Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

The Price ??
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      1/12/2022 3:28:23 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Andy.lion
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2015
  • Posts 12045
  • Reviews 25
  • Kudos32077
+1 details
I know Mac, he’s not a “hissy fit” kind of guy. And if he says he can find them cheaper, and remember that was the point, then he has found them cheaper. Chill out man.
I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You both get dirty, but the pig likes it.” George Bernard Shaw
#12 (permalink)      1/12/2022 3:35:10 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4713
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2842
Nope. he was out of line. Defending him won't matter, the words have been written. If it makes you feel better, his actions really surprised me, too. i had never known him to act in such a manner without being provoked.

You "chill out, man", as I said, it's no big deal. You missed "the point" I made, and are curiously overlooking his replies, cuz "buddies". that's fine, but not entirely representative of this thread. This was never a "FASTTECH price thread", it was a "SXK/plastic panels cost too much" thread - at least that's how it read, and definitely how I responded to OP.

Again, it's all good.

Edited on 1/12/2022 at 3:36 PM. Reason:
What does he mean when he says words?
#13 (permalink)      1/12/2022 3:58:47 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
macranife
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2016
  • Posts 2165
  • Reviews 45
  • Kudos8353
+2 details
carrion4worm wrote:

Lol, you might not be ready for this! Just kidding, but I promise you this- you will not find a cheaper set of crystal acrylic panels anywhere in the world. Most Private groups/ independent modders charge 110 and up for clear, or tinted colors

Inflation eh, was 100 earlier on, see post 7

went up 10 in an afternoon

people are payin to much for these

$17 is less than 100

sorry 110

#14 (permalink)      1/12/2022 4:03:51 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4713
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2842
SXK IS SXK! ...and they make the cheapest panels anywhere I've found! If you can save a few bucks at A DIFFERENT VENDOR, as I've said ad nauseum: Get them!

guess what? They are gonna be SXK brand panels...hope you can get it, and move on.
#15 (permalink)      1/12/2022 4:07:09 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
macranife
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2016
  • Posts 2165
  • Reviews 45
  • Kudos8353
+2 details
Grand

thanks
#16 (permalink)      1/13/2022 6:13:44 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4713
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2842
+1 details
How reading English became such a bugaboo here at fasttech is beyond me, lol. We often have users from around the world, and IF my English is tough to understand, i apologize.

anyway, I hope casual readers now understand the difference between a "manufacturer" and a "retail outlet/vendor"

IF I, or anyone, could find a cheaper Billet panel than SXK (fancy "brand name SXK", I suppose), I'd love to hear about it! Everyone COULD benefit from cheaper products!

In the meantime, while SXK has affordable panels in a "stranglehold", the best anyone can do to "save a few bucks", is shop around at different vendors - though i doubt you'll find them much cheaper, when adding in free shipping and other nuances that differ from retailer to retailer.

Good talk!
#17 (permalink)      1/13/2022 6:53:56 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Gigirat67
Verified
  • JoinedDec 2016
  • Posts 467
  • Reviews 123
  • Kudos241
+2 details
blackhack wrote:

Yes they are pretty, but how can they justify $25 for a couple of bits of preformed plastic ??

From this whole exchange, it turns out there is no other justification than « people buy it »

That’s how it goes…but it’s still a couple of pieces of preformed plastic (with magnets, maybe the magnets are the reason;-) at €20 something.

Edited on 1/13/2022 at 6:57 AM. Reason:
#18 (permalink)      1/13/2022 7:01:38 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4713
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2842
+1 details
Gigirat67 wrote:

blackhack wrote:
Yes they are pretty, but how can they justify $25 for a couple of bits of preformed plastic ??

From this whole exchange, it turns out there is no other justification than « people buy it »

That’s how it goes…but it’s still a couple of pieces of preformed plastic (with magnets, maybe the magnets are the reason;-) at €20 something.

Yep, I refuse ton pay 100.00 for acrylic panels from Vital, or Kontrol, or 200.00 for stabwood, but 25.00, I can live with....

A lot of it is users who only know of the clone Billet market, which we are lucky to have...imagine a world without SXK, and only "high end", authentic Billet products....It would keep so many from trying a great way to vape!

#19 (permalink)      1/13/2022 7:46:17 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Gigirat67
Verified
  • JoinedDec 2016
  • Posts 467
  • Reviews 123
  • Kudos241
I do like the idea of bargaining still and I feel €20++ is kind of a good starting point from the sellers perspective. It’s not everyone’s buying price obviously. One thing is for sure : it’s not mine and I’m fine with that… lol ! I can live without those transparent panels.
#20 (permalink)      1/13/2022 9:20:48 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
macranife
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2016
  • Posts 2165
  • Reviews 45
  • Kudos8353
+1 details
I looked at them for modding

$17 for somethin that I might inadvertantly break

in an effort to change is more acceptable than the price here

and just for reference

I bought 2 replacement (translucent) panels for the Pulse

$5.99 as a said at the begining

Plastic is plastic
#21 (permalink)      1/13/2022 9:41:41 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
blackhack
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 651
  • Reviews 69
  • Kudos473
+1 details
Plastic is plastic

Aye, but is it L33T plastic ??

As an owner of both the 60 watt DNA SXK BB and the V V Pulse all in one, I can honestly say that the pulse is the much better buy...It does everything the BB does but is cheaper, just as easy to tart up, and just as many after market parts...

I'm seriously considering selling off the BB as it'll be getting very little use in the future and I'm sure that there's a "Leetist" out there who will want to buy it just because of the hype.
Insert smart and witty comment here.....