shopping cart empty
No wonder there is spam
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#21 (permalink)      9/24/2018 8:50:21 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
New2vape
  • JoinedFeb 2014
  • Posts 592
  • Reviews 28
  • Kudos792
+5 details
The modern civility allows people to be ignorant, rude and self absorbed. At my age the "forum" is still relatively new, but I am astonished at some of the posts I've seen.
Glad there are so many helpful people around as well...
You can lead a horse to water, but cannot make him take a bath
#22 (permalink)      9/24/2018 9:14:26 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Cohnistan
  • JoinedJul 2014
  • Posts 1808
  • Reviews 193
  • Kudos2581
+5 details
A new week, a new post complaining about the forums.

With Luther's fedora and Nym's cigarette...
#23 (permalink)      9/24/2018 9:39:08 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Andy.lion
  • JoinedMay 2015
  • Posts 9713
  • Reviews 25
  • Kudos26710
+7 details
kun6fukun7 wrote:

Andy.lion wrote:
Anyway, we can all bitch and moan, some can abuse the system with ease, but nothing is going to change, short of FT pulling the plug and starting again with a whole new site and infrastructure. Maybe that would be the best option.

one account tied to PayPal/Credit card, no alts

Irony, that you are responding to a new alt of an account, the very complaint you are making in your response. 😀

And Kudo'd by a 3 time banned user.

Hell if I were Fasttech Id ban every last one of us here in these repetitive complaint threads about FT's CS

And with the usual complete lack of irony shelagh complains about people complaining about alts and spam.

Absurd.

What's the worst that could happen...?
#24 (permalink)      9/24/2018 9:43:40 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
kun6fukun7
  • JoinedJun 2018
  • Posts 3897
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos3407
Andy.lion wrote:

[ of irony shelagh complains about people complaining about alts and spam.

Stop Lying!

I did not complain of alts or spam.

I LOL'd at your complaint of alt accounts as you favourably replied to a new alts first post, about alts and then you were kudo'd by a 3 time banned member who has also just Kudo'd your last post. :D

Edited on 9/24/2018 at 9:45 AM. Reason: typo
Super Mega Kunt with Kung-Fu Grip
#25 (permalink)      9/24/2018 10:12:55 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
vape8ion
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 9381
  • Reviews 45
  • Kudos14808
+8 details
Look, everyone knows there is a problem....this is a thread astutely pointing it out. Perhaps we could avoid bickering amongst ourselves and pointing fingers at each other in yet another thread? How would that be?
I'm out.....have some fun. Eh?
#26 (permalink)      9/24/2018 10:24:00 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Moosgummi
  • JoinedMay 2014
  • Posts 15008
  • Reviews 184
  • Kudos49341
+8 details
vape8ion wrote:

Look, everyone knows there is a problem....this is a thread astutely pointing it out. Perhaps we could avoid bickering amongst ourselves and pointing fingers at each other in yet another thread? How would that be?

Exactly!

...and those who want to show who is causing the problems here - please continue quarreling, so you can be identified...

“You see, science has overcome time and space. Well, Harvey has overcome not only time and space, but any objections.” Elwood P. Dowd
#27 (permalink)      9/24/2018 10:40:36 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
kun6fukun7
  • JoinedJun 2018
  • Posts 3897
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos3407

..and those who want to show who is causing the problems here - please continue quarreling, so you can be identified...

Agreed.
Now move on..

Edited on 9/24/2018 at 10:46 AM. Reason: point done
Super Mega Kunt with Kung-Fu Grip
#28 (permalink)      9/24/2018 11:00:37 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
XDM45ACP
  • JoinedDec 2014
  • Posts 1701
  • Reviews 37
  • Kudos1618
kun6fukun7 wrote:

..and those who want to show who is causing the problems here - please continue quarreling, so you can be identified...Agreed.Now move on..

I, concur.

“I don’t think there’s a black gun culture or white gun culture, I think there’s an informed gun culture and an "misinformed gun culture.”
#29 (permalink)      9/24/2018 7:13:57 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
RussG
  • JoinedMay 2015
  • Posts 2510
  • Reviews 95
  • Kudos2716
+4 details
Caffeine wrote:

Caffeine wrote:Odd, I see 20 seconds here? I wonder if it is different depending on platform or device?

I am presented with "create an account in 15 seconds" desktop/firefox.

Bottom line: Is all too easy create a new account that gives any obnoxious c*** license to post anything, anywhere.

Off topic should be for verified customers only.

#30 (permalink)      9/24/2018 8:42:48 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ivorbolakov
  • JoinedOct 2016
  • Posts 102
  • Reviews 20
  • Kudos68
+1 details

Caffeine wrote:Odd, I see 20 seconds here? I wonder if it is different depending on platform or device?

its both 15 and 20.

if i log out, login page says 15 seconds, hover mouse over (sign in / register) it says 20 seconds.

#31 (permalink)      9/24/2018 10:08:23 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Caffeine
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 3692
  • Reviews 6
  • Kudos8694
+4 details
ivorbolakov wrote:

its both 15 and 20.

if i log out, login page says 15 seconds, hover mouse over (sign in / register) it says 20 seconds.

At any rate, twice a minute is WAY too fast. It should be e-mail verified with confirmation code at the least. Any time limits set for signups per IP perchance?

I know, this is a pre-rolled e-commerce solution, with generic forums as a tacked-on bit. Probably ancient phpBBb based code. If they were running XenForo this wouldn't happen. Just 2-3 people could Admin this whole site easily. Let CS staff be CS, eh?

I know that the old admins are gone, I miss Geek and Sulfie, but some human has to be maintaining the server now. Surely someone at FT is web-savvy enough to Admin a damn forum? The Chinese have been taught English in middle school for many years now, there is no excuse.

Trust me, I could Admin and many people here would not like it if I did. I don't have much mercy. I'd ban entire subnets. I also agree that only paying customers should have the right to even see the forums signup link. Just a checkbox on a decent forums script's permissions. ;-)

Being a member of the forums is a PRIVILEGE, not a right. Ya can order shit or submit tickets and not ever post here at all, most folks do.

I ordered lots of stuff here from mid-2012 on without ever signing into forums. I only joined to hang with peeps after I left ECF.

Edited on 9/24/2018 at 10:19 PM. Reason: