shopping cart empty
No wonder there is spam
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#31 (permalink)      9/24/2018 10:08:23 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Caffeine
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 3692
  • Reviews 6
  • Kudos8694
+4 details
ivorbolakov wrote:

Caffeine wrote:Odd, I see 20 seconds here? I wonder if it is different depending on platform or device?

I am presented with "create an account in 15 seconds" desktop/firefox.

its both 15 and 20.

if i log out, login page says 15 seconds, hover mouse over (sign in / register) it says 20 seconds.

At any rate, twice a minute is WAY too fast. It should be e-mail verified with confirmation code at the least. Any time limits set for signups per IP perchance?

I know, this is a pre-rolled e-commerce solution, with generic forums as a tacked-on bit. Probably ancient phpBBb based code. If they were running XenForo this wouldn't happen. Just 2-3 people could Admin this whole site easily. Let CS staff be CS, eh?

I know that the old admins are gone, I miss Geek and Sulfie, but some human has to be maintaining the server now. Surely someone at FT is web-savvy enough to Admin a damn forum? The Chinese have been taught English in middle school for many years now, there is no excuse.

Trust me, I could Admin and many people here would not like it if I did. I don't have much mercy. I'd ban entire subnets. I also agree that only paying customers should have the right to even see the forums signup link. Just a checkbox on a decent forums script's permissions. ;-)

Being a member of the forums is a PRIVILEGE, not a right. Ya can order shit or submit tickets and not ever post here at all, most folks do.

I ordered lots of stuff here from mid-2012 on without ever signing into forums. I only joined to hang with peeps after I left ECF.

Edited on 9/24/2018 at 10:19 PM. Reason:
#32 (permalink)      9/24/2018 10:14:25 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Caffeine
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 3692
  • Reviews 6
  • Kudos8694
Cohnistan wrote:

A new week, a new post complaining about the forums.

Because it's broken. Perhaps you prefer it that way eh? :)

#33 (permalink)      9/24/2018 10:37:48 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Vostock
  • JoinedJul 2014
  • Posts 15270
  • Reviews 361
  • Kudos18149
+4 details
avoid 'off topic' are the shitposters invading other areas?
...if it stays 'off topic' it shouldn't effect people in say 'vapers' or 'electronics' whatever but if it is spreading to other areas then it's a problem.
I mean I like a squabble as much as the next guy but I try to keep it out of 'serious threads' guess what we're talking is respect for others who want a serious conversation on a subject and 'off topic' which should be the 'playpen'
#34 (permalink)      9/24/2018 11:50:34 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Caffeine
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 3692
  • Reviews 6
  • Kudos8694
+2 details
@Dave_Kat

Still got one of my old KF/Orchid mashups running...on a classic brass mod. ;-)

#35 (permalink)      9/24/2018 11:57:04 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Caffeine
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 3692
  • Reviews 6
  • Kudos8694
+4 details
Vostock wrote:

avoid 'off topic' are the shitposters invading other areas?
...if it stays 'off topic' it shouldn't effect people in say 'vapers' or 'electronics' whatever but if it is spreading to other areas then it's a problem.
I mean I like a squabble as much as the next guy but I try to keep it out of 'serious threads' guess what we're talking is respect for others who want a serious conversation on a subject and 'off topic' which should be the 'playpen'

I mostly agree with you. However, you know they are invading others areas folloing their 'targets'. Seemingly with a sole goal of disruption and fuckery.

Shitposters and trolls can fuck the hell off...they do not belong here.

If this is some sort of troll farm training or partisan politic BS, fuck that. I belong to no religion, country, or political association. I hate them all equally.

{rant}
I don't care about what persecution YOUR country/religion/etc. has. I don't live there. Deal with your own shit. I can do nothing about it nor do I care. Hell, I have lived for the last 50+ yrs in a country that made me apply for the draft at 18, but ain't a citizen of. I can't vote in the US, but yet I was denied being in their military...for bad eyesight. My country of birth has never known me since I was a toddler, so that is not awesome either.

So, screw 'em all. It's the 21st Century and NO country is Great anymore.
{/rant}

But, look at V U. You're allowed much there, but break that and yer confined in the 'pit' area with other arseholes. Smart.

OT should be for convos not belonging in these groups:

Forums
Stickies
Promotions
Services
Shipping
Feedback
Rebate Points / Affiliate

Interest Groups
Computers
Electronics
Flashlights
Lasers
Phones
Tablets
Remote Control Toys
Vapers
Knives

NOT, for political, religious, and ethnic agendas or interpersonal trolling.
If I post a thread in OT for lovers of cats, that does NOT mean it's open for warfare, eh?

If FT/CCS wantonly leaves this global forum open to all with no moderation, then I say it should come down. Period. I've deleted entire sites for far less.

Perhaps I should create a forums for just FT user trolling?
Oh wait, someone already did that...silly ProBoards suck eh?

Trolls and bullies should have no place on the civilized Internet, just as they do not IRL. Terribly sorry.

Get thee hence to a /chan if ya dig that. But, even the 'chans and anarchist hacker groups have rules.

Try Gopherspace, eh? LOL...

Edited on 9/25/2018 at 1:13 AM. Reason:
#36 (permalink)      9/25/2018 1:18:04 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Dave_Kat
  • JoinedDec 2013
  • Posts 2365
  • Reviews 114
  • Kudos1909
+3 details
Punk azz 40yo looser's living in their parents basements that toss out 'chum' for the suckers that take and are weak at the game then biiiiiatch.

Don't take the 'chum' ignore these chumps and they will drift off. Seen it before. Just ignore them throwing up on themselves. They only hang to fuck with you if you let them.

LMFAO

-Late,
#37 (permalink)      9/25/2018 7:14:24 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Caffeine
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 3692
  • Reviews 6
  • Kudos8694
+1 details
Hmm, they're being sued by Oakley, so maybe they'll just do the cleanup for me. ;-)

https://dockets.justia.com/docket/florida/flsdce/1:2018cv23678/534760

Meh...
#38 (permalink)      9/25/2018 12:02:17 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
vape8ion
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 9381
  • Reviews 45
  • Kudos14808

on the civilized Internet

If only.

sued by Oakley

Oakley is owned by Luxottica but is bringing suit as Oakley Inc. Hmmm. CC will just pull the offensive products, ney? I am sure that Cloud Commerce has, and has had, many of these suits brought against them. I cannot see how this suit will have any influence on Forum activities.

I'm out.....have some fun. Eh?
#39 (permalink)      9/25/2018 1:16:44 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
djvillan
  • JoinedAug 2015
  • Posts 15944
  • Reviews 866
  • Kudos17881
+1 details
All this thread has done is given people ideas on how to exploit this forums weaknesses and one has already been used since this thread was started. Congrats Caffeine.
naega jeil jal naga.
#40 (permalink)      9/25/2018 2:00:34 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
gotthedrips
  • JoinedJun 2015
  • Posts 3566
  • Reviews 33
  • Kudos7757
+2 details
Ahhhhh go lay down somewhere DjRat...
There are 3 types of people in this world, those who can count and those who cant!
#41 (permalink)      9/25/2018 3:10:48 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
djvillan
  • JoinedAug 2015
  • Posts 15944
  • Reviews 866
  • Kudos17881
+1 details
gotthedrips wrote:

Ahhhhh go lay down somewhere DjRat...

Seems like I hit a nerve or maybe I've blown your cover.

naega jeil jal naga.