shopping cart empty
No wonder there is spam
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      9/23/2018 1:07:59 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Caffeine
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 3712
  • Reviews 6
  • Kudos8739
$1.50 rebate earned+15 details
No wonder there is spam
You advertise "create an account in 30 seconds", plus your log-in CAPTCHA is broken and easily bypassed by just paging back until it allows ya.

Banned a single user or IP is futile, they will just make more.

Does CCS even have Admin staff on-site/remote or is it just the poor FT CS peeps trying to deal with shit they have no actual Administrative control over on a managed server?

Also, stuff like this and far worse exists:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xrumer

Now, I'm not the one doing these nasty spammy things, I just post a lot occasionally. But, anyone with half of a geeky cell in their brain could. From anywhere on earth.

Get it together CCS.
Or, I'll email screens of the mayhem to DigiCert/Cloudflare/Softlayer showing how you broke their TOS.

This post has been screen-captured BTW, it won't go away. ;-)

Edited on 9/23/2018 at 1:29 AM. Reason:
#2 (permalink)      9/23/2018 10:08:37 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
paul666
  • JoinedApr 2015
  • Posts 146
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos104
+1 details
Is the person doing it new or have they been a member for a long time - I.E. Are they a Fasttech customer?

Or does no one know?

Edited on 9/23/2018 at 10:12 AM. Reason: Or
#3 (permalink)      9/23/2018 11:31:38 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
kun6fukun7
  • JoinedJun 2018
  • Posts 3897
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos3407
paul666 wrote:

Or does no one know?

No one knows but everyone is speculating on who it might be depending on who they dont like. :D

Does appear to be 1-2 people to me but others believe its only 1.
No one really knows..

Super Mega Kunt with Kung-Fu Grip
#4 (permalink)      9/23/2018 12:02:40 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
FapiFapo
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 7765
  • Reviews 133
  • Kudos11831
+6 details
Caffeine wrote:

Get it together CCS.
Or, I'll email screens of the mayhem to DigiCert/Cloudflare/Softlayer showing how you broke their TOS.

That.Do it dude.

Bye Bye FastTech !! It's been an epic ride,but i'm done with this badly managed forum (and shop)
#5 (permalink)      9/23/2018 5:30:12 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Caffeine
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 3712
  • Reviews 6
  • Kudos8739
+7 details
FapiFapo wrote:

Caffeine wrote:

Get it together CCS.

That.Do it dude.

We'll see...need a bit more research and preparation first. If do I get involved IRL, it has to be on a professional level as a webmaster and hoster of nearly 20 years.
It's not a small thing to report AUP/TOS issues on a corporate level - I'd really hate to see FT lose it's SSL cert or hosting. That is rather unlikely to happen though, IMO.

But, something has to be done here on the forums. Bickering and petty fights in /OT are one thing, but the clearly illegal and offensive stuff of late is just too much.

FT staff are mainly just CS and clearly aren't able to fight this crap without help from their CCS Admins...pun intended. I know it's all about hiding problems and not losing face over there, but c'mon. It's been months of this now.

Thx BTW Fapi... ;-)

Edited on 9/23/2018 at 5:32 PM. Reason:
#6 (permalink)      9/23/2018 7:02:14 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
vape8ion
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 9698
  • Reviews 45
  • Kudos15329
+8 details

Bickering and petty fights in /OT are one thing, but the clearly illegal and offensive stuff of late is just too much.

Plus 1 here Caffeine.

I'm out.....have some fun. Eh?
#7 (permalink)      9/23/2018 8:53:17 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
RussG
  • JoinedMay 2015
  • Posts 2721
  • Reviews 95
  • Kudos3031
+7 details
Caffeine wrote:

You advertise "create an account in 30 seconds"

Hate to be picky, I'm with you on the remove the shit posters debate.Is actually "create an account in 15 seconds".

FT's financial transactions/verification are provided by a third party so cannot be linked to a user name.

Shit posters never buy anything,latest alt. Post a review of something you have purchased and you will see "Verified Owner". Wanna post off topic, buy something. FT should be able to sort that one.

@anniepan: Customers are jumping ship due to all the shitposing,this is your business but you do nothing.

#8 (permalink)      9/23/2018 11:29:28 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Dave_Kat
  • JoinedDec 2013
  • Posts 2374
  • Reviews 114
  • Kudos1933
+8 details
+1 Caffeine

We were pretty bad at one time 2014 or so. Forum has gotten pretty boring, vulgar, petty, hacked, with little real vape content. Not sure what is up with spammer but have seen some a few weeks ago. Pages.

I rarely frequent the past few years. It was daily at one time though. It was always kind of 'Wild Wild West' of the vape forums. NO ECF BS allowed. We called em out and ran the fucks back. It was 'un-regulated/un-moderated when I first joined and started chirping in. NO MODS - We self regulated and it worked....until some azz hats showed and fucked it all up for us all.

Allot of fun, new and innovative daily product drops, all the top product was getting knocked off for fractions of originals. Also, new product reviews and mods, better batteries. We had discussion and fights and some real fuckin' characters.

I think most of the this chit has topped out, how many more watts, cell phone type features you need ? Tanks meh topped out. I do still buy from FT. Few problems and I have bought double my reviews. I always was taken care of by CS. Less is more.

Still carry my modded KFL's and LPG's, Taifuns once in awhile. Few 70 watt boxes for house, car. Duel coil I top up the Goblin Mini, Origin, Silverplay, or the 'Kracken'. Glad I grabbed a allot of very cool stuff when available. Tough to find now.

Late,

Edited on 9/23/2018 at 11:50 PM. Reason:
#9 (permalink)      9/24/2018 1:02:38 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
SOLOMONgrundy
  • JoinedJun 2016
  • Posts 458
  • Reviews 55
  • Kudos191
+2 details
I only recently started buying from fasttech and posting but I've been reading it for years and it has changed soooooo much from the "old days" lol it was crazy fasttech had 4 or 5 people that posted on everything and they knew everything about anything on fasttech and you'd respect what they had to say now it's mostly lame fail trolls that try way to hard to be edgy and if I wanted that I'd go to Facebook or Twitter i come here to learn and talk about vaping.if fasttech wanted to all they would have to do is to what Facebook, mewe, Twitter and Instagram does which is make it to where you can make multiple accounts.I believe it's through the umi not the ip address.I know lots of people that are blocked from Facebook, shit I'm blocked I can't make any accounts from 4 tablets and 2 phones I have to buy cheap Amazon fire tabs for 25 30$.I can't go to a new wifi link up and make any new accounts either so it can be done.
#10 (permalink)      9/24/2018 3:21:18 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Stans_Dad
  • JoinedMar 2015
  • Posts 1222
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos5767
+6 details
Please sort this out FastTech.
This place used to be fun but now it’s just nasty and I no longer want to shop or post here because of this.
If we're still alive in the morning, then we'll know we're not dead!
#11 (permalink)      9/24/2018 5:44:32 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
MotoBlue
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 4262
  • Reviews 29
  • Kudos3994
+8 details
FT appear to be having a Duvet Day today. Obviously tired out from ignoring all the spam and crap.

Over a thousand squonk products available at Fasttech