[dismiss] FastTech will be on holiday from October 1, 2022 to October 7, 2022. All services resume on October 8, 2022, at 1:00 am (UTC). (details).
Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

Anyone know how to wick this without leaks?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      6/8/2022 6:15:47 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
callmeal
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2016
  • Posts 34
  • Reviews 6
  • Kudos14
Anyone know how to wick this without leaks?
I really want to like this tank but I've tried several different wicking methods and it always results in leaking to some degree. On the official Facebook page people have a lot of suggestions, tried them all and still leaks. I've actually started to use it like a dripper and only open the juice flow when i'm vaping it and then close it otherwise, even this still results in a small amount of leaking. When i take the cap off to look at the deck I can see it's flooded. I'm starting to think it is a design flaw because I've have a few other gravity fed tanks that never leak.
#2 (permalink)      6/8/2022 8:02:56 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
djvillan
Verified
Could be the VG % ratio in your e-liquid is too low, could be you're not using enough cotton causing either a gap on the deck or not fluffed upwards enough to plug the two drip holes, could be bad o-rings. Does it leak with the juice holes only opened halfway?

Edited on 6/8/2022 at 8:03 AM
#3 (permalink)      6/24/2022 5:31:55 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
callmeal
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2016
  • Posts 34
  • Reviews 6
  • Kudos14
+1 details
I figured out what I did wrong. The orings that secure the deck to the rest of the tank are quite loose(Mentioned in every youtuber review). So I found some other orings from another rta that gave a much more secure fit but somehow caused the leaking. When I swapped back to the original orings the leaking mostly stopped, still happens a bit if you dont get the wicking just right. Kind of reminds of the og berserker mini in that sense. Overall a disappointing product from BP Mods and not one I could recommend