Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

Good price
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#31 (permalink)      1/5/2022 3:04:02 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Crispycritters
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2020
  • Posts 703
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos620
+3 details
carrion4worm wrote:

Maybe the noob needs instruction on how "product threads" work. Yes, this is ONLY a thread for the 100c Hadron. That's it. Want to talk, or fuss, about something else, related or unrelated? start a thread.

You surprise me more and more with your foolishness and lack of simple understanding. That's how it's always worked, except for people like Still.me, Richy, and now I guess, you, who think EVERY thread is an excuse to detract from the intended subject, and then cry when they are lambasted for it.

You type too much. Think more, type less.

It appears you have forgotten you mentioned the Boxer as an alternative... If you insist this thread is solely about the Hadron and any mention of a different mod should appear on a different thread then why did the guy who takes it upon himself to preach to "noobs" about forum etiquette ignore these imaginary rules? Suggesting a lower cost option to the Hadron like the LV is no more breaking the imaginary rules like you chose to do.

You don't surprise me at all with your constant misunderstanding of how to comport yourself online.

Mod (Anniepan) edited on 1/6/2022 at 8:14 PM. Reason: fights
#32 (permalink)      1/5/2022 3:15:25 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4721
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2846
The Boxer as an alternative to what? That's right, comparable DNA mods.

Mod (Anniepan) edited on 1/6/2022 at 9:04 PM. Reason: Fights
What does he mean when he says words?
#33 (permalink)      1/5/2022 3:29:42 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Moldy
Verified
  • JoinedJul 2015
  • Posts 1755
  • Reviews 182
  • Kudos1815
+1 details
I don't use temp control anymore, just wattage, and I still think DNA chips are the way to go. They really stand out against the chinese boards when it comes to temp control, but there's still a difference in wattage mode when compared to chips like the sevo 70 imo. Ramp up times feel faster with the DNA and the output signal is usually closer to a flat DC current than many chinese pwm boards.

Evolv offers an unbeatable warranty for their boards which is rare. Just send your device in and they'll repair the board regardless of the device manufacturer. The boards are designed and manufactured in the USA (this is a huge deal for me) and they have nice touches like conformal coating and very good QC. Another selling point for me is the escribe software as I enjoy all the options for themes, LED color, custom battery curves, etc.

DNA boards also have exceptional lifespans. I still have old DNA 40 mods that work fine, although they lack reverse polarity protection, and my daily driver has a 6 year old DNA 75 board that works as well as it did in 2016. Some chinese boards may last that long, but I'd say its a coin flip (eg., sevo 70 failures and the countless past clone boards that melt down).

I tend to use my devices for years at a time so I appreciate having quality components that I know I can trust to function every time I push the button and not burn my house down due to shoddy design.
#34 (permalink)      1/5/2022 3:48:53 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4721
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2846
I appreciate quality too, Moldy. If others want 30.00-40.00 mods, there are TONS to choose from - but there is only one Evolv. It's a shame we can't have one thread discussing DNA chipped mods where some Yoko has to stop by and tell us that "I can buy 3 of "X" for the same price".

They should do that, and leave the discussion for the ones who take it seriously.

I have had DNA boards/mods repaired for free 5 times now, no questions asked. By my estimation, that's about 500.00 in savings. There's a reason high end mods use Evolv chips above any other - even DiCodes are a distant memory at this juncture. YIHI? Nope. All others are just revamped user interfaces on the same three or four chip architectures used for years.

Fact is, you want the best - get Evolv. I'm not going to sell it to you, but I can give lots of first hand information from the 300+ mods I own. I've had Chinese made mods literally set alight by themselves! ...but by all means, save a dollar on quality - what's losing a home compared to a good deal on a 30.00 mod, right?
#35 (permalink)      1/5/2022 4:06:14 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Still.Me
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 12714
  • Reviews 24
  • Kudos19317
+2 details
To each his own.

In 2015 onwards I only bought the SX Minis at $300 Canadian each. Not inexpensive but at the time for TC they were great mods and I owned several at a time.

I never got into DNA as I am strictly an apple user and back then they weren't very compatible. Now, I no longer care.
Press a button, vape = end of story.

I believe many of us are moving on but if you believe you will vape forever, then spend the $300+ but don't expect everyone else to who have been at this for many years now.

No one is losing their home on a $30.00 mod. No need for such dramatics.

** I would not pay $300+ now for SX Minis but that was then, this is today.

Edited on 1/5/2022 at 4:07 PM. Reason:
#36 (permalink)      1/5/2022 4:10:01 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Crispycritters
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2020
  • Posts 703
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos620
+2 details
carrion4worm wrote:

The Boxer as an alternative to what? That's right, comparable DNA mods.

Stop with all the typing. No one cares unless you know what the battery door is like, or the body construction material.

Go to whatever your preferred mod is, and start a thread for that product. Stop typing here if you have no interest. I'll bet you;ll never see me on your fave product threads.

So, of course, you just invented the rule that only the mod in question should be discussed. The Lost Vape mentioned earlier is also, 'that's right', a single 21700 mod so is just as valid a suggestion as yours.

Get over your Evolv fixation, I do have an interest in this product - but the board is only one part of the picture, it has always been fine to suggest alternatives, and no forum member has the right to dictate what alternatives may, or may not be proposed.

#37 (permalink)      1/5/2022 4:27:23 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Richy7
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 6921
  • Reviews 155
  • Kudos10314
+2 details
Post deleted by mod (Anniepan) on grounds of: fights
#38 (permalink)      1/5/2022 4:35:00 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4721
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2846
Good. Move on to your Aegis product thread or whatever. We don't need comments from the peanut gallery. Never seen the stories of home fires from Smok, Vaporesso and other Chinese mods? Look it up! There's even videos for those with reading issues.

Mod (Anniepan) edited on 1/6/2022 at 8:58 PM. Reason: fights
#39 (permalink)      1/5/2022 5:14:14 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Crispycritters
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2020
  • Posts 703
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos620
+1 details
carrion4worm wrote:

Good. Move on to your Aegis product thread or whatever. We don't need comments from the peanut gallery. Never seen the stories of home fires from Smok, Vaporesso and other Chinese mods? Look it up! There's even videos for those with reading issues.

I ask again, why are you here, if not to just argue? Hmmm? how many times can you three say the same thing in one thread?

go away, and let this thread live. Thank you. You can't be interested in this mod and not have the 100c chip be the main factor...otherwise, it's just an oversized, generic looking mod, honestly.

Take your own advice, follow your own imaginary rules, and start a dedicated DNA fanboy thread Carrion. This is a mod by a mainstream budget manufacturer - we don't need constant heckling from the pretentious seats.

#40 (permalink)      1/5/2022 5:25:47 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Troepfler
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2014
  • Posts 1929
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos975
+1 details
Sorry, I am not sure, but I think post #11 started to derail this thread.

That was the answer to:
"... I'm pretty sure that the ability to buy 3 or maybe 4 superior mods for the same price ..."

That is an other good idea, why not?

With the behavior in this thread, the thread blocks all starters questions.
#41 (permalink)      1/5/2022 5:33:08 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4721
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2846
+1 details
Post deleted by mod (Anniepan) on grounds of: Rude