Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

About time - and the price is right!
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      4/20/2022 8:27:44 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
blackhack
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 683
  • Reviews 69
  • Kudos527
I've thought about it for a couple of days and bit the bullet for two of them.
They will either become my new favourites for a full on DTL vape or they'll join all the other rda's in the limbo vape drawer where they might see the light of day once in a while.
Insert smart and witty comment here.....
#12 (permalink)      4/20/2022 3:11:24 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ericbnc
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 10982
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos11543
blackhack wrote:

They will either become my new favourites for a full on DTL vape or they'll join all the other rda's in the limbo vape drawer where they might see the light of day once in a while.

If you are USA and want to hedge your bet we could trade.

Still gotta get that Dani mini to c4w but taxes and lamentations filled my early week.

😊

Up (censored by PRC) creek with a 8 inch long piece of fecal matter for a paddle
#13 (permalink)      4/20/2022 3:42:30 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4851
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos3042
+1 details
Yep, I order a gun metal version today. Afraid they will sell out quickly/ low inventory.

Also of note is the deck, early versions were gold plated, but now that's fixed. Also early reviews may show acrylic tanks, but now they're glass.
What does he mean when he says words?
#14 (permalink)      4/21/2022 6:37:19 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 6190
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos4453
Nice thank you for that information, that was two things I did not like about this RTA.

Do you know for sure that is the case with these? Or are these old stock that they found in the warehouse?
#15 (permalink)      4/21/2022 6:58:06 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4851
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos3042
Well, the pics show the updated version...other than that, I'll let folks know when it arrives...but honestly, very few early ones had the gold deck - I bought mine early on and it was already changed.
#16 (permalink)      4/21/2022 7:21:04 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 6190
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos4453
Thanks
#17 (permalink)      4/21/2022 7:22:33 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 6190
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos4453
Not to change the subject but another site has -5AVape Hussar BXR Style AIO VW Vape Box Mod - Black, 1~60W, 1 x 18650- I think you might be interested in that.
#18 (permalink)      4/21/2022 7:26:51 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
blackhack
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 683
  • Reviews 69
  • Kudos527
+1 details
ericbnc wrote:

blackhack wrote:
If you are USA and want to hedge your bet we could trade.

Still gotta get that Dani mini to c4w but taxes and lamentations filled my early week.

😊

Nah Eric, I'm the other side of the pond, but thanks anyway.

Insert smart and witty comment here.....
#19 (permalink)      4/21/2022 11:21:16 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 6190
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos4453
Ordered a gun metal one, not from here from a place that normally ships it to me a little faster. One more question on it, not that it matters to much because it is already ordered, but is it loud at all? I watched a video real quick to see how the sound was, he said it wasn't bad but it was hard to know what his mic was picking up.
#20 (permalink)      5/9/2022 3:45:11 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 6190
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos4453
+1 details
My Diesel is here. 9 cents more is what I paid, got it in 36 days. So meh on that, but with the holiday and whatever whatever...

So the refill method is so stupid on this one. I watched zero videos and went fully on C4W's recommendation. It oddly unscrews at the chimney, there is an inner chimney piece and that pops out. Then the other strange bit on it is they went with flat head screws that are a bit deep into the deck, and the holes for your leads are a tad small. So on my first attempts it was not grabbing the coil. I replaced these coils with longer lead coils and gave it more of a push into the holes with the coiling rod holding it straight and with a bit of struggles they went in fine. The deck is holding two 3MM coils great, with good room for airflow still, something that I did not find on the Arbiter two.

My next hangup was that the straight glass is so snug onto the damn thing that it takes a moment for the bubble to come up and wick your coils. They also made the wicking hole the juice goes into a bit smaller than I would have thought appropriate.

The airflow, not what I thought it would be looking at the images. It's not the best feeling airflow, it is a little louder than I figured it would be, it is by no means loud, just never going to be accused of being a silent tank, really or a loud tank honestly, it is kind of that middle to softer note.

The driptip is short! It just is, some people will like that, some people wont. I don't mind it, but it should be mentioned.

The build material, the metal is nicely done no burs, the metal feels sturdy and thick and not cheap and thin.

Extras, they went pretty light on the extras, it has the bubble glass, a little screw driver, some screws, and O-rings. No 2nd driptip option, nothing else.

I wicked it a little on the loose side, should have probably gone a little thicker. Here is the saving grace so far, flavor, it has great flavor. If you can get past the shortcomings, it's got a very punchy flavor. I have a bakery in it now and the flavor is really there. So I like the airflow, I don't mind the short drip tip or the lack of many extras, the regular glass I think sucks, the refill method is dumb, but for this flavor I will get used to it.

In my opinion it deserved the negative reviews, but it is still worth it at this price point. It is a bit different than the other top airflow tanks. I would say it is kind of in it's own category like the Valkyrie, yes the Valkyrie is much better, but at the end of the day this is pretty cheap and totally enjoyable. If I was to try and compare it though and say it's like the Arbiter two or like the Zeus, it's not just like the Valkyrie isn't. So yes, if you read this I would recommend it, just know that with the good comes some bad, it like anything is all what your willing to look past.
#21 (permalink)      5/9/2022 6:36:28 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4851
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos3042
My Gun Metal (nice finish, btw)ordered April 20, shipped April 25, my package arrived May 7.(VA, USA)

Fantastic job by fasttech! Thanks a lot! Vaping it now.

Edited on 5/9/2022 at 7:05 PM