[dismiss] FastTech will be on holiday from October 1, 2022 to October 7, 2022. All services resume on October 8, 2022, at 1:00 am (UTC). (details).
Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

V2 Reviews anyone?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#101 (permalink)      6/22/2022 8:05:25 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
analogueman
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 2869
  • Reviews 6
  • Kudos2328
Rizzy wrote:

Sorry no I can't I haven't tried to update it but it has the USB c connection so can't see why sxi couldn't be used.

That doesn't really mean anything though, does it. Not every DNA based mod with a USB connection can access eScribe. As I say, everything I've read so far says it's not user update-able. So any improvements or updates would need to be factory based.

Mind you, it wouldn't be the first time so-called Reviewers have put out duff information on kit they've been sent.

Does anyone else know for sure, one way or another?

It's twelve inches long, but don't use it as a rule...
#102 (permalink)      6/22/2022 8:19:05 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Crispycritters
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2020
  • Posts 831
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos759

Edited on 6/22/2022 at 8:22 AM (Rizzy's request to return to topic)
#103 (permalink)      6/23/2022 9:04:43 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4843
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos3018
Rizzy: Don't hold your breath for any "improvemnents" to Temp control. At this point, in 2022, it's all been tried, and either it suits you - or it doesn't.

The SX chip does connect on the app, however there's nothing to download, just customized "Welcome" screens.

thanks for slogging through the nonsense....it's just the same two losers, over and over. They don't get laid much! (at all!) lol.
What does he mean when he says words?
#104 (permalink)      6/24/2022 12:20:17 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
analogueman
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 2869
  • Reviews 6
  • Kudos2328
+3 details
carrion4worm wrote:

thanks for slogging through the nonsense....it's just the same two losers, over and over. They don't get laid much! (at all!) lol.

There really is something wrong with you, isn't there. That you should constantly need the attention provoked by making deliberately snide remarks at others... you're a very sad excuse for a human being.

#105 (permalink)      6/24/2022 7:19:21 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Crispycritters
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2020
  • Posts 831
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos759
+3 details
This is Carrion's idea of only discussing the product. It's either constant snide digs to keep arguments alive - or his penchant to turn any thread into a squabble about American politics.

He generally keeps making snarky comments to anyone who has highlighted that he has made a dumb statement (nobody needs 6 Volts lol) in an attempt to save face, he can't move on or accept his preferences aren't the only way - his ego will not allow it.

Edited on 6/24/2022 at 9:14 AM
#106 (permalink)      6/24/2022 8:24:53 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 6000
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos4291
+2 details
"Rizzy: Don't hold your breath for any "improvemnents" to Temp control. At this point, in 2022, it's all been tried, and either it suits you - or it doesn't."

It has not ALL been tried, this is a silly statement.

TC I found to be best described by a user here, but I can't remember who to give the credit to. He said, TC is a solution to a problem no one had.

So the issue for why TC isn't still advancing is no one is flocking to it as they expected would happen. You could put out the best TC mod in 2022, and it would not outsell anything else this year, based solely on it being the best TC mod. So you have research and development money, and allot more than allot of other things take that will just be wasted money in the end.

(Apparently now I can put in my statement back @ Karren4worm, and it is considered OK in his book, lol...)

Yes Nate it is definitely how much I get laid, and not that you can't manage to stop being a piece of shit on the internet, lol. You should do the world a favor and go get a loaded handgun and vape it by putting the barrel in your mouth and pulling the trigger while you inhale deeply.
#107 (permalink)      6/25/2022 9:40:42 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Still.Me
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 12960
  • Reviews 24
  • Kudos19784
+1 details
LOL. ^ ^ ^

Perhaps one of the more amusing vape posts I have read here in a long time. 😂
#108 (permalink)      6/26/2022 8:56:28 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4843
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos3018
analogueman wrote:

carrion4worm wrote:
There really is something wrong with you, isn't there. That you should constantly need the attention provoked by making deliberately snide remarks at others... you're a very sad excuse for a human being.

Yes, I should definitely allow others (you and your two girlfriends) to do all the "snide remarking", don't you think?

Grow up. Those two members of my Fan Club are just obsessed. Nothing anyone can do except laugh at their childishness while pushing 60 plus years old!

Stick to what YOU are good at (Spam Dictator), I'll answer valid vape related questions when I can, and those two goofs can continue stroking each other - mmmkay? See, everyone has a place!

#109 (permalink)      6/26/2022 9:10:57 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4843
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos3018
and...

@Rizzy:

Hope you can enjoy the mod! Those other posters DO NOT own it, don't plan on owning it, and are just trolling. If you have any questions at all, maybe start a NEW thread, and I'll answer, regardless.

SX MINi isn't going to spend any money on adjusting their temp-control, this is their ummteenth version, and the sales of this device and the dual battery are less than expected. As I mentioned earlier, don't count on any "new" sampling rates on the TC - they have already tried everything within the confines of their chip...this is, unfortunately, a fact. A more powerful, rapid sampling rate is required for more accurate TC, and this run of
SX chips has actually REGRESSED in that department, concentrating more on extra boost and user created curves. Sorry, but SX was following the trend of the market, which states that regular TC is "dead"...of course we know it's not dead among certain users, but truly improving TC costs money, with more power requirements...perhaps the G class V2 could handle a proper upgrade, but again, it comes down to sales - and so far, they're not great.

Perhaps a certain past SX Mini product had a TC that "felt" better to you? If so, maybe I can help - or, more appropriately - a friend of mine can help. There is a Fansite dedicated to "firmware approximation" among SX products, but with the severely limited nature of the SL V2's options, it could prove difficult. Just post back if you need/want the info - and you're not allergic to Facebook groups!
#110 (permalink)      6/26/2022 10:00:05 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Still.Me
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 12960
  • Reviews 24
  • Kudos19784
@Rizzy, for what it is worth, I also felt that earlier SX Minis did a better job on TC then the newer ones.

My faves for TC were the ML class and the Q class.

I had the first M class which came out in the infancy of TC so I didn't care for it on that one.
Then the ML and Q class...well, it was perfect.

Didn't bother with the G class but went with a couple SL and the MX and although the SL was ok, the MX I felt was a return to the first M class.
So the MX has been my least favourite for even in wattage it is different for me.

Now that all said, I guess it depends on your reasons for TC? I never had dry wicks with or without TC and just preferred the depth of flavour I got using it with ML and Q.

After the ML and Q, I reverted back to wattage, never 100% happy with TC on the newer models, at least for my taste.
#111 (permalink)      6/26/2022 11:11:00 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
analogueman
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 2869
  • Reviews 6
  • Kudos2328
+1 details
carrion4worm wrote:

Yes, I should definitely allow others (you and your two girlfriends) to do all the "snide remarking", don't you think?

Grow up. Those two members of my Fan Club are just obsessed. Nothing anyone can do except laugh at their childishness while pushing 60 plus years old!

Stick to what YOU are good at (Spam Dictator), I'll answer valid vape related questions when I can, and those two goofs can continue stroking each other - mmmkay? See, everyone has a place!

Take it elsewhere, attention seeker...