Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

A cheap upgrade that really upgrades your Billet.
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#21 (permalink)      12/12/2021 3:14:33 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4713
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2842
Yep, sounds like all the poking around damaged the ultra fragile screen ribbon connection, though it may have simply came loose. If you are in the US, a faster, cheaper option is EVOLV. Of course, it has to be a DNA60 version, not a SEVO 70.

Making a ticket at EVOLV will give you an answer in 48 hours usually. Shipping to OHIO is cheap and service is usually free.
What does he mean when he says words?
#22 (permalink)      12/12/2021 3:47:16 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
BB4444
  • JoinedDec 2021
  • Posts 23
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos11
I'm just hoping the board isn't completely fried, as Escribe will not even recognize the device. I do have a ticket into Evolv and I have also reached out to a gentleman who thinks he could fix it for me as well. Shipping within the US is much more reasonable plus it won't take so long. Thanks again for all your help.
#23 (permalink)      12/12/2021 3:56:13 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4713
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2842
Evolv will answer your ticket tomorrow, I'd bet. Your board isn't "fried" most likely, but no matter, It's an EVOLV product - so it's gonna get fixed for free. Many times they receive your package, fix the mod, and re-ship it all in one day....they have great, fast service.

I tell people all the time, but few listen. An Evolv purchase is an investment in the future. All other mods are investments in the recycling industry, lol.

Good luck, keep us posted!
#24 (permalink)      12/12/2021 3:56:12 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4713
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2842
Evolv will answer your ticket tomorrow, I'd bet. Your board isn't "fried" most likely, but no matter, It's an EVOLV product - so it's gonna get fixed for free. Many times they receive your package, fix the mod, and re-ship it all in one day....they have great, fast service.

I tell people all the time, but few listen. An Evolv purchase is an investment in the future. All other mods are investments in the recycling industry, lol.

Good luck, keep us posted!
#25 (permalink)      12/12/2021 8:07:23 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Skeeeets
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2014
  • Posts 10893
  • Reviews 257
  • Kudos6838
+1 details
Ok ok ok.... I see why this is a good upgrade....

But I reeeeeeeeeeeeaaaalllyyy have to question, is there actually THAT MANY people who have issues with the original contacts? Both my boxes(70w shit and DNA 60) have 0 zero issues with batteries installed\working or them accidentally falling out.
Knock knock, let the devil in. Malevolent as I've ever been, head is spinnin'. This medicine's screamin', "L-l-l-let us in!"
#26 (permalink)      12/12/2021 8:20:05 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
BB4444
  • JoinedDec 2021
  • Posts 23
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos11
The only "issue" I ever had with the contacts was when they were brand new. But that is a really easy fix and even if you do nothing it will work itself out after a while by just using it. I look at these as like 50% function and the other 50% as being just another cool way to customize your billet.
#27 (permalink)      12/13/2021 4:06:31 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4713
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2842
yes, tons of people hate the original contact, and how it can slide under the battery wrap, and cause tearing. simply bending the contact is fine for contact issues, but these newer versions solve both those problems with one product.

I've personally heard these two issues brought up hundreds of times...and this product is simply an answer to those cries. Most Billet users now use custom battery wraps, and don't want them destroyed during removal/insertion.

It's a cheap option for those who wanted it.

EDIT: if you don't re-wrap your batteries, and only use factory wrapped cells, you may have never experienced the tearing issue...I know I didn't.

Edited on 12/13/2021 at 4:16 AM. Reason:
#28 (permalink)      12/13/2021 11:02:18 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
BB4444
  • JoinedDec 2021
  • Posts 23
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos11
+1 details
Oh and I definitely want it. I'm going to buy 2 as soon as I have some other stuff to put together into one order. Speaking of, the SXK Mission Orbit bridge popped up this morning at another retailer.
#29 (permalink)      12/13/2021 5:45:35 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4713
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2842
Literally EVERY company in the high-end world has jumped to Boro mods...I like the Lizard Mods effort, mod-wise, and the Proto, rba-wise (SXK version for me, lol!) We will have so many options, it's embarrassing, lol!
#30 (permalink)      12/13/2021 5:58:04 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
BB4444
  • JoinedDec 2021
  • Posts 23
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos11
Yeah it's a great time to be getting into the boro world. I got my first SXK Billet and the Aspire Boxx a few months back. It's nice to see some of this stuff becoming more widely available and somewhat cheaper. The high end scene will always have its place, and so will the clones, but it's nice to sort of have a middle ground with some of the Chinese companies(VandyVape,Cthulu and others) offering an authentic product at a reasonable price. And I have an SXK Protocol Atom on the way too lol. And an SXK Orbit as soon as one of the vendors has it in stock ships next day.
#31 (permalink)      12/13/2021 5:58:05 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
BB4444
  • JoinedDec 2021
  • Posts 23
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos11
Yeah it's a great time to be getting into the boro world. I got my first SXK Billet and the Aspire Boxx a few months back. It's nice to see some of this stuff becoming more widely available and somewhat cheaper. The high end scene will always have its place, and so will the clones, but it's nice to sort of have a middle ground with some of the Chinese companies(VandyVape,Cthulu and others) offering an authentic product at a reasonable price. And I have an SXK Protocol Atom on the way too lol. And an SXK Orbit as soon as one of the vendors has it in stock ships next day.