Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

V2 Reviews anyone?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      3/19/2022 3:08:09 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Toleot
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 28
  • Reviews 4
  • Kudos6
+2 details
Just read a review of this on reddit.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Vaping/comments/thc0j4/yihi_sxmini_sl2_review_by_420pd69/
#12 (permalink)      3/19/2022 4:21:59 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4842
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2896
+1 details
my local shop has them, overpriced at 129.99. Holding it in person, the first thing any SL v1 owner will notice is the overall size is nearly identical to the V1, with the same shape (and location) fire button and joystick. I never noticed before, but this really is just a curvy SL, even the battery cap is very similar. It has usb C, and the overall menu system is simplified, though still full featured.

The biggest gaffe? In my brief time with the mod, it seems that pushing the joystick in, which was "confirm" on previous YIHI chipsets, has now been changed, and "confirm" is a left press...which is awkward at first, no doubt.

I'll definitely buy one, it's gorgeous and very well made. The etching designs on the back of some models is flawless and looks quite posh, and the screen redesign is very well done, with a less cluttered, more legible screen.
What does he mean when he says words?
#13 (permalink)      3/19/2022 4:30:47 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
analogueman
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 2798
  • Reviews 6
  • Kudos2251
+1 details
Toleot wrote:

Just read a review of this on reddit.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Vaping/comments/thc0j4/yihi_sxmini_sl2_review_by_420pd69/

Thanks for that, but I'd treat that 'review' with a large pinch of salt given his/her assertion in the comments section below it regarding parasitic battery drain on previous Yihi mods.

It's twelve inches long, but don't use it as a rule...
#14 (permalink)      3/19/2022 4:40:34 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
analogueman
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 2798
  • Reviews 6
  • Kudos2251
+2 details
Probably also worth mentioning, that although FT has offered both this and the V2 G-Class on pre-order, Yihi has stated that they're only supplying mods to retailers abroad (i.e. outside China).
#15 (permalink)      3/19/2022 5:23:29 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Andy.lion
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2015
  • Posts 12072
  • Reviews 25
  • Kudos32088
analogueman wrote:

Probably also worth mentioning, that although FT has offered both this and the V2 G-Class on pre-order, Yihi has stated that they're only supplying mods to retailers abroad (i.e. outside China).

Which is odd because every Chinese vendor currently have them listed for pre-order…

I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You both get dirty, but the pig likes it.” George Bernard Shaw
#16 (permalink)      3/19/2022 5:25:48 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Andy.lion
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2015
  • Posts 12072
  • Reviews 25
  • Kudos32088
I did get an email back from SXMini about construction and materials but it was the usual “yes, it’s constructed from (whatever you said) as it states on website” at £60 it’s worth a punt I think.

Edited on 3/19/2022 at 5:28 AM. Reason:
I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You both get dirty, but the pig likes it.” George Bernard Shaw
#17 (permalink)      3/19/2022 5:43:54 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ZenAnarchi
  • JoinedMar 2021
  • Posts 20
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos34
+4 details
I bought one a couple of weeks ago, didn’t want to wait and it is available from one distributor here in Norway. Paid about $110 for it, and yeah, that is a bit overpriced. Been using it on and off for over a week with two different rdas, and here are my impressions:

The battery drain issue is fixed, as far as I can tell. No drainage whatsoever, even when sitting for a day without use.

UI is a pain in the butt, as usual with Yihi., do like the screen though. Taking forever to become automatic for me.

Build quality is excellent! And it looks great with my big rdas. Does weigh quite a bit, and this detracts from how much I use it.

The chip works great and TC is highly accurate (from my experience, using stainless steel).

All in all, I am pretty happy with my purchase, but it is definitely not for everybody…

I am traveling right now, but can attach some photos on Monday, if anyone really wants to see it. Not a top-notch review here, but I tried 😂
#18 (permalink)      3/19/2022 6:24:55 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
analogueman
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 2798
  • Reviews 6
  • Kudos2251
+1 details
Andy.lion wrote:

Which is odd because every Chinese vendor currently have them listed for pre-order…

Indeed, yet that is what Yihi has publicly stated. Go figure...

#19 (permalink)      3/19/2022 6:32:33 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
analogueman
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 2798
  • Reviews 6
  • Kudos2251
+2 details
ZenAnarchi wrote:

I am traveling right now, but can attach some photos on Monday, if anyone really wants to see it. Not a top-notch review here, but I tried 😂

To be honest mate, yours is the first 'proper review' I've seen. LOL!

One thing though... can you confirm the output voltage of the mod please.

We're still seeing multiple different claims of anything from 6 to 8.5 volts (allegedly from those who own the bloody thing!)

Cheers.

#20 (permalink)      3/19/2022 7:06:51 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ZenAnarchi
  • JoinedMar 2021
  • Posts 20
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos34
+2 details
analogueman wrote:

I purchased mine in Norway because of my need for instant gratification in this case. When FastTech first listed the v2 the end of February, it stated “custom order” as to the availability. When I enquired as to what this actually meant, here is the reply I received:“A custom order means it would take 20-25 business days to be available. You might place the order now to have a priority assignment once we receive the stock.” I wanted it before I was too old to care 😉

I’ll get back to you on Monday regarding the max voltage 👍🏻

Edited on 3/19/2022 at 7:10 AM. Reason:
#21 (permalink)      3/19/2022 8:13:15 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
analogueman
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 2798
  • Reviews 6
  • Kudos2251
ZenAnarchi wrote:

I purchased mine in Norway because of my need for instant gratification in this case. When FastTech first listed the v2 the end of February, it stated “custom order” as to the availability. When I enquired as to what this actually meant, here is the reply I received:“A custom order means it would take 20-25 business days to be available. You might place the order now to have a priority assignment once we receive the stock.” I wanted it before I was too old to care 😉

Yes indeed. However, despite FT offering them, there are certain brands that they find impossible to get hold of (Yihi, Lost Vape etc), where orders are subsequently cancelled after a prolonged wait. It kind of ties in with what Yihi have said about not offering these mods for sale in China, despite the fact that most vendors have listed pre-orders.

Thought it was worth mentioning to folk here.

ZenAnarchi wrote:

I’ll get back to you on Monday regarding the max voltage 👍🏻

Appreciate that, thank you. 👍🏻