shopping cart empty
No wonder there is spam
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      9/24/2018 5:44:32 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
MotoBlue
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 4262
  • Reviews 29
  • Kudos3994
+8 details
FT appear to be having a Duvet Day today. Obviously tired out from ignoring all the spam and crap.

Over a thousand squonk products available at Fasttech
#12 (permalink)      9/24/2018 5:58:46 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Moosgummi
  • JoinedMay 2014
  • Posts 15077
  • Reviews 184
  • Kudos49639
+10 details
Before I placed my first order here, I checked out the forum to help me choose the right setup for me. Lots of information, helpful members and some whacky dudes. A little fightin‘, but cool. Got my first order in (a Nemesis of course) and all was well and kilobux
worth of stuff was ordered over the course of the following years.

Today? One look into the forum on a bad day, would have sent me running to the competitors. I mean, would I trust a company with my vape budget that cannot even defend themselves from coprophilic spam trolls?
“You see, science has overcome time and space. Well, Harvey has overcome not only time and space, but any objections.” Elwood P. Dowd
#13 (permalink)      9/24/2018 7:01:44 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Caffeine
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 3712
  • Reviews 6
  • Kudos8739
RussG wrote:

Caffeine wrote:

You advertise "create an account in 30 seconds"

Hate to be picky, I'm with you on the remove the shit posters debate.Is actually "create an account in 15 seconds".

FT's financial transactions/verification are provided by a third party so cannot be linked to a user name.

Shit posters never buy anything,latest alt. Post a review of something you have purchased and you will see "Verified Owner". Wanna post off topic, buy something. FT should be able to sort that one.

@anniepan: Customers are jumping ship due to all the shitposing,this is your business but you do nothing.

Ah, I was wrong it seems. Ooopsie. :)

Odd, I see 20 seconds here? I wonder if it is different depending on platform or device?

Edited on 9/24/2018 at 7:26 AM. Reason:
#14 (permalink)      9/24/2018 7:15:07 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Caffeine
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 3712
  • Reviews 6
  • Kudos8739
+6 details
Dave_Kat wrote:

+1 Caffeine

We were pretty bad at one time 2014 or so. Forum has gotten pretty boring, vulgar, petty, hacked, with little real vape content. Not sure what is up with spammer but have seen some a few weeks ago. Pages.

I rarely frequent the past few years. It was daily at one time though. It was always kind of 'Wild Wild West' of the vape forums. NO ECF BS allowed. We called em out and ran the fucks back. It was 'un-regulated/un-moderated when I first joined and started chirping in. NO MODS - We self regulated and it worked....until some azz hats showed and fucked it all up for us all.

Allot of fun, new and innovative daily product drops, all the top product was getting knocked off for fractions of originals. Also, new product reviews and mods, better batteries. We had discussion and fights and some real fuckin' characters.

I think most of the this chit has topped out, how many more watts, cell phone type features you need ? Tanks meh topped out. I do still buy from FT. Few problems and I have bought double my reviews. I always was taken care of by CS. Less is more.

Still carry my modded KFL's and LPG's, Taifuns once in awhile. Few 70 watt boxes for house, car. Duel coil I top up the Goblin Mini, Origin, Silverplay, or the 'Kracken'. Glad I grabbed a allot of very cool stuff when available. Tough to find now.

Late,

Stans_Dad wrote:

Please sort this out FastTech.
This place used to be fun but now it’s just nasty and I no longer want to shop or post here because of this.

I remember you guys and how things were back in 2013-14 when FT hit it's "peak" IMO. xD
I still have all my dozens of mods, RDA/RTA and Genny's from then too.

Good times being free from overpriced gear and a fun atmosphere unlike the tight grip of ECF or the harsh one of VF. It was a generally a fun place to hang out and shop at.

Dave_Kat nailed it. Sure, there were some assholes and a lot of things going on, but it was not chaos to the point where you were afraid to even post for fear of retribution or reprisal.

That isn't fun, or is it good business. No forums can survive it.

Perhaps that is the point here, that someone or some group wants FT to fail, to have all of the good spoiled for the few bad apples? A banned member or members who want revenge?

I was gone for near a year and missed a lot, so IDK.

Edited on 9/24/2018 at 7:16 AM. Reason:
#15 (permalink)      9/24/2018 7:16:28 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
kun6fukun7
  • JoinedJun 2018
  • Posts 3897
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos3407
Just checked on one computer using another browser:

Other two the same:

A banned member or members who want revenge?

more speculation - everyone starts repeating the same "gossip" over and over until it becomes "fact"

Edited on 9/24/2018 at 7:21 AM. Reason:
Super Mega Kunt with Kung-Fu Grip
#16 (permalink)      9/24/2018 7:24:54 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Caffeine
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 3712
  • Reviews 6
  • Kudos8739
+5 details
Dave_Kat wrote:

meow

Hey Dave, I still have MY kitty too. Going on 6 years now.

We're getting old. ;)

#17 (permalink)      9/24/2018 8:19:42 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
notbannedyet
  • JoinedSep 2018
  • Posts 1
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos5
+5 details
Caffeine wrote:

Does CCS even have Admin staff on-site/remote or is it just the poor FT CS peeps trying to deal with shit they have no actual Administrative control over on a managed server?

CCS and FT are the same thing, created by geek and roadster back in 2012. Not sure when sufie got involved. Anyway, when they all left, all of the IT support went with them, because it *was* them. The current custodians of FT/CCS have been left with a system which they simply have minimal understanding of, and don't even have access to change static content (note the the FAQs haven't been changed since the original creators left).

The forums were useful back in the flashlight days. Geek would go and measure a tailcap current, or take something apart to get the required information. Current support staff are just sales staff, they know nothing about the products, and short of asking the manufacturer no way of getting any useful info.

FT would have shut the forums down ages ago if they could, but they simply don't know how to. Likewise mods could have been appointed, but they can't, at least not without making them 'staff' which gives access to customer information.

The ticket system is woefully under-utilised, mainly because it's not that intuitive to use, and poorly promoted. If the forums vanished overnight (they won't) the ticket system would be sufficient to support the business.

Anyway, we can all bitch and moan, some can abuse the system with ease, but nothing is going to change, short of FT pulling the plug and starting again with a whole new site and infrastructure. Maybe that would be the best option.

#18 (permalink)      9/24/2018 8:21:42 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
lazyfitter
  • JoinedFeb 2016
  • Posts 3245
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos6116
+10 details
kun6fukun7 wrote:

Just checked on one computer using another browser:Other two the same:A banned member or members who want revenge? more speculation - everyone starts repeating the same "gossip" over and over until it becomes "fact"

So it's only gossip that YOU got banned for being precisely the kind of asshole being described in this thread and opened an alt account to come back expecting to be taken seriously?? 😆

#19 (permalink)      9/24/2018 8:28:54 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Andy.lion
  • JoinedMay 2015
  • Posts 9797
  • Reviews 25
  • Kudos26967
+4 details

Anyway, we can all bitch and moan, some can abuse the system with ease, but nothing is going to change, short of FT pulling the plug and starting again with a whole new site and infrastructure. Maybe that would be the best option.

Yup, I’m in. Tear it all down and start again. Limit posting to a few product question threads until purchases are made, one account tied to PayPal/Credit card, no alts and a ban’s a ban not an inconvenience.

The forum is dead, long live the forum.

What's the worst that could happen...?
#20 (permalink)      9/24/2018 8:43:14 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
kun6fukun7
  • JoinedJun 2018
  • Posts 3897
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos3407
Post deleted by mod (Anniepan) on grounds of: Spam
Super Mega Kunt with Kung-Fu Grip
#21 (permalink)      9/24/2018 8:50:21 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
New2vape
  • JoinedFeb 2014
  • Posts 710
  • Reviews 31
  • Kudos984
+5 details
The modern civility allows people to be ignorant, rude and self absorbed. At my age the "forum" is still relatively new, but I am astonished at some of the posts I've seen.
Glad there are so many helpful people around as well...
Man some of you are crazy motherfkers