Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

Hellvape, move on and come up with something new
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      10/28/2021 7:58:48 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
zarck
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2015
  • Posts 209
  • Reviews 115
  • Kudos128
+1 details
RDAs still have a purpose for us that make our own juice. Such a waste to fill a tank just to taste test.

Although I still prefer my derringer clones, just wished that they were still in production and development.

Got a dead rabbit v2 that I hardly ever use, would rather get the new dead rabbit R rta If I were to get anything from hellvape...
#12 (permalink)      10/28/2021 8:55:32 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Walker65
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2015
  • Posts 377
  • Reviews 14
  • Kudos218
+1 details
Just bring back the SQ already. Maybe a 24mm version. It blew away the standard DR dual coil for flavour.
#13 (permalink)      10/28/2021 10:13:57 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
MotoBlue
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 4888
  • Reviews 30
  • Kudos4818
+2 details
No body says Volkswagen are flogging a dead horse producing a Golf 37 years after introducing the first Golf. I fail to see why Hellvape cannot continue to fine tune the design of the Dead Rabbit. I am sure there are plenty of potential customers who weren't around to buy the original.
Over a thousand squonk products available at Fasttech
#14 (permalink)      10/28/2021 10:36:02 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
philipvdb
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2016
  • Posts 2820
  • Reviews 36
  • Kudos4531
Dead Rabbit v1 is still one of my all-time favorites and even if I dont really think it needs improvement, why not try? New is not always better but in some cases it is. It took the orchid 4 versions to be perfect at that time. Same for the Gt4.
We can't agree on everything.
#15 (permalink)      10/28/2021 10:37:32 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5785
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos4139
+1 details
"No body says Volkswagen are flogging a dead horse producing a Golf 37 years after introducing the first Golf. I fail to see why Hellvape cannot continue to fine tune the design of the Dead Rabbit. I am sure there are plenty of potential customers who weren't around to buy the original."

That is a really good point. I am not sure why I definitely don't see the dead rabbit series in anything near the same light as iconic automobiles. Maybe it is because it was some what designed by heathen who kind of more or less got paid and left. Yet I personally don't know off the top of my head if any auto designers have done that or not and if it would matter in the same way to me. This definitely made me think though regardless.

Honestly I don't really care about heathen one way or the other. I just see the new products coming out as nothing to do with the first dead rabbit other then Hellvape had success with that product and they hope to have success with these products.

This dead rabbit RDA, the V3 definitely was born from the first RDA, keep the name on it is my opinion. Also I would buy this RDA, my first dead rabbit is broken and this one is a big improvement over that. The subtank the dead rabbit R tank, and then the RTA with the fat rabbit name though, what is the point in that?

The eclipse from Mike vapes, tiny little branding lightly on the chimney looks classy. Big childish font on the Fat rabbit and a little rabbit face does nothing good for it. An that is a shame because the Fat Rabbit is a pretty damn good tank, at a very good price.

I guess part of it for me is that Hellvape is so out of touch with what the majority of us want branding wise. They make a good product, but branding is awful. With vape products you carry them so much, they are around with you so much I feel like this stuff matters.
#16 (permalink)      11/2/2021 6:16:26 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
JTL_1976
Verified
  • JoinedMar 2019
  • Posts 42
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos16
+1 details
Has anybody noticed that these have been listed on our most used overseas retail sites for less than a week and already they are "out of stock" or even "discontinued"??? Makes me wonder if that many people worldwide still love the DR series, especially the RDAs, or if Hellvape had second thoughts about this project due to some functional issues with the device or some other reason.

I still enjoy my OG Dead Rabbits and SQs, picked up a couple of the V2s, have the RTA & V2, and even got myself a Fat Rabbit RTA based on the good reviews. Heathen was one of the pioneers in the review game and to collab with a big Chinese company. Nobody knows exactly why he left, and came back, and left, and came back, and left... lol. He's a home state boy, and I respect his day job (Philadelphia Fire Fighter), and he has a family. I can't say that I agree with how he has come and gone from YT, but good for him if he's still getting a few bucks in royalties from Hellvape for everything that sells with a Dead Rabbit name on it. Also Hellvape owns the name and has continued to put out well functioning devices, so you can't fault them (too much) for carrying on with a well selling line of products.

That being said, I laughed when I saw this being listed on sites that I check out frequently. I feel the same way as most of the comments I've read here. Enough is enough, especially following so close after the Fat Rabbit RTA, which actually is very good. Maybe a single coil V2 version (SQ2) would have been appropriate (and I would most likely jump at that in a heartbeat), since releases of good mass produced single coil RDAs (not high end or clones) are few and far between. But DR, DRV2, DRV2SE, and now the DRV3??? Ugh, I've actually had enough and won't be getting one of these. I do like the round post design and some decent juice well, but that's about all I see here. This is probably what the Dead Rabbit V2 should have been, and I would have been all over it if this is what they released at that time. But having the V2, and a Hellbeast, and a plethora of other good dual coil RDAs, this isn't something that I'm going to spend any more money on.
#17 (permalink)      11/2/2021 7:15:32 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4713
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2842
Some people here are just "hanging around", despite losing (or never having) their interest in vaping. Of course there is nothing wrong with a simple "V3" of a product - Billets are on Revision 4, Taifun is working on a GT5, and there are several versions of dozens of popular products that are past a third iteration.

The real problem is the users that have lost their passion as a "vape hobbyist"....which of course is fine- even "normal" to some degree - but this forum is about love of vaping, not constant beratement.

This is no doubt reflected by the popularity of RTAs. they are simpler overall to use, which of course lessens user interaction with your vape, thereby creating a "stale" feeling, which results in threads like this.

I suggest - to anyone who has lost passion for building, collecting, or just keeping up with the industry - to buy themselves a Billet Box or preferably a nice squonk and rda combo...they are better, imo, at keeping the vaper involved with their vape. Sure, they can be much more frustrating, but for some, they need a challenge, not just an electronic cigarette.
What does he mean when he says words?
#18 (permalink)      11/2/2021 7:55:07 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
zarck
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2015
  • Posts 209
  • Reviews 115
  • Kudos128
+1 details
carrion4worm wrote:

Some people here are just "hanging around", despite losing (or never having) their interest in vaping.

Think that you're wrong in your assumption. With time comes experience and hence not buying into everything just because they made a minor alteration that you by experience can tell not giving that much of a difference from previous versions.

I still make my own wire combos, builds, and even e-juice. But I am also a nicotine addict so yes, sometimes a ready-made coil and tank that just works might be preferable.

#19 (permalink)      11/2/2021 8:30:31 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4713
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2842
zarck wrote:

carrion4worm wrote:
Some people here are just "hanging around", despite losing (or never having) their interest in vaping.

Think that you're wrong in your assumption. With time comes experience and hence not buying into everything just because they made a minor alteration that you by experience can tell not giving that much of a difference from previous versions.

I still make my own wire combos, builds, and even e-juice. But I am also a nicotine addict so yes, sometimes a ready-made coil and tank that just works might be preferable.

Of course I'm not "wrong", as you say - you feel it doesn't apply to you. Not the same thing. This forum is full of people that don't care as much as time moves on - you can call it whatever name you want to give it. All the threads slagging others is an indication of being bored with the reason they originally came here.

I don't mind giving names, but even though you don't contribute much, I bet you have read a post or two from some of them.

#20 (permalink)      11/2/2021 8:47:45 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Gigirat67
Verified
  • JoinedDec 2016
  • Posts 467
  • Reviews 123
  • Kudos241
+1 details
« The real problem is the users that have lost their passion as a "vape hobbyist"....which of course is fine- even "normal" to some degree - but this forum is about love of vaping, not constant beratement. « 

That’s only one of the real problems.
Another real problem is not much innovative designs... it’s the way traditional industries operate : when nothing new to offer make something old look new. Is it a legitimate point to make ? Yes it is.

It doesn’t mean you are wrong, it’s just that you look at it from a very narrow perspective. But that’s ok we all do that one way or the other.
And you are correct about all the agressive trolling that goes on but that’s another subject altogether

Edited on 11/2/2021 at 8:51 AM. Reason:
#21 (permalink)      11/2/2021 9:10:50 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4713
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2842
Gigirat67 wrote:

« The real problem is the users that have lost their passion as a "vape hobbyist"....which of course is fine- even "normal" to some degree - but this forum is about love of vaping, not constant beratement. « 

That’s only one of the real problems.
Another real problem is not much innovative designs... it’s the way traditional industries operate : when nothing new to offer make something old look new. Is it a legitimate point to make ? Yes it is.

It doesn’t mean you are wrong, it’s just that you look at it from a very narrow perspective. But that’s ok we all do that one way or the other.
And you are correct about all the aggressive trolling that goes on but that’s another subject altogether

No, you are right. I only gave one reason, as I don't have all day, lol. It kind of seems you and the previous poster are mixing in "buying habits" to the conversation, which I feel is inconsequential...many vapers don't buy lots of products, yet refrain from bitching about obvious "mainstream" products and bad-mouthing anything they don't own...I think in 2 to 3 years, the products coming out will be so sparce, there will be no choice but to "not buy stuff"