Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

Same price in local vape store and battery store
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      8/12/2022 12:36:17 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Doco436677
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 352
  • Reviews 172
  • Kudos53
Same price in local vape store and battery store
Not sure why I would buy this product from FT when I can get it the same price from many other stores close to home , I also wouldn’t have to wait for a month for it to arrive
#2 (permalink)      8/12/2022 3:25:29 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
VicViking
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2015
  • Posts 826
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos560
I don't know why you would buy "ANY" battery here ... not when the 18650 battery store is open for business, but then again ... I haven't seen these weird ass things listed there.
Is The Fucking You Get, Worth The Fucking You Get ???
#3 (permalink)      8/12/2022 4:47:17 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
macranife
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2016
  • Posts 2398
  • Reviews 45
  • Kudos8890
It's the same with the Atemporal RBA, it's £1 cheaper here than you can buy it for in the UK

A great deal of vaping gear is much and the same price here in uk as it is from most Chinese vendors these days

I've recently bought vaping gear cheaper in the uk than I can buy it from China?

the major difference is you get it far quicker because your not crossing International borders

and you don't have to wait for weeks
#4 (permalink)      8/12/2022 6:44:15 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Doco436677
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 352
  • Reviews 172
  • Kudos53
Yeah I’ve started to give fastech a wide birth , they taking the p*** with the prices they are trying to charge us and with the ridiculous amount of time they keep us waiting
I used to buy about 90% of my vape gear from here , now I buy about 10%
#5 (permalink)      8/14/2022 6:07:22 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
minimag03
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2018
  • Posts 112
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos32
+1 details
Some companies have a minimum retail price for their products. I'm pretty sure Damn Vape, Aspire, BP Mods (maybe all of Dovpo), and Nitecore all have minimum retail prices. If FT sells below that price, the companies will refuse to sell FT any more product. So FT chooses to continue offering products from those companies, rather than selling a few products at a discounted rate and being blacklisted by the company. I'm sure the decision makes financial sense or else FT wouldn't be doing it.

Buy what's cheaper and ignore the retail priced stuff. That's what I do. There are other places that offer certain items cheaper, you just need to look. But none of those sites offer the selection of random, but useful, crap like FT does lol
#6 (permalink)      8/23/2022 11:55:27 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Shoe_Ting
Verified
  • JoinedMar 2022
  • Posts 1234
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos1605
Is this a special kind of 21700 that has both terminals at one end? I thought they normally have one at each end, like an 18650.
my baby don't mess around because she loves me so and this I know fo sho (uh)
#7 (permalink)      8/23/2022 2:37:48 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
analogueman
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 2984
  • Reviews 6
  • Kudos2421
Shoe_Ting wrote:

Is this a special kind of 21700 that has both terminals at one end? I thought they normally have one at each end, like an 18650.

Yes, these are 'weird' dual top & bottom contact cells from Nitecore.

Info taken from their website...

The Nitecore NL2150HPi is a rechargeable 21700 li-ion battery with a capacity of 5000mAh and a 15A continuous discharge current, making it ideal for high drain devices. This battery is specifically designed for the Nitecore i4000R, P10iX and P20iX flashlights.

The battery features a dual way output with positive and negative polarities at both ends which enables a highly efficient output by minimising the loss of power due to internal resistance.

The Nitecore NL2150HPi can be charged in the following Nitecore chargers: UMS2, UMS4, UI1 and UI2.

Edited on 8/23/2022 at 2:39 PM (typo)
It's twelve inches long, but don't use it as a rule...
#8 (permalink)      8/24/2022 9:59:54 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Shoe_Ting
Verified
  • JoinedMar 2022
  • Posts 1234
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos1605
Thank you analogueman. I understand that you are passing that on from Nitecore, so don't think I'm shooting the messenger, but... I'm not convinced by their claim of reducing internal resistance by having both terminals at the same end. In order to get the full benefit of the battery chemistry you have to involve the entire cell (obviously), so I would expect that they simply run a strip of conductive material on the inside to relocate the second terminal to the same end.

In other words, smells like ad-man speak to me.
my baby don't mess around because she loves me so and this I know fo sho (uh)
#9 (permalink)      9/4/2022 5:32:22 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Wet_Willie
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2014
  • Posts 136
  • Reviews 5
  • Kudos18
Yes you are right minimag03. I've been buying from fasttech a long time and seen Fenix cut them off because they dropped below the suggested minimum retail price. If they ever dropped below that price it is because Fenix is having a sale. Nitecore will do the same
#10 (permalink)      9/4/2022 5:42:00 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Wet_Willie
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2014
  • Posts 136
  • Reviews 5
  • Kudos18
I'll just wait for Nitecore to have a sale on some of their flashlights before ordering. Some I buy right off the bat and others I'll wait for a sale. I've seen some lights go up in price so if I really want a certain light I'll snatch it up in a hurry, especially a copper light.