Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

A cheap upgrade that really upgrades your Billet.
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      12/6/2021 5:00:14 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4713
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2842
+1 details
A cheap upgrade that really upgrades your Billet.
About time! Thanks, YFTK! These have been around in different forms forever, but this latest edition, of which the original is currently making the rounds in private FB groups, is a step better than all versions before it. Those who have complained about the Neg. Contact bending, losing contact, or tearing battery wraps have a cheap fix! And the thumb wheel is on-the-fly adjustable, to allow for different cell heights. Remove the two upper screws on the back of your Billet, slide out the original metal strip, and install your new thumb-wheel Contact....Simple!

A great addition...I've ordered three! Review upon arrival.

Edited on 12/6/2021 at 5:00 PM. Reason:
What does he mean when he says words?
#2 (permalink)      12/6/2021 6:02:58 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
BB4444
  • JoinedDec 2021
  • Posts 23
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos11
Looks like a great addition. You seem knowledgeable on the SXK Billets. I just received a white 2021 dna version and am having some trouble. Upon putting a battery in the wattage just automatically scrolls to 1. After investigating the screen side the up and down buttons are fine. However when I removed the inner on the button side it was clear the whole board is sitting somewhat crooked. I can put it back into place so when the inner is screwed down it isn't contacting the down button anymore but now the ribbon going up to the fire button sits crooked and when I screw down the inner screws it sort of forces the top of that ribbon to slide to the left to where part is actually visible. It obviously will not fire in this this way as it the ribbon needs to be pretty well centered. Any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated. Sorry for the long post.
#3 (permalink)      12/6/2021 6:35:18 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4713
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2842
$0.50 rebate earned+1 details
I have had Billets with "floaty" chips, but that's probably not your issue...as you have noticed, the adjustment buttons are separate from the Chip, and it kinda sounds like your button placement is off-center or out-of-line...simply installing a battery should cause nothing to happen, UNTIL the fire button, or adj. buttons are pressed...

That means the button (i guess the "minus" button) is being activated, somehow. I would carefully take apart the screen side, remove the screws, the cover, and the red gasket...clean all, and carefully re-install...put the buttons in the cover then place the red gasket over top...install slowly, checking that the buttons are clicky and free...

The screen ribbon is a no-no...it has no bearing on the buttons, so stay away from that! You will do more damage than needed, and the button situation will remain. The only other reason I can think of is juice/liquid coating the electronics and causing malfunctions....though that usually only happens with Sevo 70 chipsets.

If you need more help, I'll answer you....good luck!
#4 (permalink)      12/6/2021 6:51:35 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
BB4444
  • JoinedDec 2021
  • Posts 23
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos11
+1 details
Wow. Thanks for the quick reply. I think I'm not explaining my situation very well. This was a brand new out of the box Billet. I got a battery in. Hit the fire button once and as soon as the board woke up it scrolled all the way down to 1 watt. Since taking the button side inner apart that is no longer an issue, which tells me the negative button on the actual board(fire button side) was being pressed on by the inner due to the board placement being off. Its funny you referred to some boards as "floaty" bc that is exactly how I would describe mine. It doesnt seem to want to sit down into the right spot which leaves the inner slightly aschew. Even when I get the inner back on pretty close to how it should be the little ribbon going up to the fire button will not sit where it should in that little rounded out groove under the actual button. I realize those ribbons(both going to screen and fire button are very delicate. I'm tempted to try and glue that ribbon in place under the fire button. I really don't want to have to send this thing back and deal with all that. I can upload pictures if that might help. Thanks
#5 (permalink)      12/7/2021 12:13:17 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Gigirat67
Verified
  • JoinedDec 2016
  • Posts 467
  • Reviews 123
  • Kudos241
+1 details
carrion4worm wrote:

About time! Thanks, YFTK! ...

Thanks C4W , I had overlooked this item and you brought it back for me. Very useful indeed...

#6 (permalink)      12/7/2021 12:21:59 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4713
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2842
BB4444 wrote:

Wow. Thanks for the quick reply. I think I'm not explaining my situation very well. This was a brand new out of the box Billet. I got a battery in. Hit the fire button once and as soon as the board woke up it scrolled all the way down to 1 watt. Since taking the button side inner apart that is no longer an issue, which tells me the negative button on the actual board(fire button side) was being pressed on by the inner due to the board placement being off. Its funny you referred to some boards as "floaty" bc that is exactly how I would describe mine. It doesnt seem to want to sit down into the right spot which leaves the inner slightly aschew. Even when I get the inner back on pretty close to how it should be the little ribbon going up to the fire button will not sit where it should in that little rounded out groove under the actual button. I realize those ribbons(both going to screen and fire button are very delicate. I'm tempted to try and glue that ribbon in place under the fire button. I really don't want to have to send this thing back and deal with all that. I can upload pictures if that might help. Thanks

yes. photos might help. The dna 60 chip has grooves cut along each side, used as mounting rails. They are easily broken off, which can cause the chip to slightly float. That's not the only reason, but a common one over the years. When everything is in it's place properly, you should get no real problems from a floaty chip...which is what you will have to do, it seems.

It sounds like you solved the wattage adjustment button problem, am I hearing that correctly? If so, great. All I can tell you, without photos, is that normally the fire button switch doesn't move. You may have loosened it, so glue could help. Usually, if mine come loose, i just put it in place, and place the panel/button on top, and lock it down...no problems. (hopefully this will work for you)

Photos could help, good luck!

Edited on 12/7/2021 at 12:27 AM. Reason:
#7 (permalink)      12/7/2021 11:46:14 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
BB4444
  • JoinedDec 2021
  • Posts 23
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos11
It does not appear that my board is mounted to anything, other than the wires that are soldered to it. Definitely nothing in those mounting grooves. Nothing is broken on the board either. It appears that the floating board is what is causing all of these problems as I can't even get the panel screwed down in the proper way to allow the door to outer door to fit on. I have plenty of pictures but can't figure out how to post them here. Sorry for hijacking your thread here too, I've lurked these boards for a long time and your name jumped out at me as someone who could possibly help.
#8 (permalink)      12/7/2021 12:05:02 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
blackhack
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 651
  • Reviews 69
  • Kudos473
Use https://imgbb.com/ to upload your photos then use the "Forum" settings for the link, which you just post here....
Insert smart and witty comment here.....
#9 (permalink)      12/7/2021 12:12:12 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
BB4444
  • JoinedDec 2021
  • Posts 23
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos11
https://ibb.co/ySjrHQ5
https://ibb.co/mrjyVS4
https://ibb.co/tQVtF11
https://ibb.co/fpgqPnk
https://ibb.co/X76TJfd
https://ibb.co/BTbpL8X
https://ibb.co/bLfXdjL
#10 (permalink)      12/7/2021 12:15:47 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
BB4444
  • JoinedDec 2021
  • Posts 23
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos11
Didnt see an option for "forum". Hope that worked.
#11 (permalink)      12/7/2021 12:59:21 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
blackhack
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 651
  • Reviews 69
  • Kudos473
Use the BB Code (Bulletin Code in the dropdown menu...FULL LINKED)

And you should get something like this....

Edited on 12/7/2021 at 1:04 PM. Reason:
Insert smart and witty comment here.....