Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

So what's your thought?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      8/22/2022 2:13:13 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 6197
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos4462
+2 details
"the downturn in the US over the last couple of years"

By that do you mean increasing vape laws and rules? Oddly I feel like I see just as many people if not more here vaping. I am in just one area though it is hard to know what the whole country is like, if not impossible.

You could be correct if nothing else the perceptions of who to cater to may have changed.
#12 (permalink)      8/22/2022 2:22:57 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Still.Me
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 13368
  • Reviews 24
  • Kudos20149
EternalSpline wrote:

Oddly I feel like I see just as many people if not more here vaping. I am in just one area though it is hard to know what the whole country is like, if not impossible.

Here where I am, I very rarely see anyone vaping at all. Once in a while I will see a female or male in their late 40s/early 50s vaping on a DTL set up that looks familiar. Just someone walking by me.

I do however see quite a few people in their 20s/early 30s all vaping on pods, disposables and the like.

Granted I am in an extremely health conscious area of the city so perhaps in less such areas there are more vapers but no one talks about it as they did a few years ago.

#13 (permalink)      8/22/2022 2:35:50 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 6197
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos4462
I guess if you are in an area that would not normally have smokers, then you would not see vapors.

I don't see anyone doing it in my neighborhood, when I am in the car and around town though I regularly see other vapors driving. We are easy to notice when the windows are down. Not sure the ages, my guess would be 30 plus?
#14 (permalink)      8/22/2022 4:26:29 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
RattyRat
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2015
  • Posts 523
  • Reviews 115
  • Kudos394
+1 details
I think here in Hungary the majority still thinks vaping is more harmfull than cigarettes. I really rarely see vapers and i think I see the same 3-5 people over and over in this little city. Most people... ex smoker use that IQOS thing. I can't stand its smell. Also elf bar is banned.
#15 (permalink)      8/24/2022 2:47:03 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Kilzz
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2014
  • Posts 216
  • Reviews 107
  • Kudos163
+3 details
EternalSpline wrote:

By that do you mean increasing vape laws and rules? .

Thats just the surface of the problems the US government has caused. So far whats on the market is ok. Nothing but a few cigalikes have had market approval from the FDA. No real new devices released unless you count disposables. You can no longer order online from a US site without paying crazy shipping, and brick and mortar stores know that so prices have gone up and up. If the FDA keeps going as it has been it could all be off the market in a year. They dont have to outlaw it, just stop the sale of disposables, pods, and juice and your stuck with approved BT cigalikes.
I had a feeling this was going to happen so two years ago I started doing diy juice (20 years of nicotine base in boston bottles in my chest freezer) and buying a piece of hardware a month. I also made sure to buy spare parts for my favorite atomizers, they are vanishing from FT at an alarming rate. I have mostly rebuildables, some mech's and on the first I will order the $18 KF X to go with my other KF's going back to the 3.1.

#16 (permalink)      8/24/2022 3:28:16 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 6197
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos4462
I was more asking because I thought he might be talking about the inflation and all the other BS other than vape laws and rules.

I am in the US and unfortunately am well aware of our current BS regulations... Nicotine base in my freeze... Not to get to side tracked with this aspect of the topic, but don't worry to much about whatever is going on. I mean sure prepare a bit, whatever, but ever since I started vaping the sky was falling regularly and everything is still moving along pretty well. Yes I have to pay a good bit more for worse shipping, but other than that, things are still kind of fine for me at least here in Florida. I know it is worse in other states, but all and all, you could just order juice from China and get free shipping, with nothing to sign on delivery...

They have all these people spreading the doom and gloom of these impending regulations that are going to kill the whole industry, and that has been going on for so many years! Here is the bottom line to me, America can not keep metric fuck tons of Fentenal out, so what do you think is going to really happen to vaping? Plus the science is on our side now, England is pro vaping, I mean pot had it much worse and now you can just go get a medical card... I don't know, I just have a hard time buying into the idea that vaping is really going any place regardless of what the FDA says is or isn't approved. Worst case it becomes more black market.

The only thing I feel like they have managed to do so far, is shut down tax paying businesses and lose money and jobs. Pretty pointless for a safer alternative to smoking, and so clear they are only in it for the settlement money. We just have a severe lack of people educated about vaping in power. I don't think that will last forever.
#17 (permalink)      8/24/2022 10:07:21 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Kilzz
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2014
  • Posts 216
  • Reviews 107
  • Kudos163
+1 details
EternalSpline wrote:

I don't think that will last forever.

I have a feeling its going to get worse before it gets better. If the democrats stay in power, thats a sure bet. The problem is its like a lot of other industries the government gets involved with. They die and never seem to come back to what they were, if at all.
Your right, dont get carried away with preparing. But buying a $20-$30 worth vape gear once a month isnt going to hurt. Since I can make a 120ml of juice for under $5 I can afford it.

#18 (permalink)      8/25/2022 1:19:19 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 6197
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos4462
I don't think it will hurt anything. Also piece of mind is worth allot, if having some gear and nicotine allows you to just not waste any more time thinking about it, that is worth allot. I was glad when my stash got to a point I could just sit back and look at the situation with nothing more than annoyance.

It is already worse than it was, hopefully it does not get to much worse, but if it does it does, not much can be done about it unfortunately. Join CASSA follow the calls to action, other than that not allot we can do I guess.

The republicans were not much better for it, what with Barron trump getting caught with a vape, oh no heaven forbid... It's just a lack of education on it from both sides. At least that is how I feel about it, I don't think one side is much better than the other so far. I think the we vape we vote thing had some power to get them to STFU when Trump was in office.

From what I have seen though most of the people who make money in the industry don't put any percentage towards education or activism. It is a rare shop owner that does, in my experience with them. It is hard to feel bad for the industry here when so many take the money and run.
#19 (permalink)      8/26/2022 2:40:26 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
neged
  • JoinedAug 2022
  • Posts 10
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos2
Couldn't care less about American politics but I'm quite interested in trying one of these KF X clones.

Slightly favouring the Ulton one as I've had a great experience with their Citadel clone and think their gear is pretty top notch.

Any reason you'd opt for SXK over Ulton?

This will also be my first KF, if this hadn't been released I would have jumped on a Lite Plus of some sort but I can appreciate the top-fill and juice flow control. Whether the latter actually prevents leakage/seeping is another matter but I'm hopeful!
#20 (permalink)      8/26/2022 5:09:06 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Kilzz
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2014
  • Posts 216
  • Reviews 107
  • Kudos163
+2 details
neged wrote:

Any reason you'd opt for SXK over Ulton?

If the choice is between the two, the SXK is available for next day shipping for 6 or less. The Ulton is a "custom made to order " that gives no shipping info, so you could be waiting a long time for FT to get it then ship it. Also looking at the deck of the Ulton its got some pretty rough milling where the air that hits the coil comes out.

#21 (permalink)      8/27/2022 2:45:46 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
RattyRat
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2015
  • Posts 523
  • Reviews 115
  • Kudos394
I ordered the cheapo one for 18... I can tell more about it in one to two months :D

I'll be comparing it to the "Ulton KF Lite Plus 2021" I picked up at two friends and which IMO a flawless lite clone.