Spydercollector
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#21 (permalink)      3/16/2016 4:53:32 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Nymzavril
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2014
  • Posts 23802
  • Reviews 280
  • Kudos18277
+1 details
Oh, and as I've restated many times before, and will do again: best knife ever made by Spyderco? The fully serated meerkat. I love the ghost lock, and that little thing fits my hand like it was tailor made. I once had to tow a truck out of the mud with my old Navara crew cab, and the rope was so wet and badly knotted (not by me) that cutting it was the only option. I pull out the Meerkat, and the guy laughs and unfolds this huge lock knife, and pushes me aside "you need something a bit bigger for a 1" tow rope mate". I let him hack at it for a minute, and then sliced the thing cleanly with one stroke, much to his amazement. Awesome little knife.
Grand Poobah of The Sacred Order of The Magick Blue Screwdriver. The old Juice Junkies FAQ and guides can be found here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vp4ktp8l7fdywg5/AABFkmnUJhjl9vX8tE4URZ8sa?dl=0
#22 (permalink)      3/16/2016 5:29:34 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
gph61
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 32767
  • Reviews 23
  • Kudos26825
I have a plain edged Meerkat and I really like the grip too. I can see what you mean by size vs cutting power with the serrated edge. If I carry more than one knife the 2nd is a ladybug hawkbill serrated. The cutting power to weight ratio on that little thing is great.
If I'm ignoring you it's because you're fallacy impaired. Here's hoping you rectify your problem so that we might have a sensible conversation.
#23 (permalink)      3/16/2016 5:33:10 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Nymzavril
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2014
  • Posts 23802
  • Reviews 280
  • Kudos18277
You should try the Harpy. A bit bigger than the meerkat, but designed as a sailing knife (though Hannibal Lecter found other uses) so it chomps through rope like a hungry great white.
Grand Poobah of The Sacred Order of The Magick Blue Screwdriver. The old Juice Junkies FAQ and guides can be found here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vp4ktp8l7fdywg5/AABFkmnUJhjl9vX8tE4URZ8sa?dl=0
#24 (permalink)      3/16/2016 5:36:19 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
gph61
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 32767
  • Reviews 23
  • Kudos26825
The Harpy is my number 1 waffle. I just need to find a way to incorporate more fibrous material in my work.
If I'm ignoring you it's because you're fallacy impaired. Here's hoping you rectify your problem so that we might have a sensible conversation.