[dismiss] Holiday closure: from January 27th to February 7th, 2022. Shipping and support will resume on February 8th, 2022. (details)
FastTech wishes you and yours a safe and prosperous year of Tiger 🐱.
Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

tank material ?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      12/2/2021 6:48:51 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
iggibuh
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 22
  • Reviews 4
  • Kudos9
tank material ?
Missing information as to what the tank material is ?
#2 (permalink)      12/2/2021 10:42:38 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
minimag03
  • JoinedApr 2018
  • Posts 27
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos13
No word on their website, just checked. They usually answer questions pretty quickly though. You should email them if you're really interested. I'm guessing it's some sort of acrylic.

On the other hand, this is similar to a few other boros. Cthulhu might just want to offer a cheaper option to those who don't want to use clones. I'm sure it's a quality product, but I'd pick up a Vapesnail or Bridg'd + unitank before spending $43 on this.

The lack of a 3.0 insert is also stopping me from considering this, which is usually my preferred AF in boro devices.

Edited on 12/2/2021 at 10:44 AM. Reason: spel'n
#3 (permalink)      12/2/2021 10:58:58 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
analogueman
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 2488
  • Reviews 4
  • Kudos1981
A shame FT are selling the rebuildable Boro-type tank, but (currently) not the AIO to go with it!
It's twelve inches long, but don't use it as a rule...
#4 (permalink)      12/2/2021 11:07:00 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
minimag03
  • JoinedApr 2018
  • Posts 27
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos13
+1 details
Ain't that the truth! The AIO pre-orders on other sites just got kicked back an entire month. I'd like one but I'm gonna wait to try to get it as cheap as possible. $80-$100 just seems too expensive for what it is (plus that giant AIO lasered on the side isn't helping)

I haven't noticed the 520 on other sites tho. And at least it appears that it's is ready to ship now via Fasttech.
#5 (permalink)      12/2/2021 11:51:35 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
analogueman
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 2488
  • Reviews 4
  • Kudos1981
minimag03 wrote:

Ain't that the truth! The AIO pre-orders on other sites just got kicked back an entire month. I'd like one but I'm gonna wait to try to get it as cheap as possible. $80-$100 just seems too expensive for what it is (plus that giant AIO lasered on the side isn't helping)

At least it offers more than 4.2 volts, unlike that recent Vandy Vape thing! LOL!!

It's twelve inches long, but don't use it as a rule...
#6 (permalink)      12/2/2021 12:07:18 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
minimag03
  • JoinedApr 2018
  • Posts 27
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos13
Awww crap! No way! I've loved Tony's other mods like the Pulse squonks and Swell. Thought he was smarter than that, guess not lol

I preordered one cause it was only like $25 more than buying only the RBA. Now I gotta figure out how to cancel that order...
#7 (permalink)      12/2/2021 3:00:27 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
SabreToothBunny
  • JoinedNov 2013
  • Posts 160
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos314
$1.00 rebate earned+2 details
iggibuh wrote:

Missing information as to what the tank material is ?

I asked Cthulhu about the tank material a couple of weeks ago. This was their response;

analogueman wrote:

A shame FT are selling the rebuildable Boro-type tank, but (currently) not the AIO to go with it!

To be frank, it might be better if Fasttech are a little delayed. The reason the pre-orders on other sites are delayed or sold out is because of issues with the first batch meaning work is being done on later batches. Mine came with warped doors and the door magnets were also misaligned. I sent it back and am waiting for a replacement from the new batch.
I believe Cthulhu will also be removing the rather loud 'AIO' writing on the inside panel.

Aside from that, the mod was great. It is almost the same size as the DotAIO and ignoring the door issues, the build quality was really nice and solid. The chip is also surprisingly good in TC. Wattage mode was as you'd expect; fine.
For the price, it's a great piece of kit.

As for the issues; Cthulhu offered to ship out replacement doors for free but I don't like that inner logo and I don't want stickers on my devices, like some 5 year old. I'd rather wait for a later batch. Generally, I find Cthulhu to be well above average quality for their price.

minimag03 wrote:

I'm sure it's a quality product, but I'd pick up a Vapesnail or Bridg'd + unitank before spending $43 on this.

As for the 520 RBA... I mean if you want to go down the clone route, then I'm sure the boro clones are fine but a shade over $40 is exceptional value when you consider this kit isn't just the RBA and full airflow pin set; it also includes a Nautilus and a PnP coil adapter.

Edited on 12/2/2021 at 3:10 PM. Reason:
#8 (permalink)      12/2/2021 3:27:29 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Bradley77
  • JoinedNov 2019
  • Posts 325
  • Reviews 38
  • Kudos239
+1 details
SabreToothBunny wrote:

iggibuh wrote:Missing information as to what the tank material is ?I asked Cthulhu about the tank material a couple of weeks ago. This was their response;analogueman wrote:A shame FT are selling the rebuildable Boro-type tank, but (currently) not the AIO to go with it!To be frank, it might be better if Fasttech are a little delayed. The reason the pre-orders on other sites are delayed or sold out is because of issues with the first batch meaning work is being done on later batches. Mine came with warped doors and the door magnets were also misaligned. I sent it back and am waiting for a replacement from the new batch. I believe Cthulhu will also be removing the rather loud 'AIO' writing on the inside panel.Aside from that, the mod was great. It is almost the same size as the DotAIO and ignoring the door issues, the build quality was really nice and solid. The chip is also surprisingly good in TC. Wattage mode was as you'd expect; fine.For the price, it's a great piece of kit.As for the issues; Cthulhu offered to ship out replacement doors for free but I don't like that inner logo and I don't want stickers on my devices, like some 5 year old. I'd rather wait for a later batch. Generally, I find Cthulhu to be well above average quality for their price. minimag03 wrote:I'm sure it's a quality product, but I'd pick up a Vapesnail or Bridg'd + unitank before spending $43 on this.As for the 520 RBA... I mean if you want to go down the clone route, then I'm sure the boro clones are fine but a shade over $40 is exceptional value when you consider this kit isn't just the RBA and full airflow pin set; it also includes a Nautilus and a PnP coil adapter.

Don't bother with a Vapesnail clone if ya gonna get one get the real thing, I've just got myself a Vapesnail, and yes its expensive for a boro RBA, but believe me your'll get ya monies worth because it will become your daily driver, just like me, making you not regret buying it!!!

THIS IS ENGLAND!!!
#9 (permalink)      12/2/2021 4:01:39 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
SabreToothBunny
  • JoinedNov 2013
  • Posts 160
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos314
Bradley77 wrote:

Don't bother with a Vapesnail clone if ya gonna get one get the real thing, I've just got myself a Vapesnail, and yes its expensive for a boro RBA, but believe me your'll get ya monies worth because it will become your daily driver, just like me, making you not regret buying it!!!

Cheers for that.
Speaking for myself, I was only replying to minimag03. I've had an authentic Vapesnail with the add-ons for a long while now and agree; it's very very good. I don't buy clones anymore, unless it is something impossible to get hold of.

I know there are decent clones out there but I can't be bothered playing Russian roulette finding out what is hit or miss or waiting around as consecutive batch clones get gradually worse and worse over time, missing parts or having to bin the whole thing when one small part fails and spares are unavailable.
Besides that, I don't buy much Vape gear anymore and I'd rather pay more, less frequently for something of better quality. I know not everyone has the finances but sometimes it is worth putting up without and saving for.

As for the Vapesnail's performance, I think it's pretty cheap for what considering how configurable it is. Most authentic bridges around the same price come with far less. For MTL, the chimney reducer really makes a difference, design and machining are excellent. You also get Atmizoo's exceptional Customer Service on top of that. I also use a DotShell and mine arrived with a misaligned chimney. Atmizoo sent me 2 replacement chimneys and tanks and gave me a discount on my next purchase. Any issues with a clone and you risk having to pay for return shipping costing the same price as the item itself and receive a replacement which smells distinctly of 'chinesium'.

#10 (permalink)      12/6/2021 2:58:52 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Anniepan
Staff|M|
  • JoinedNov 2016
  • Posts 11037
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos5788
Hi, iggibuh,

The tank material is PCTG. We will list the AIO to our store soon when we can get it. The factory can't offer the stock recently because they have the Exclusive Agent overseas. If we list now, our customers may need to wait a long time without an accurate ETA. Thank you.
#11 (permalink)      12/22/2021 12:01:25 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Macro
  • JoinedSep 2014
  • Posts 231
  • Reviews 8
  • Kudos99
minimag03 wrote:

Awww crap! No way! I've loved Tony's other mods like the Pulse squonks and Swell. Thought he was smarter than that, guess not lol

I preordered one cause it was only like $25 more than buying only the RBA. Now I gotta figure out how to cancel that order...

i read somewhere that it was listed wrong or people read it wrong at 4.2 volts that was the input from the battery or something not the max output to the tank

we'll see i have one on the way but 4.2 doesn't make any sense at 80w and i don't understand how that would make any more sense in some of the builds they have talked about for it