shopping cart empty
question from a neubie
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      6/5/2019 1:55:19 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
playmo
  • JoinedOct 2018
  • Posts 1
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos0
question from a neubie
hi guys, I'm absolutely new here and I have some questions before place my first order
I'm interested in this mini pc https://www.fasttech.com/product/9672090
I have this doubt and I hope you can help me
- Is there an i7 processor installed or do I have to buy it separately?
- what does it mean with scalable 32GB ram memory? are 32Gb of memory included or does this mean that this pc supports up to 32gb that must be bought separately?
I want to thank you in advance
Kind regards

Lorenzo
#2 (permalink)      6/5/2019 3:02:07 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
essellar
  • JoinedSep 2016
  • Posts 1777
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos1505
+1 details
The processor (i7 8550U) is a soldered-on mobile processor; it has to come pre-installed on the motherboard, since end users won't be able to install it.

This is a barebones computer, so the memory and SSD (or HDD) need to be purchased separately. 32GB is the maximum the board supports. If it's any consolation, this model sells direct from HYSTOU for $438.60 (and you can throw in an extra $375.94 for 32GB of RAM if you want that installed). Do note that the P05B-i7-8550U model uses DDR4 SO-DIMMs rather than the DDR3 SO-DIMMs in the picture. (The i7-7xxx versions of this machine use DDR3L. They're in the same case with a similar-looking motherboard, and are advertised with the same brochure.)
#3 (permalink)      6/5/2019 5:45:06 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
pewpew
  • JoinedApr 2015
  • Posts 1306
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos504
Dual GigabitEthernet look completely bogus. Just my 2 ciscos.
Panasonic or Samsung - that is the question: Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer.
#4 (permalink)      6/5/2019 6:28:49 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
essellar
  • JoinedSep 2016
  • Posts 1777
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos1505
There's clearly only 1 LAN port, but they do have models with 2 ports. Blame it on bad copypasta on one picture (just like the DDR3L in another picture); it says 1 gigabit port everywhere else in the description. It is a legit machine, and there are reviews out there among the mini-PC crowd. But dealing with chinglish documentation is always a bit of a combination of literarary criticism and interpretive dance.