Knife types and German customs - For a noob
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#41 (permalink)      1/18/2016 8:31:44 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
8steve88
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 451
  • Reviews 124
  • Kudos274
The SRM 6020RUC-SA (https://www.fasttech.com/products/2132001) is a sweet little slipjoint , a H03 with scales and a graphic on the side, so should be O.K.
The Sanrenmu 9054MUC-GP (https://www.fasttech.com/products/1646105) uses the liners as a locking device - Detente lock - acts like a slip joint but the hole in the blade matches up to the shaped liners and scales to allow something to pass through and effectively lock the blade, 550 Paeacord works just fine. - Legal ? don't know, I have several but they are a couple of mm over our laws allow in the U.K. so I end up taking a different knife out and about, lovely knife though.
The Sanrenmu GB4-913P (https://www.fasttech.com/products/1557100) I don't have one so can't really comment
The C156 Outdoor Survival Stainless Steel Folding Knife (https://www.fasttech.com/products/3666603) is a clone of a Spyderco Brad Southard folder. The one that I have (not bought from FastTech) is very well made complete with ball bearing pivot. It cost a few dollars more than this one so this one might not be as well made. There is a review which I'm sure you've read, shows the C156 in a good light.
#42 (permalink)      1/18/2016 2:29:05 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
neozz
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2016
  • Posts 7
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos2
Hi 8steve88,

Sarenmu's 9054MUC-GP and 6020RUC-SA are the only ones of the bunch, that i could carry around legally in Merkelland.
That's the only reason i bought those (well except the 6020RUC-SA, since it does look really sweet. I wish the H03 version would be available, since I don't like the logo/bird imprint on the knife).
Both should make through the customs without a problem.
I think the hole in 9054MUC to make it a fixed blade, should pose no problems as well (fixed blades are allowed here if under 12cm).
Not sure about the liner/framelocks and brand-clones knives... :/

Btw where did you buy your Southard clone?
I saw a few good replicas on aliexp, that I would like to buy (spiderco harpy for example), but first: they don't accept paypal (can only pay with it) and second I'm not sure what our custom would do if I try to import replicas/clones.

Edited on 1/18/2016 at 2:30 PM. Reason:
#43 (permalink)      1/18/2016 4:02:28 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
8steve88
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 451
  • Reviews 124
  • Kudos274
+1 details
Hi neozz.
Southard clone was about $23 from AE. Most vendors will deal outside of AE, PayPal no problem.
I have found the escrow system that they use good, no problems in three years and many purchases.
If your customs are like our customs then they don't seem to care, possibly the difference in labor and cost between seizing a knife and prosecuting for a counterfeit case, just guessing.

SanRenMu make some very nice knives with the detente lock, the 9051 an M1 with multi colour G10/Micarta scales, very cool knives. Also the 9055 series. There are loads of smaller detente and slipjoints sold on here at very good prices.

You can find sellers on bayusa that are based in China, an email to them will often get results.
#44 (permalink)      1/19/2016 12:38:28 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
neozz
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2016
  • Posts 7
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos2
I've messaged 2 vendors on A-E about them accepting paypal payment, but they declined. Told me that they don't own a paypal account, which I found strange... :/ So I gave up trying.

About Sanrenmu quality, yeah its pretty amazing what they are offering for such a small price.
I also bought 3x7010 LUC-SA on g3arbst, since its only 7$ there. Sweet deal.
Gonna try ask vendors on bayusa, thanks for the tip.
#45 (permalink)      1/19/2016 8:54:58 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
8steve88
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 451
  • Reviews 124
  • Kudos274
Not being able to buy knives from Amazin or bay .uk or .com means you have to get a bit creative, I only pick those that ship from China as U.S.A. parcels seem to attract more attention, you might have to give a couple of dollars on postage but not much. Some have separate stores of their own
3XDkT has had a 799 deal on the 7010LUC-SA and the black with fireball 7010LUI-SH for a while but the $7 is a great deal, fantastic quality at that price. I collect 2 types and try to get all the variants of the SRM 710/7010 and the Enlan EL-01. If you are keen on the EL-01 the best I've had is an AE guy selling them Mugnum branded - Boker Magnum misspelled so as not to attract the Boker bots. All black plain edge and flips right out of the box, no play and sharp about $14 but well worth it. Not seen one badged as a Magnum other than the Magnum A-Stan, coated blade and hardware in grey with the khaki scales and a pivot pin same as normal triangle but a T8 Torx machined in the centre. Came in the usual Boker Magnum tin with the torx key - T6 one end and T8 the other. RUI Energy series is another re-badged EL-01, standard and khaki scales and packaged in an Energy Drink can.
#46 (permalink)      1/22/2016 3:28:48 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
horst.the.worst
Verified
  • JoinedDec 2012
  • Posts 2164
  • Reviews 20
  • Kudos5903
$0.20 rebate earned+1 details
Moin neozz.

#1 - "C12CS Stainless Steel Folding Knife":

Carambit knife, one-handed opening, lock >> Einhandmesser, eingeschränktes Führverbot
Spyderco counterfeit >> Einfuhrverbot

-------------

#2 - "Authentic Sanrenmu 6020RUC-SA Stainless Steel Folding Knife":

One-handed opening, no lock >> legal

-------------

#3 - "Sanrenmu 9054MUC-GP No Lock Stainless Steel Folding Knife":

One-handed opening, no lock >> legal

-------------

#4 - "Sanrenmu GB4-913P Stainless Steel Folding Half Serrated Knife":

One-handed opening, lock >> Einhandmesser, eingeschränktes Führverbot

-------------

#5 - "C156 Outdoor Survival Stainless Steel Folding Knife":

One-handed opening, lock >> Einhandmesser, eingeschränktes Führverbot
Spyderco counterfeit >> Einfuhrverbot

Edited on 1/23/2016 at 9:14 AM. Reason: thx 4 teh tipz
#47 (permalink)      1/23/2016 6:22:37 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
neozz
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2016
  • Posts 7
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos2
Hi horst.the.worst,

any Idea how long does it take for fasttech's shipments to arrive in Ger?
#48 (permalink)      1/23/2016 9:41:57 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
horst.the.worst
Verified
  • JoinedDec 2012
  • Posts 2164
  • Reviews 20
  • Kudos5903
+1 details
Dunno; I stopped ordering from FT in Feb'15, being pissed from the additional paperwork due to customs catching almost every single shipment.

If you make your order, put it on hold immediately, then open a ticket, and ask them to make a correct customs declaration, and to attach an invoice on the outside of the shipment.

Since last September, DHL charges a ridiculous 28.50eur fee for the nachträgliche Postverzollung, in case you need that service.
#49 (permalink)      1/23/2016 11:31:46 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
neozz
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2016
  • Posts 7
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos2
[snip]
You said, i should ask fasttech for a "correct customs declaration"...
Since its my first order here, how do they do currently? Since I paid with paypal, i guess i could get the money back, if there is something wrong with the shipment...

Well, my 2 Orders are already shipped out :/
Can't wait to see how this thing turns out...

Edited on 1/23/2016 at 1:59 PM. Reason:
#50 (permalink)      1/23/2016 1:12:29 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
horst.the.worst
Verified
  • JoinedDec 2012
  • Posts 2164
  • Reviews 20
  • Kudos5903
+1 details
Well, it's nothing new, that shipments to a foreign customs area require a correct customs declaration plus invoice.
Most Chinese shops continuously gave -and still give- a shiny fuck about that, hence custom authorities just had to increase their inspection rates (and they still don't charge any extra fees for their work except for storing your stuff longer than necessary, btw).
But, since these increased inspection rates also cause increased efforts for the shipping companies, it had to come to a point, where they'd feel like passing their extra costs to the customers - and that's why DHL came up with that fee.
DHL is a private company, despite the state still holding a little share, and they're anything but a non-profit organization.

As for the oh-so-evil rapefugees, and the "10000 taxes" thing... if only people would care as much about the things we do to each other just for the sake of capitalism.
#51 (permalink)      1/23/2016 2:15:17 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
neozz
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2016
  • Posts 7
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos2
Whoops, I completely missed the "DHL bit" in your previous post. Falsely took it for a new fee our customs came up with...
Anyway, i see photos of the packages under my orders, but i have no idea if those are correctly declared, because you can barely read text on those high compressed jpgs :/