shopping cart empty
beware! paypal reams us on exchange rate
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#31 (permalink)      5/4/2016 12:01:46 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
vincom
  • JoinedNov 2014
  • Posts 30
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos6
+2 details
my mistake was using ft's conversion prices, i thought the order would go through as canadian $ as thats what i choose when viewing products.
i assumed wrong, even though i choose canadian it goes through as american at checkout
#32 (permalink)      4/14/2017 6:53:57 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
WardyGTC
  • JoinedFeb 2017
  • Posts 1
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos1
+1 details
I don't think PayPal are that bad on their exchange rate, and I'm no fan of PayPal. I think Fasttech's exchange rates are wrong with a strong bias to make goods look cheaper.

I was about to order a mod that FT said was £30, the PP transaction came out at over £35. I checked the exchange rate with Google and it converted a few pence cheaper than the PP figure.
#33 (permalink)      12/4/2018 1:59:42 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
nutchunder
  • JoinedDec 2018
  • Posts 4
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos4
WardyGTC wrote:

I don't think PayPal are that bad on their exchange rate, and I'm no fan of PayPal. I think Fasttech's exchange rates are wrong with a strong bias to make goods look cheaper.

I was about to order a mod that FT said was £30, the PP transaction came out at over £35. I checked the exchange rate with Google and it converted a few pence cheaper than the PP figure.

I had the same thing, was trying to max out an old gift card, and the conversion rates FT shows are cheaper than real time conversion rates google provides. Had to modify my order because I was calculating off of FT site conversions.

Oh well, It's not the end of the world, just go through checkout to get your total cost, then paste it into googles currency converter if you aren't sure and only have a few bucks of wiggle room.

#34 (permalink)      12/9/2018 12:33:15 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Aitch
  • JoinedDec 2014
  • Posts 339
  • Reviews 61
  • Kudos122
Nah, not paypal. I've been purchasing in USD on other sites too and the conversion is 100% accurate!
FT's displayed conversions are off by a few dollars/pounds. Not a huge problem.
" What you preach is trash, and I don't BUY-BULL verses " !!!!!
#35 (permalink)      12/23/2018 7:03:39 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
BlackOpal
  • JoinedFeb 2017
  • Posts 41
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos15
Watercool wrote:

You can change that in the pp settings but really hidden

It's not hidden it is right there everytime you pay, part of your payment methods choices. You can also put money in a US$ account and pay no exchange fees.

#36 (permalink)      12/23/2018 7:04:16 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
BlackOpal
  • JoinedFeb 2017
  • Posts 41
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos15
Post deleted by mod (Anniepan) on grounds of: Attack