[dismiss] Holiday closure: from January 27th to February 7th, 2022. Shipping and support will resume on February 8th, 2022. (details)
FastTech wishes you and yours a safe and prosperous year of Tiger 🐱.
Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

Drip tip
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      12/4/2021 12:07:56 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Troepfler
  • JoinedJan 2014
  • Posts 1782
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos927
carrion4worm wrote:

Barry55 wrote:
Shipping rates for the thallo driptip is hurting my wallet.. Maybe i need to wait more till its availeble here on FT or in European countries, there is one in Germany but only sending in Germany only.
Hi Barry. May be for the best, as I'm pretty sure those "Thallo" tips would not cover a Billet's 510 nut anyway. There are plenty of tips available with a flared base - for example, the recently released Monarch tips.

What a big problem with (some) AIOs just about the DT ...
But step up to 8V at e.g. 60W.
With my mech mods I have only 4.2V but much more Watts if desired.
I see sometimes in US television, the boys on the street with the very very big clouds.
Are they using AIOs, regulated mods or mechs?

#12 (permalink)      12/4/2021 1:04:15 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Crispycritters
  • JoinedOct 2020
  • Posts 454
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos424
+1 details
A totally different style of vaping. The 8V output means you aren't committed to low ohm vaping for RDL or DL vaping. Its simply more versatile and the wattage won't drop as the battery discharges - dial in what you want and that is what you get for every hit until the battery is close to dead.

60W doesn't sound like much, but its plenty for a single coil boro type device. It isn't meant to be a cloud chucker.
#13 (permalink)      12/4/2021 2:05:08 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Troepfler
  • JoinedJan 2014
  • Posts 1782
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos927
Crispycritters wrote:

A totally different style of vaping. The 8V output means you aren't committed to low ohm vaping for RDL or DL vaping. Its simply more versatile and the wattage won't drop as the battery discharges - dial in what you want and that is what you get for every hit until the battery is close to dead.

60W doesn't sound like much, but its plenty for a single coil boro type device. It isn't meant to be a cloud chucker.

Yes, understand this.
But that means for the starters:
I can put every stupid nice coil in it, lets wait for the electronics to manage it, yes I want 8V.
I think they are too stupid to use a mech mod.

Edited on 12/4/2021 at 2:13 PM. Reason:
#14 (permalink)      12/4/2021 3:20:51 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Crispycritters
  • JoinedOct 2020
  • Posts 454
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos424
+1 details
Troepfler wrote:

.Yes, understand this.But that means for the starters:I can put every stupid nice coil in it, lets wait for the electronics to manage it, yes I want 8V.I think they are too stupid to use a mech mod.

I'm not convinced you really understand it.

The 8 volts (9 volts actually as this uses a DNA60 board) is not to boost wattage output, or to make it more suitable for high mass, low ohm complex coils. It is to provide versatility. Bridges for boro devices are available to suit anything from tight MTL through to DL, there are a wide variety of vapers in every categpry whose preference of types and mass of coils, resistance, materials and power settings all differ. The ability to boost voltage to 9 Volts (even though most vapers won't actually use it) is part of what makes it so versatile. Yes - it can accept many different types of coils, but this isn't to appeal to novices, it is to make it suitable for more discerning (and demanding) experienced vapers who want to fine tune their vape to their exact requirements. To do this a sophisticated board is a must.

I like mechs, still use them frequently, and have a large collection of single tubes, stacked tubes, parallel, series and para-series mods. But they are all one trick ponies and are as subtle as a hammer. The one word that nobody uses to describe them is versatile.

You are mistaken if you think rebuildable boro style devices are aimed at 'starters' because it has the convenience of a boost circuit. The entire reason for the popularity of devices like this has gone right over your head.

#15 (permalink)      12/4/2021 4:53:32 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Troepfler
  • JoinedJan 2014
  • Posts 1782
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos927
+1 details
First thanks about your time to explain that.
Yes, I think I know all this.

In the last weeks I saw a lot of questions about: will that fit?
Perhaps a part of the game?

I think I have lots RDAs and different coils for the full live of vaping.
#16 (permalink)      12/5/2021 4:32:09 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
djvillan
+1 details
carrion4worm wrote:

Hi Barry. May be for the best, as I'm pretty sure those "Thallo" tips would not cover a Billet's 510 nut anyway. There are plenty of tips available with a flared base - for example, the recently released Monarch tips.

As I no longer have a Billet Box or a Bantam Box the best I can do to see if the Thallo drip tips fit or not is give the measurements.

It's 14mm od at the base, 1mm id, 9mm od of the drip tip connector with o-rings, 1.5mm diameter gap between the drip tip connector to the internal diameter of the base.

#17 (permalink)      12/9/2021 9:50:18 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Barry55
  • JoinedNov 2016
  • Posts 34
  • Reviews 11
  • Kudos6
+1 details
@Troepfler
Your not the only one who's own/owned a lot of vape stuff. I also spended more then a month salary to vape stuff only here on FT in my 10+ years of vaping. i dont give a damn about clouds or volts or whatever anymore. i like low wattages and a comfortable warm vape. But back to topic i was asking a question about drip tips and nothing about voltages or clouds. And thats whats forums are for right, asking a question about a product/item ?

@djvillan thnx for the measurements and advice mate, yesterday i also received the answer that is not covering the nut of a BB.

@Crispycritters thnx to u 2 i will keep searching for the tips you suggested.
#18 (permalink)      12/9/2021 2:35:52 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4195
  • Reviews 281
  • Kudos2554
+1 details
Hi Barry, I think you were referring to me, and since you brought this thread "Back from the Dead"(tm), I thought I'd elaborate on Drip tip options a little more, since it sounds like you're still looking....

SKU 9661088 is a good one. Will cover the 510 nut's diameter exactly, is cheap, and is available in different colors, just check the drop-down menu.

SKU 9694483 is a 4 pack of SteamTuner clone tips. Low profile, good details and materials, exact same O.D. as the 510 nut. If you look around, you might find the single tip you want available.

SKU 9696580 is a 3 pack of classy flared "volcano" tips, are suitable for lots of applications, and are pleasant to vape on. I know there are singles available of these, but you'll have to search. The widest base of all, which CAN be unsightly with a proud 510 nut.

All these options range from $2 to $10, roughly. All are suitable for most vape styles. Check them out, maybe something will suit you.

Good luck.
What does he mean when he says words?
#19 (permalink)      12/9/2021 4:54:54 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Barry55
  • JoinedNov 2016
  • Posts 34
  • Reviews 11
  • Kudos6
The second one is probably the one im looking for, covering the bb nut en flush with the housing.
#20 (permalink)      12/9/2021 5:25:34 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4195
  • Reviews 281
  • Kudos2554
Barry55 wrote:

The second one is probably the one im looking for, covering the bb nut en flush with the housing.

Quick, crappy photo, but it should give you an idea of how they look...these are a good choice for slightly proud nuts as well. As long as you don't need a long, straw-like drip tip, I think you'll like them.

What does he mean when he says words?
#21 (permalink)      12/9/2021 7:39:07 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
th3drag0n1
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 107
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos56
+1 details
The drip tip from the Serpent Mini sits flush also.