20 (permalink)      9/6/2021 12:48:24 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Mrbill1234
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2015
  • Posts 11
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos4
+1 details
Walker65 wrote:

I bought what I thought was a nifty little "Kershaw" penknife from 40 thieves. Side opening, no lock mentioned, legal blade length. Got a visit from 2 police officers, turned out to be a flick knife. Got a caution. No more knives for me.

Did you know that a caution is an admission of guilt and is pretty much the same as a conviction? You basically have a criminal record. It will show up on a background check like a DBS check.

Lock knives are illegal in China so they photoshop locks and spring assist mechanisms out on Ali. Always mail the vendor and ask.

Edited on 9/6/2021 at 12:50 PM. Reason:
#21 (permalink)      9/6/2021 3:34:57 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
lazyfitter
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2016
  • Posts 3990
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos7922
+1 details
Walker65 wrote:

It's luck of the draw... I ordered a ganzo flick knife about a year and a half ago, fully expecting it to be ceased at Langley. Came straight through with no problems! I had thought at best it would pass Langley and be picked up coming into N.Ireland but it sailed through. The cops here have been very busy here lately... they've caught at least three young teens over the last couple of years,who have ordered firearms off the dark web!😱 One kid had a parcel delivered to a pick up point at a local shopping centre containing six Glock handguns! Crazy! 😂 The police just waited for him to roll up and collect it. Bloody kids,eh? 😆