Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

Ulton Goblin or MK Mods Fode?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#21 (permalink)      10/5/2022 8:34:48 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
vukpavlovic74
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2016
  • Posts 85
  • Reviews 41
  • Kudos31
Thank you very much, for your detailed explanation. You solved my dilemma. Im not buying this one because there is no way I could do what you did there.
It seems to me that the concept is good but until internals are not made of copper Ill skip it.
Thanks to you I can see that there is no safety fuse (just a reflection from 510 connector).
#22 (permalink)      10/5/2022 10:36:53 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
stuartd
Verified
  • JoinedJul 2014
  • Posts 827
  • Reviews 91
  • Kudos289
vukpavlovic74 wrote:

Thank you very much, for your detailed explanation. You solved my dilemma. Im not buying this one because there is no way I could do what you did there.
It seems to me that the concept is good but until internals are not made of copper Ill skip it.
Thanks to you I can see that there is no safety fuse (just a reflection from 510 connector).

No worrys its not a bad mod just a shit way to make it with thise contacts and definitely no fuse in there. just spin the fire button so it won't fire then spin it again to make contact and I did put yhe old contact back in again and still the same yhing it would fire 3 times then just stop working put my one back in fires everytime

#23 (permalink)      10/6/2022 3:21:02 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
vukpavlovic74
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2016
  • Posts 85
  • Reviews 41
  • Kudos31
+1 details
I found MMK Mods Z AIO on sale (100$)...it is very similar to Goblin but it has solid silver contacts and the battery is separated from boro tank with panel. I dont like how it looks so I guess I will have to wait more...
When I look MK Mods Fode Mech, there is no battery/boro tank separation but I think it would be easy to replace contacts with Mod Maker copper contacts, but Im not sure if the problem is contact material quality or something else..?
#24 (permalink)      10/6/2022 5:18:53 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cilika
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 16980
  • Reviews 397
  • Kudos30464
vukpavlovic74 wrote:

I found MMK Mods Z AIO on sale (100$)...it is very similar to Goblin but it has solid silver contacts and the battery is separated from boro tank with panel. I dont like how it looks so I guess I will have to wait more...
When I look MK Mods Fode Mech, there is no battery/boro tank separation but I think it would be easy to replace contacts with Mod Maker copper contacts, but Im not sure if the problem is contact material quality or something else..?

Yea, same here, saw it on sales some months ago, but they were too generous with it with those engravings and logo-s for my taste. (never could bear lion heads either on mods) =) And I'd prefer a white (or PEEK) one.

But search for 'Eliohm' by SnV Mods on the net.

Edited on 10/6/2022 at 5:21 AM
#25 (permalink)      10/6/2022 7:31:20 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
inswva
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2014
  • Posts 180
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos257
vukpavlovic74 wrote:

The contacts in the Fode are not of good quality. Plated brass is a terrible material to use for mech contacts. As noted, should be easy enough to replace with copper. I didn't keep mine long enough to make the effort.

The same was/is true of a lot of the China produced mechanical squonk mods... cheap, flimsy contacts.

#26 (permalink)      10/13/2022 7:14:10 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
wahuka
Verified
  • JoinedMar 2018
  • Posts 170
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos40
Today I have disassembled mine to make the copper platerine and I don't know where this ring has come from, does anyone know where it is placed?

Edited on 10/13/2022 at 7:27 PM
#27 (permalink)      10/14/2022 7:13:22 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
vukpavlovic74
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2016
  • Posts 85
  • Reviews 41
  • Kudos31
@Cilika
Elohim is really nice but I would prefer Venohm if I choose to go high end (which is not very probable at moment).
Talking of high end gear, I really like how R-boro Resurrect box is made and it looks like its gonna last forever. Even the price (100E) is ok but again the way it looks is far from my likings.
But the mechanism of Resurrect box is so easy to make and intelligent that I think it is ideal for cloning.
@Inswa
Do you think that threaded collar in Fode could be replaced by Reset mech boro threaded contact bought from some of mode making sites? And is it so bad that it needs (instant) replacement.
#28 (permalink)      10/14/2022 7:57:11 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
wahuka
Verified
  • JoinedMar 2018
  • Posts 170
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos40
+3 details
I have put the copper plate and now it is like a beast.
#29 (permalink)      10/14/2022 8:21:00 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cilika
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 16980
  • Reviews 397
  • Kudos30464
+1 details
vukpavlovic74 wrote:

@Cilika
Elohim is really nice but I would prefer Venohm if I choose to go high end (which is not very probable at moment).
Talking of high end gear, I really like how R-boro Resurrect box is made and it looks like its gonna last forever. Even the price (100E) is ok but again the way it looks is far from my likings.
But the mechanism of Resurrect box is so easy to make and intelligent that I think it is ideal for cloning.
@Inswa
Do you think that threaded collar in Fode could be replaced by Reset mech boro threaded contact bought from some of mode making sites? And is it so bad that it needs (instant) replacement.

The Eliohm is my only high end gear actually :)) Paid 134E for it, but wanted to see how it's made. The contacts are really good (made of silver), my only neg. is that it's hard to access the fill hole on most of the tanks. But it's very easy to take out the tank, no need for fast nut.

Damn, I just found the Ressurect mod here for 64€... lol

edit: ha,forget, it's their squonk box =))

edit II: so the resurrect box doesn't have a battery cover either :/

Edited on 10/14/2022 at 8:31 AM
#30 (permalink)      10/14/2022 8:21:52 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cilika
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 16980
  • Reviews 397
  • Kudos30464
wahuka wrote:

What's the thickness of your plate you used for it?

#31 (permalink)      10/14/2022 12:40:11 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
wahuka
Verified
  • JoinedMar 2018
  • Posts 170
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos40
+2 details
cilika wrote:

wahuka wrote:

What's the thickness of your plate you used for it?

0.5mm, Perfect thickness