shopping cart empty
Vlc media player....
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#31 (permalink)      11/9/2017 10:02:49 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Caffeine
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 3712
  • Reviews 6
  • Kudos8740
I like VLC on *nix, but use Pot Player on Windows. I can easily play an entire folder, selected files, anything I want.

(click for larger)

Just works. :)

*I also use MPC-HC as a nice backup.

Edited on 11/9/2017 at 10:07 PM. Reason:
#32 (permalink)      11/9/2017 10:11:50 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Skeeeets
  • JoinedFeb 2014
  • Posts 9675
  • Reviews 248
  • Kudos6364
The main reason i was using vlc for pc was because it supported rotating a video in any direction, easily and without any addon or hidden menu bullshit.

The mobile version has 1/3 of the settings the pc has but it plays all files and in order with no extra shit, it dont have the settings to rotate but you can just rotate your phone/tablet instead anyways.
In a drop top Chevy with the roof wide open, my partners looking at me to see if my eyes open cause I've been drankin and I've Been smokin'
#33 (permalink)      11/9/2017 10:20:44 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Caffeine
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 3712
  • Reviews 6
  • Kudos8740
Those ain't hidden menus, it's how the program works. Just like VLC. :)

I don't believe I ever seen videos that need rotating on a PC, and I have Terabytes of them. You must live on Android. ;-)

I don't use a tablet, just two desktops, two laptops and a mobile phone..that I don't watch vids on.

My Moto-X does auto-rotate playback though...and has the option to auto-rotate while recording stuff or stay in portrait mode.

IDK... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited on 11/9/2017 at 10:35 PM. Reason:
#34 (permalink)      11/9/2017 10:34:32 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Skeeeets
  • JoinedFeb 2014
  • Posts 9675
  • Reviews 248
  • Kudos6364
Caffeine wrote:

i don't believe I ever seen videos that need rotating on a PC, and I have Terabytes of them.

If you haven't seen the threads before, i have a "spy cam" and depending where's its placed its in wierd sngles so, id like to beable to rotate the video when i review it.

Otherwise id honestly just use Windows media player on the pc lol.

In a drop top Chevy with the roof wide open, my partners looking at me to see if my eyes open cause I've been drankin and I've Been smokin'
#35 (permalink)      11/9/2017 10:40:06 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Caffeine
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 3712
  • Reviews 6
  • Kudos8740
Skeeeets wrote:

Caffeine wrote:

i don't believe I ever seen videos that need rotating on a PC, and I have Terabytes of them.

If you haven't seen the threads before, i have a "spy cam" and depending where's its placed its in wierd sngles so, id like to beable to rotate the video when i review it.

Otherwise id honestly just use Windows media player on the pc lol.

Ahhh, ok that makes more sense.

Yeah, on PC I can easily rotate a video for playback via the embedded info. Or not.

If I want, I'd also just use AviDemux to re-encode the vid into correct rotation...and smaller. I recently took a 238MB H.264 480p .MOV video I took from my Canon G10 and reencoded it to a 23MB H.265 HEVC MKV...

Edited on 11/9/2017 at 10:45 PM. Reason:
#36 (permalink)      11/9/2017 10:53:25 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Skeeeets
  • JoinedFeb 2014
  • Posts 9675
  • Reviews 248
  • Kudos6364
+1 details
Thats just extra work ;) the whole reason of the thread was to try and avoid all the small/extra crap.

Lol

I have a program on one of my flash drives, similar to AviDemux, but i cant remember the name or be assed to look for it atm lol.

I have 2 music or sound making/editing/recording programs, 2 video players, and 1 (used to be 2, idk wtf happened to my photoshop) image editing program on 2 flash drives.
#37 (permalink)      11/9/2017 10:58:19 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
sushi6
  • JoinedNov 2013
  • Posts 2917
  • Reviews 27
  • Kudos2257
Skeeeets wrote:

Thats just extra work ;) the whole reason of the thread was to try and avoid all the small/extra crap.

Mac user :D, yes that was as an OS insult.

Caffeine wrote:

I like VLC on *nix

nooooooooooo

IF you watch more video than you should, switch to smplayer. After a few adjustments you'd never use anything else for watching video. That is if you take the time to configure it to your liking.

#38 (permalink)      11/9/2017 11:01:19 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Caffeine
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 3712
  • Reviews 6
  • Kudos8740
sushi6 wrote:

Caffeine wrote:

I like VLC on *nix

nooooooooooo

IF you watch more video than you should, switch to smplayer. After a few adjustments you'd never use anything else for watching video. That is if you take the time to configure it to your liking.

Well, it's been awhile...I had set Mum up with a Mint box after tiring of 2-3x a week 'haallllp' calls.

I'm pretty much a Windows guy though for desktops. While smplayer looks nice, I guess I'm just used to Kmplayer / Pot Player. Know it by heart and it likes my EVGA 770GTX 2GB for DXVA MKV playback.

Might try smplayer at some point. =X

Edited on 11/9/2017 at 11:06 PM. Reason:
#39 (permalink)      11/9/2017 11:06:27 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
sushi6
  • JoinedNov 2013
  • Posts 2917
  • Reviews 27
  • Kudos2257
Caffeine wrote:

I had set Mum up with a Mint box after tiring of 2-3x a week 'haallllp' calls.

I couldn't put mint on a box for someone. I still get an occasional call from my sister who uses a Mac. You know those full size web pages telling you to install flash or your system has been locked, call X number. She thinks something is wrong with her computer and it's not a web page.

#40 (permalink)      11/9/2017 11:08:42 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Caffeine
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 3712
  • Reviews 6
  • Kudos8740
+1 details
sushi6 wrote:

Caffeine wrote:

I had set Mum up with a Mint box after tiring of 2-3x a week 'haallllp' calls.

I couldn't put mint on a box for someone. I still get an occasional call from my sister who uses a Mac. You know those full size web pages telling you to install flash or your system has been locked, call X number. She thinks something is wrong with her computer and it's not a web page.

I have her using UBlock Origin. She doesn't see many of those.
She's pretty much Net/Computer Illiterate, so she has been taught not to just click anything. She just uses FB, e-mail and takes pics and stuff.

If there isn't a desktop shortcut, she can't do it. Not a surfer.

She'll ask me to Google for her...lol! My brother also helps out as he lives there too and does know some stuff.

And being on *nix, it most likely can't hurt her anyway. ;-)

Edited on 11/9/2017 at 11:17 PM. Reason:
#41 (permalink)      11/9/2017 11:21:31 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
sushi6
  • JoinedNov 2013
  • Posts 2917
  • Reviews 27
  • Kudos2257
+1 details
Caffeine wrote:

I have her using UBlock Origin. She doesn't see many of those.
She'll ask me to Google for her...lol

Yeah, uBlock, actually ABP was all I could get on Safari :/

I lol'd hard at "She'll ask me to Google for her", thanks.

Still, good on her. I can't get my mother near a computer. She only just learn't to check her phone messages. Weird thing is she's clued in on everything else, even science stuff.