Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

ONLY 4.2V output ?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#61 (permalink)      12/9/2021 8:51:48 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
dwcraig1
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 375
  • Reviews 7
  • Kudos241
+1 details
It seems to me that folks are confusing the listed operating voltage of 3.2 - 4.2 volts as output voltage. I don't have one to test it but surely this is input voltage to the board.
Also it must surely be buck/ boost as using a 3 ohm coil would be less than 6 watts output.
Really, am I the only one seeing this?

Edited on 12/9/2021 at 8:54 PM. Reason:
#62 (permalink)      12/9/2021 9:16:25 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Troepfler
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2014
  • Posts 1929
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos975
dwcraig1 wrote:

It seems to me that folks are confusing the listed operating voltage of 3.2 - 4.2 volts as output voltage. I don't have one to test it but surely this is input voltage to the board.Also it must surely be buck/ boost as using a 3 ohm coil would be less than 6 watts output. Really, am I the only one seeing this?

Perhaps read the thread first?

#63 (permalink)      12/9/2021 9:24:34 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
djvillan
Verified
dwcraig1 wrote:

It seems to me that folks are confusing the listed operating voltage of 3.2 - 4.2 volts as output voltage. Really, am I the only one seeing this?

Only one YT vape 'reviewer' made that mistake, us real vapers didn't.

#64 (permalink)      12/9/2021 9:44:37 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
dwcraig1
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 375
  • Reviews 7
  • Kudos241
+1 details
I read the entire thread then went back through it prior to posting, even watched a couple of YT videos on the subject. My conclusion is "what a waste of time bringing anything to the table here at this forum"

Edited on 12/9/2021 at 9:45 PM. Reason:
#65 (permalink)      12/9/2021 9:46:20 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Troepfler
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2014
  • Posts 1929
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos975
Crispycritters wrote:

Troepfler wrote:

Crispycritters wrote:
... personally I find adding an extra wrap or two to coils made with of narrower gauge wires can give the same coil to cotton contact and vapour production of a regular coil made with thicker wires, but because it has less mass it will heat and cool faster and be less likely to cause the tank to overheat and cook the juice ...

Tell me your next story tomorrow.

Edited on 12/9/2021 at 9:55 PM. Reason: typo
#66 (permalink)      12/9/2021 9:49:53 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Troepfler
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2014
  • Posts 1929
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos975
dwcraig1 wrote:

I read the entire thread then went back through it prior to posting, even watched a couple of YT videos on the subject. My conclusion is "what a waste of time bringing anything to the table here at this forum"

Whats your solution?

#67 (permalink)      12/9/2021 9:56:55 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
dwcraig1
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 375
  • Reviews 7
  • Kudos241
Make my posts elsewhere.
#68 (permalink)      12/9/2021 10:01:50 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Crispycritters
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2020
  • Posts 742
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos656
Troepfler wrote:

Crispycritters wrote:Troepfler wrote:...Crispycritters wrote:... personally I find adding an extra wrap or two to coils made with of narrower gauge wires can give the same coil to cotton contact and vapour production of a regular coil made with thicker wires, but because it has less mass it will heat and cool faster and be less likely to cause the tank to overheat and cook the juice ...Tell me your next story tomorrow.

I don't see the point. You asked a specific question and I answered it, unfortunately I get the impression you didn't understand it.

Stick with what you know and pretend it is 2014 forever.

#69 (permalink)      12/9/2021 10:20:37 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Troepfler
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2014
  • Posts 1929
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos975
Do you mean my post #55 or 58?

CC, I think, I have seen too many hypes about mods and atties,
and specially about wires, cotton, juice and coil constructions.
#70 (permalink)      12/9/2021 10:58:49 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4790
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2876
dwcraig1 wrote:

It seems to me that folks are confusing the listed operating voltage of 3.2 - 4.2 volts as output voltage. I don't have one to test it but surely this is input voltage to the board.Also it must surely be buck/ boost as using a 3 ohm coil would be less than 6 watts output. Really, am I the only one seeing this?

No, but I know what you are trying to get at.... If the company's own website has erroneous info, how can you trust your math? Who knows if 3 ohm max is correct, right? I've been here through the thread, read every post, and haven't seen anyone confuse anything...except for Troepler, who confuses EVERYTHING. You are assuming that all the info is correct, which is the very thing being discussed---that it isn't.

Anyway, it's old news. Boost, 6 volt max output.

Personally, when I want more output voltage, I remove a wrap from my coil.

Sorry.

What does he mean when he says words?
#71 (permalink)      12/9/2021 11:17:30 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Crispycritters
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2020
  • Posts 742
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos656

To make an informed decision if mods, different style atties, wires, coil construction are hyped or not then you really have to try them first. They may not be for you, but you'll never know until you try. Unfortunately to do this you probably need to buy a regulated mod with buck boost to get the best from higher ohm builds and some smaller atties - but I wouldn't buy this to experiment with as a regular mod with a 510 will run all your current atties and be a lot less expensive.

Regulated mods obviously won't have the lifespan of a mech, but like all vape gear there are always older mods sold on clearance if you shop around the Chinese sites and online discounters.