[AMA]I'm back - all bashing and criticisms welcome
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#661 (permalink)      5/28/2022 2:56:41 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cmj55
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2014
  • Posts 7287
  • Reviews 122
  • Kudos27748
+2 details
Hi Lydia, yes thank you for restoring that post. I had already thanked you in the relevant topic.

There is no need for apologies both you and I have been and will continue to be damaged by the false reports which are rife on this forum. The misuse of the report triangle has been discussed in this thread but nothing has been done up to now.

On the previous page I still have two moderation related questions:

The first has been answered but I posted an extra question in an edit at the bottom of the post.

The other question regarding false accusations remains unanswered.

My post #655 on this page is also related to that question.

I realise that your time is limited, for me my post regarding false accusations is the most important long standing problem.
#662 (permalink)      5/28/2022 4:43:15 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cilika
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 16094
  • Reviews 390
  • Kudos29775
Ok I'd just like to know what's the 4. symbol from the right for? [ hr ]
Not noticed it before. Is it for separate paragraphs or else?

Thanks for any reply.
#663 (permalink)      5/28/2022 5:22:13 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
airwinny
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2014
  • Posts 8747
  • Reviews 224
  • Kudos31382
+1 details
cilika wrote:

Ok I'd just like to know what's the 4. symbol from the right for?
Not noticed it before. Is it for separate paragraphs or else?

Thanks for any reply.

It's just a line to be used as a separator. If, for example you post 6 gifs (as you do), and the first 5 tell a story, you can add a separator after the 5th gif, so that everyone knows the 6th gif isn't part of the story.

Gif 1
Gif 2
Gif 3
Gif 4
Gif 5

Gif 6
#664 (permalink)      5/28/2022 5:24:37 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cilika
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 16094
  • Reviews 390
  • Kudos29775
+1 details
Thanks! I'll try it out with a couple of GIFs =D
#665 (permalink)      5/28/2022 3:53:40 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
SabreToothBunny
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2013
  • Posts 180
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos344
+1 details
@Geek @Lydia @Staff

SabreToothBunny wrote:

I note that my previous post has been completely overlooked...

SabreToothBunny wrote:

@Geek
Could you kindly explain why my last post was deleted?
Edit; ah, I see. It's been moved to Here?!? Do you think that's where it belongs?

SabreToothBunny wrote:

The result is that posts like mine are simply drowned out or caught in the crossfire, which becomes a waste of my time...

Finally developed a superpower. It seems I'm completely invisible because I've had no response, I still don't have my money and my pointless posts remain like a fart in a tornado.

lydia wrote:

@SabreToothBunny
...I'd like to add that there is no favoritism in this thread...

lydia wrote:

...remain impartial...
...We guarantee that there are no double standards for members...

You may think there is no favouritism. You may think you are impartial. You may think there are no double standards... But I guarantee you treat members differently, as evidenced by the above

lydia wrote:

I admit that I'm not doing good work reconciling the arguments/conflicts. For this, I apologize.

It's not your place to apologise because it's not your fault. It's a failure of Fasttechs' policy. If you're sending emails to members to tell them they're 'being naughty' and linking rules, do you really think that's going to change anything? Is that really the most powerful tool in your arsenal?

#666 (permalink)      5/28/2022 3:53:56 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
SabreToothBunny
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2013
  • Posts 180
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos344
You're slapping wrists when you should be cutting off hands. All the tools to manage this are at your disposal; Except...

SabreToothBunny wrote:

...please refer to my support ticket Q0219YXLFR which I raised back in February 2019.

I raised all of this over 3 years ago, when these divisions had already prevailed for over 2 years and I got the same responses I will now. You simply do not seem to grasp that this softly softly approach doesn't work and it has led to an environment thriving with bullying, trolling and personal attacks because everyone can act with impunity. At this point I hold YOU, Fasttech as responsible for the current status quo as the trolls and the aggressors because you are the ones who allowed this environment to thrive.

Alt accounts are clearly an issue but they're not the main problem. It's the personal attacks on all sides which are spilling into every thread because someone doesn't like someone else. Those alt accounts are a side effect of long standing feuds. If main accounts were dealt with, the alts would fall away. 90% of the attack posts aren't even to do with alts. They're personal and aimed between users.
Deleting attacks a day after they're posted does nothing because the arguments are happening in real time. The aim of the aggressor has already been achieved when their post has been read by whomever it is aimed at.

If users can't control their impulses, it is up to you to police things where there have been clear breaches;
If there are personal attacks, if there is bullying; temporarily suspend offending accounts.
If there are racist or posts of personal information then ban offending accounts. Those are consequences that would stop users being able to instigate their attacks... But you won't, for reasons I simply cannot fathom.

SabreToothBunny wrote:

I would therefore appreciate it if you would take the time to enact the following;
- I have tipped you the few rebate points I have left. I have $54.20 worth of Gift Certificates which I won't be spending here. I would appreciate it if you could please find a mechanism to refund this to me. I really don't care how; whether it is via PayPal account via my registered email or posted in Chinese Yen via snail mail to a registered address
- I would appreciate it if my forum account be closed and all posts made by me deleted as well. I will leave my registered purchase account open in case of warranty issues but there is no need for my forum account to remain going forwards

Those are the reasons I requested what I have above and I deeply resent having to repeat my request but PLEASE could you action the above so I can just get my money and go.
I don't want a discussion about this. If you really want to respond, you can reply to that ancient ticket Q0219YXLFR but I will just repeat what I've said above and before.
As I said, I wish you luck on a difficult job but in the meantime, I simply do not belong here.
Thank you for your understanding

#667 (permalink)      5/28/2022 6:08:51 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ericbnc
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 10814
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos11490
SabreToothBunny wrote:

don't take the blue window pane

What is "Can I Get an Amen?" for $200 Alex?

😊

Up (censored by PRC) creek with a 8 inch long piece of fecal matter for a paddle
#668 (permalink)      5/29/2022 8:39:19 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
viking65
Verified
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 32394
  • Reviews 14
  • Kudos64290
+1 details
cmj55 wrote:

1. Why was the post removed as trolling.

Because that is exactly what that post was

V8 didn't mention any names but you just wanted to make sure everyone knew who he meant, but I'm sure all involved already knew. SMH

The thread was created to continue trolling, period.

2. Was the post removed as a consequence of a false report and If so who reported it?

The second part of my second question remains - Who falsely reported the post?
The answer would be greatly appreciated.

But previously you have said.

cmj55 wrote:

Showing who reported a post could easily lead to more acrimony, not only between poster & reporter but also involving the moderator.

So you want staff to tell you who is reporting you?

But not tell anyone if it is you doing the reporting?

Oh and you want to involve the Moderator?

Lol just lol

BTW, Why did feel the need to get involved if you weren't part of all the fighting and then cry when someone reports you?

Just because Lydia reinstated your post does does not mean it was not trolling, you have said yourself staff never reads the posts.

I think it was definitely an attempt to troll and I should have reported it myself. lol

You also took advantage of her, because you know she does not understand any of this and is just trying to please everyone.

BYE FB 😉

I am outta here, not gonna get banned for trying to reason with trolls

https://i.imgur.com/OSS6yni.jpg
#669 (permalink)      5/29/2022 8:52:49 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
viking65
Verified
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 32394
  • Reviews 14
  • Kudos64290
@SabreToothBunny

Its the weekend, try again on Monday when staff returns

FT time
https://i.imgur.com/OSS6yni.jpg
#670 (permalink)      5/29/2022 10:23:56 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cmj55
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2014
  • Posts 7287
  • Reviews 122
  • Kudos27748
In post #668 above viking65, self appointed forum policeman, states that a post I made yesterday was trolling.

Here is a link to that post.

A screenshot:

If he read that post and thinks it was trolling then he doesn't know what trolling is.

According to the online Cambridge dictionary - Trolling:

the act of leaving an insulting message on the internet in order to annoy someone:

According to online dictionary Merriam-Webster - Trolling:

to antagonize (others) online by deliberately posting inflammatory, irrelevant, or offensive comments or other disruptive content

My post fits neither of these definitions, of course it doesn't.

My post is definitely critical and I can understand that he doesn't like the conclusion I came to having read the posts in the links I provided. I fail to see how any other conclusion is possible having read the linked posts.
Lydia has assured me/us that:

As a staff, I try my best to remain impartial in the argument between members. We guarantee that there are no double standards for members, and I am not taking sides in this controversy. Sometimes, diversities of cultures and language differences lead to mistranslation.

She obviously understood my concern and of course I believe her explanation.

Apparently viking65 thinks I shouldn't be told who maliciously reported that post, I don't value his opinion on this so I don't really care.

At the end of his post viking65 once again suggests that he thinks that I am fujiibear:

BYE FB 😉

On page 65 of this threadI have asked moderation to address this issue. Hopefully if they read this they may take some action.

Edited on 5/29/2022 at 10:27 AM (clarity)
#671 (permalink)      5/29/2022 10:58:51 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ericbnc
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 10814
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos11490
I am pretty sure I reported that post as troubling to my tender heart.

Please stop reposting the screen shot too, remember spam?
Up (censored by PRC) creek with a 8 inch long piece of fecal matter for a paddle