[AMA]I'm back - all bashing and criticisms welcome
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#371 (permalink)      1/18/2022 4:20:46 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
FTBuyer2013
Verified
  • JoinedJul 2019
  • Posts 39
  • Reviews 5
  • Kudos37
It`s a bit late now (for me at least) but the ability to change email address without needing to create a new account.

Losing all order history was a nuisance.
#372 (permalink)      1/18/2022 4:53:20 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
analogueman
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 2635
  • Reviews 5
  • Kudos2093
+1 details
FTBuyer2013 wrote:

It`s a bit late now (for me at least) but the ability to change email address without needing to create a new account.

Losing all order history was a nuisance.

If one contacts Customer Services, they can change your e-mail addy without the loss of order history. Did it myself last year!

Edited on 1/18/2022 at 4:53 AM. Reason:
It's twelve inches long, but don't use it as a rule...
#373 (permalink)      1/18/2022 5:01:09 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
steppy
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2014
  • Posts 1476
  • Reviews 21
  • Kudos1011
Welcome back

long time no see
#374 (permalink)      1/18/2022 6:40:40 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Stans_Dad
Verified
  • JoinedMar 2015
  • Posts 1366
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos6284
+1 details
Hi Geek!

I haven't been here for ages too......
If we're still alive in the morning, then we'll know we're not dead!
#375 (permalink)      1/25/2022 2:19:14 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
geek
Tech Staff
  • JoinedJun 2012
  • Posts 3422
  • Reviews 19
  • Kudos4434
+5 details
Thank you all for the warm welcome. To those also returning here, welcome back!

During my absence over the last week, we overhauled much of the order system to add a split shipping option:

Shipping became overly complicated for customers over the recent years. Items as simple as a disposable ecig require specialized carriers because of the internal batteries. These carriers are usually very expensive so when items are shipped together, everything in that order suddenly require extra shipping as well, making the "free shipping" experience a mess.

This new opt-in option, allows you to send special-handling products (such as batteries) separately from other items in your order. As your other items may now ship using a non-specialized shipper, shipping will be cheaper, faster, or both.

This will become available to you within the next few days. Rest assured that the existing way of ordering (ship orders in as few packages as possible) will continue to be available.

Thanks everyone. Comments and feedback is always welcome.

Edited on 1/25/2022 at 2:25 AM. Reason:
All questions and comments are welcome. We are here to help.
#376 (permalink)      1/25/2022 3:34:34 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
macranife
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2016
  • Posts 2153
  • Reviews 45
  • Kudos8338
+1 details
I have to say that over the years that I've shopped here
the shipping has got worse and worse, despite assurances it would improve
I don't purchase batteries, or mods etc with internal batteries
because I could still be waiting on that type of order arriving after months
My orders here are now few and far between because of that reason alone

I now regularly purchase from your competitors, because I receive the order in 6 to 10 days
most are shipped the day after my order is placed

All orders are tracked properly ie:- updated regularly until they arrive at my door
Standard shipping methods, no special/expedited shipping because as you pointed out shipping charges have risen because of the global situation we find ourselves in

I regularly receive orders from other retailers from the same part of the globe in 14 to 20 days
all fully tracked with updates

I have two orders from here that are "in limbo" ie:- no tracking update for 12 days on one of them
your competitors deliver orders quicker than the tracking updates supplied here
I realise that once it is shipped it's beyond FT's control
but again I would point out other retailers do not seem to suffer from the same delays and mishaps
that commonly occur here

Pricing is good, staff are helpful and accomodating, but shipping is a fiasco from my personal experience
#377 (permalink)      1/25/2022 7:39:46 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Richy7
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 6892
  • Reviews 155
  • Kudos10271
macranife wrote:

I now regularly purchase from your competitors, because I receive the order in 6 to 10 days

All orders are tracked properly ie:- updated regularly until they arrive at my door
Standard shipping methods, no special/expedited shipping because as you pointed out shipping charges have risen because of the global situation we find ourselves in

I regularly receive orders from other retailers from the same part of the globe in 14 to 20 days

I have two orders from here that are "in limbo" ie:- no tracking update for 12 days on one of them
but again I would point out other retailers do not seem to suffer from the same delays and mishaps
that commonly occur here

Pricing is good, staff are helpful and accomodating, but shipping is a fiasco from my personal experience

Annie took an interest in shipping and what competitors were doing a year or 2 ago, we tried to help by giving details of the shipping used and the costs involved, for some reason known only to Fasttech nothing changed !!

#378 (permalink)      1/25/2022 8:29:57 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Anniepan
Staff|M|
  • JoinedNov 2016
  • Posts 11344
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos5903
+2 details
Richy7 wrote:

macranife wrote:

that commonly occur here

Annie took an interest in shipping and what competitors were doing a year or 2 ago, we tried to help by giving details of the shipping used and the costs involved, for some reason known only to Fasttech nothing changed !!

Dear macranife and Richy7,

We worked on US shipping, and it has vastly improved, and we are working on UK shipping right now.

And Richy7, we have followed the shipping method you offered. We are getting in touch with new carriers and will add them to the site ASAP. I will provide update on this.

In the meantime, if you are aware of shipping methods/carriers that are doing well, please kindly let us know of the name or a sample tracking number, and we will work on adding it right away.

We appreciate you for sharing your input with us. Once again, thank you for your patience and understanding during the time.

Edited on 1/25/2022 at 11:24 PM. Reason: Edit
#379 (permalink)      1/26/2022 2:01:41 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
geek
Tech Staff
  • JoinedJun 2012
  • Posts 3422
  • Reviews 19
  • Kudos4434
+3 details
geek wrote:

This will become available to you within the next few days.

The new shipping option is now live. Please let us know if you encounter issues. Thanks!

Note: for orders $30 or less, shipping products separately may result in higher shipping fees due to shippers' high initial per-package charges. For larger orders, and orders with many restricted items, the new option will lower shipping costs and improve shipping times for you.

Edited on 1/26/2022 at 2:02 AM. Reason: clarify
All questions and comments are welcome. We are here to help.
#380 (permalink)      1/26/2022 3:02:58 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Richy7
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 6892
  • Reviews 155
  • Kudos10271
+2 details

In the meantime, if you are aware of shipping methods/carriers that are doing well, please kindly let us know of the name or a sample tracking number, and we will work on adding it right away.

4PX Is the one that stands out for me, I don't think the cost is good value on shipments under say $30 but it performs very well and consistently delivers in 10 days or so.

Edit: A $30 mod of an average weight generally costs about $6 to UK

Edited on 1/26/2022 at 5:15 AM. Reason:
#381 (permalink)      1/26/2022 5:06:59 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
macranife
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2016
  • Posts 2153
  • Reviews 45
  • Kudos8338
+2 details
Thanks for the quick response Annie/Geek

I agree with richy