Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

I plan on using 1.6 ohm coils
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      9/3/2022 4:45:20 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
quarks
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2015
  • Posts 6091
  • Reviews 45
  • Kudos9172
+1 details
I plan on using 1.6 ohm coils
I've read that these won't work because 1.6 coils burn, since the crude aspire K3 battery puts out only a fixed 5.5 volts, thus frying them at about 19 watts. Even the 1.8 ohm coils are pretty dubious at nearly 17 watts.

But I plan to use older 1000 mAhr joyetech ego C batteries, which has variable voltage, so I can set it to, say 4 volts, giving 10 watts approximately. Or even less voltage, for 8 watts or so.

I'm not interested in blowing giant clouds to amuse bystanders. :)

Have I missed anything?
#2 (permalink)      9/4/2022 9:17:16 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
vapeluvr
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 7763
  • Reviews 355
  • Kudos4529
+1 details
I haven't used nautilus coils in a long time but I know I used the 1.8 Nauti coils on ego VV at even the highest setting of 4.8v. Voltage drop and battery sag on egos is horrendous and always going to drop the voltage by at least 0.5-0.8 ohms anyway so even if you have it set at 4.8v you will only be vaping at 4.0 to 4.3v actual. Nauti coils can handle this in my experience. Of course thickness and sweetness of juice factors in, too, so always take that into consideration when people say these coils work at x volts or not.

Kanger protank coils with the cotton wicks can handle up to 4.2v (actual) so these should too. I vape semi-sweet, clear juices only. And for these low powered setups I use 50%PG.

Also, keep in mind that some egos have a low ohm floor at about 1.5 so some will not work at or under 1.5 ohms. 1.6 might be too low if the ego you have reads it as 1.5 or less. That's why I always use 1.8 coils on my egos and other older stuff.

Lastly, keep in mind this K3 cannot be full disassembled for proper cleaning and therefore there is no glass replacement. Personally I would stick with the nautilus mini you want a small diameter tank. The nautilus even has adjustable airflow. The K3 looks to have fixed airflow as far as I can tell. Those holes look quite large and there are at least 3 of them, probably 4.
Vaper buys pod system, asks for a 510 adapter. LOL for days
#3 (permalink)      9/5/2022 1:28:29 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
quarks
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2015
  • Posts 6091
  • Reviews 45
  • Kudos9172
+1 details
vapeluvr wrote:

I haven't used nautilus coils in a long time but I know I used the 1.8 Nauti coils on ego VV at even the highest setting of 4.8v. Voltage drop and battery sag on egos is horrendous and always going to drop the voltage by at least 0.5-0.8 ohms anyway so even if you have it set at 4.8v you will only be vaping at 4.0 to 4.3v actual. Nauti coils can handle this in my experience. Of course thickness and sweetness of juice factors in, too, so always take that into consideration when people say these coils work at x volts or not.

Kanger protank coils with the cotton wicks can handle up to 4.2v (actual) so these should too. I vape semi-sweet, clear juices only. And for these low powered setups I use 50%PG.

Also, keep in mind that some egos have a low ohm floor at about 1.5 so some will not work at or under 1.5 ohms. 1.6 might be too low if the ego you have reads it as 1.5 or less. That's why I always use 1.8 coils on my egos and other older stuff.

Lastly, keep in mind this K3 cannot be full disassembled for proper cleaning and therefore there is no glass replacement. Personally I would stick with the nautilus mini you want a small diameter tank. The nautilus even has adjustable airflow. The K3 looks to have fixed airflow as far as I can tell. Those holes look quite large and there are at least 3 of them, probably 4.

Thanks.

I think it may work out for me, since I usually only run them at 8-10 watts.

I only use the ego setup when I am doing something outside and need something small and light with a neck lanyard. I've been using a little 2 ml tank that uses protank coils (RG200 i think).

Sometimes I use an old vamo with nautilus tank, but it's heavier. I don't know what I'll do when it dies. There don't seem to be any cylindrical mods around anymore, except mechs. Box mods would be OK, except there's no way to attach a lanyard.

#4 (permalink)      9/5/2022 2:41:51 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
gmm11
Verified
  • JoinedMar 2016
  • Posts 4983
  • Reviews 220
  • Kudos6105
+1 details
SKU 5748601 always fancied one of these just for the battery, handy looking thing
#5 (permalink)      9/5/2022 10:42:30 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
vapeluvr
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 7763
  • Reviews 355
  • Kudos4529
+1 details
quarks wrote:

I think it may work out for me, since I usually only run them at 8-10 watts.

I only use the ego setup when I am doing something outside and need something small and light with a neck lanyard. I've been using a little 2 ml tank that uses protank coils (RG200 i think).

Sometimes I use an old vamo with nautilus tank, but it's heavier. I don't know what I'll do when it dies. There don't seem to be any cylindrical mods around anymore, except mechs. Box mods would be OK, except there's no way to attach a lanyard.

I have some old Smok Zmax Minis that I run with an 18350 battery. They are 21mm diameter. Perfect when I want a small vape. I used EVODs with SOCC coils on them but I also figured out ways to use certain pod RBAs in other similar 15mm tanks.

I don't use lanyards, i just set things somewhere or i my pocket if that's a good idea for the situation.

If you want a tiny box mod and don't mind an internal battery, look into the Eleaf Istick Mini 2 SKU 9741879. I don't own one as I don't dig internal battery mods anymore since I'm in the USA - I only purchase what is vapocalypse friendly, so internal battery mods are out. But I'd love to have a few of those if they were 18350 mods. I have a similar size mod, the Vamo Box 25W, which I'd buy 20 more if I could. Takes 18350 battery. No longer available anywhere. I've tried placing ads in classifieds to no avail, all I get is people saying what a cool mod it looks like lol. I guess everyone threw theirs away when they found at that 20+W vaping on it was useless. But it's great for 10W or less MTL with thin wire coils. Luckily I have 3.

#6 (permalink)      10/1/2022 5:31:28 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
quarks
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2015
  • Posts 6091
  • Reviews 45
  • Kudos9172
+2 details
Just a follow up for posterity. I got the K3 and have used it a week or two.

It works VERY well on my old EGO C battery. But I only use about 8 watts. You won't be able to blow giant clouds to impress your friends. I mostly use it with the ego set at 3.8 V, but it also works nearly as well with fixed voltage EGO T battery. It's quite usable still.

Keep in mind that I only used the 1.8 ohm coil it came with. I didn't try a 1.6 ohm coil yet, but I "think" it will work too.

I used it for a half day, driving a bush hog tractor on hilly rocky terrain. (It's much like riding a mechanical bull set on medium, in a redneck west texas bar.) You can take a puff occasionally, but sometimes your vape is swinging wildly on the lanyard around your neck.

Anyway, it worked well for me. The only downsides are that the tank glass can't be replaced, by design. My Item from FT was also missing the promised extra replacement coil, and the authenticity scratch-off had been ripped completely off the box. It may be a sneaky FT clone, but if so, it's an excellent fake.

I'm very satisfied with my K3.

Edited on 10/1/2022 at 5:39 PM
#7 (permalink)      10/3/2022 3:00:20 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
vapeluvr
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 7763
  • Reviews 355
  • Kudos4529
quarks wrote:

I got the K3...from FT was also missing the promised extra replacement coil, and the authenticity scratch-off had been ripped completely off the box. It may be a sneaky FT clone, but if so, it's an excellent fake.I'm very satisfied with my K3.

That's not good. But I guess as long as it works that all that matters.