shopping cart empty
"Cool" story
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      1/10/2017 9:45:51 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Karlsson3
  • JoinedMar 2015
  • Posts 2885
  • Reviews 42
  • Kudos2655
+4 details
"Cool" story
Want to read a cool story? I live in a house. It's a two-storey house. Upstairs lives an old relative couple. The house was built by my grandfather before the wwII. Russians didn't take the house away, as he was a working class man. In Soviet era our street was the quietest in town. No cars, not much people also. On the other side of the street was a stone wall and behind that a soviet enterprise of something. After the Russians left the thing behind the wall was privatized and the wall torn down. A supermarket emerged. And some ten years ago one of the buildings was leased to a street cleaning company. For some years there were some five to ten trucks that stood there in front of the building and started their cleaning operations from there. Last year they succeeded to renew their contract with the city council. Now there are about 40 trucks and tractors of every size crammed pretty much in front of our house. Some of the trucks are defective in a very clever way that they do not sound totally bad if you are in open air. Inside my house on the other hand you get an all materials penetrating hoot when they are warming their engines. Impossible to sleep. They work in three shifts 24h, depending on the weather. So if there is a defective engine, I hear it three times a day for about an hour. If there is 3 defective engines I hear them at least 9 times a day. And night too actually. I dont know how many engines are there that are bad but recently I've noticed there is no break for me at all when inside the house. I've told them about it many times. They laugh and think it is nothing. They even mock me. They have changed nothing in the way they operate. I've noticed some dudes even seek to revenge me by leaving their tractors totally unnecessarily just going. So now I am moving away from my home. I need sleep because I study. The retards there are all common Estonian men. I really miss my childhood with the quiet Russians and their wall. I need to look more into the German-Wendish side of my ancestors. At moments like this I really hate to belong to this culture. Because those men are utterly Estonian by nature, The Russians didn't take the house. Estonian boors are doing it now by giving me a finger.
Sorry I leave my computer now so I will not react to anything in this thread today.
#2 (permalink)      1/10/2017 9:59:14 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Vapor
  • JoinedApr 2013
  • Posts 18938
  • Reviews 153
  • Kudos13591
+3 details
I have always done my best to own the properties that surround me... Create my own buffer zone... Also pay close attention to how they and the adjoining lots are zoned... Dig into the area and look for trends in rezoning that have been approved... Easements are also fairly important to understand... Hope you find some peace...
"Most people do not really want freedom, because freedom involves responsibility, and most people are frightened of responsibility."
#3 (permalink)      1/10/2017 10:19:43 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Lost_In_Space
  • JoinedMay 2015
  • Posts 1493
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos4824
+5 details
Yeah, it's not a race thing. People are just dicks when ya gotta live next to 'em, no matter where ya live.

Had one little apartment once, so soundproof, so peaceful. Triple-pane windows. Great neighbors -- a building in Oakland's Chinatown.

Little senile old man and old lady used to wander in sometimes, didn't speak a word of English. They would putter around, just smile and nod at my wife and me. Then their granddaughter or someone would come get them and apologize. I told them they were welcome any time, lol.

But that was about the best I ever had it. Most of my neighbors have been absolute assholes.
In the night he's a star in the Milky Way. He's a man of the world by the light of day.
#4 (permalink)      1/10/2017 10:30:08 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ShelaghStone
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 22979
  • Reviews 187
  • Kudos16692
+2 details
Never had a problem with neighbours but occasionally someone tears down the beautiful old homes around me,
and puts up a huge McMonster Mansion - always in off white Neo Classical style which I abhor - and I am awakened by dump trucks reversing a bit earlier than zoning laws allow.

LIved in the city so long I have long tuned out the sounds.
Indeed I could not sleep without hearing sirens racing somewhere in the background.

Never had a nightmarish neighbour though, fortunately.

Hope you find some peace and quiet.
(*~*)
#5 (permalink)      1/10/2017 10:33:49 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
La_Saxonne02
  • JoinedNov 2016
  • Posts 3192
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos3271
+1 details
Saxon_02 left some of their equipment in the basement. Do you want it?
#6 (permalink)      1/10/2017 10:40:37 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
rangermsr
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 6812
  • Reviews 29
  • Kudos9148
+2 details
Wow karlsson, that totally sux. Sorry to hear that. I would be tempted to *fix* those engines for them, but would probably not be the best thing to do :/

I now pay tax on my Great Grandfathers old homestead. For most of my life I lived there. It was very quiet / peaceful in the early days, but as the area became more populated we had more people move in around us. Things got pretty bad with a certain set of neighbors right before I moved to where I'm at now ( I still own the property ), but right before I moved we came to an 'understanding' lol. Things got much better.

I eventually plan to move back, but it will never be like it used to. I'm good with it now, although I had a bit of a rough time coming to terms with that. Hopefully you will at least find a way to get through to those idiots, but like LIS said arseholes are just that, and they're everywhere :P
unrealistic expectations lend to disappointment
#7 (permalink)      1/10/2017 10:56:50 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
rangermsr
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 6812
  • Reviews 29
  • Kudos9148
+2 details
La_Saxonne02 wrote:

Saxon_02 left some of their equipment in the basement. Do you want it?

Whatcha got :)

unrealistic expectations lend to disappointment
#8 (permalink)      1/10/2017 11:01:47 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
neo71665
  • JoinedApr 2015
  • Posts 1908
  • Reviews 50
  • Kudos1207
+1 details
Glad I own the 90 acres around my house
My opinions are my own. If you disagree with them please take a big healthy crap in your hands and give yourself a round of applause.
#9 (permalink)      1/10/2017 11:02:20 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
La_Saxonne02
  • JoinedNov 2016
  • Posts 3192
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos3271
+1 details
lots of different things...
not allowed to speak about it publicly
may hurt...
#10 (permalink)      1/10/2017 11:22:25 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
JoeVan
  • JoinedOct 2014
  • Posts 7613
  • Reviews 114
  • Kudos8819
+2 details
I had neighbors dealing heroin out of their mother's (the owner) house.

There were 16 people living in that house, including the young children.

Traffic up and down the driveway all hours all day every day. People shooting-up parked right in front of our house looking at our front door. Had shit stolen from the garage. Called the cops dozens of times over months feeding them license plate numbers, names and everything, and nothing happened. Same cars would pull up every other day. People finally got arrested (not because of our phone calls, but because one of them got pulled over with paraphernalia), but it took over a year of dealing with sketchy people next to our property every day. The owner left the house after that, made everyone move out, and new people moved in (renters). Super annoying people, who also moved in their entire extended family. You can't leave your front door without them yelling something at you from across the driveway.

Fuck people. Seriously. I would buy that house and leave it vacant if I could afford it.

Edited on 1/10/2017 at 11:36 AM. Reason:
What's with the cats?
#11 (permalink)      1/10/2017 12:34:11 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
R4DLY
  • JoinedOct 2014
  • Posts 4670
  • Reviews 200
  • Kudos4103
+2 details
I'm 31, I live with 13 students aged 20-21 and a shitload of mice.

I feel for you Karlsson3, constant noise pollution 24/7 fucks up your life, ruins sleep, makes you irritable and you can't concentrate. But look at the plus side, you own your property so at least you've got options.

Arent there any rules goverening noise pollution and 24 hour working?
Fear is the mind killer