shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING
5-pack

Are V.V coils any good? Why 6 wraps?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#91 (permalink)      7/28/2021 7:58:51 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 3594
  • Reviews 280
  • Kudos2252
+1 details
djvillan wrote:

carrion4worm wrote:
DJ is making you guys look BAD. Sure, he was wrong originally, but he was willing to listen to reason, came up with the solution all on his own, in about 10 minutes. And now he is much wiser for it!

Some of you are still arguing this simple LAW that you should know, 10 hours later. It's not "Ohm's Suggestion", folks!I wasn't wrong to begin with. I said remove one wrap and the resistance lowers.

Why you always have to turn threads into pages of arguing, name calling, wrong assumptions and self aggrandizing is beyond me and others.

Yeah, I control what others post. You HAVE posted wrong info about many premade coils. on this forum. Adding a wrap does NOTHING, removing a wrap does NOTHING. CUTTING the wire is what does it. You HAVE made this error MANY times on this forum. Why do you think Richy is so confused? He looks up to you. Which is great, but post correct info.

If you want to call it semantics, go ahead...But people on here like CRISPY are STILL wrong about it NOW. I realize you have seen your errors.

What does he mean when he says words?
#92 (permalink)      7/28/2021 9:02:18 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
djvillan
+2 details
carrion4worm wrote:

Yeah, I control what others post. You HAVE posted wrong info about many premade coils. on this forum. Adding a wrap does NOTHING, removing a wrap does NOTHING. CUTTING the wire is what does it. You HAVE made this error MANY times on this forum. Why do you think Richy is so confused? He looks up to you. Which is great, but post correct info.

If you want to call it semantics, go ahead...But people on here like CRISPY are STILL wrong about it NOW. I realize you have seen your errors.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgPDW0ZpgJU
#93 (permalink)      7/28/2021 11:15:02 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Crispycritters
  • JoinedOct 2020
  • Posts 256
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos248
+3 details
carrion4worm wrote:

Also, adding or removing a wrap on a premade coil will change the size of the coil, but not the resistance. Usually just trimming the legs on a coil doesn't make much difference.Okay, what's wrong, good friend?

Hey Cartman - this is the post that everyone has called you out on - you made the reference to "cutting wires" much later in the thread - after you took the opportunity to ridicule any that questioned you, puff up your chest and decree your wisdom.

Read it - if you care to explain why this is accurate I'd love to hear it - particularly why yoiu clearly stated trimming the wires doesnt make much difference - and then you did an explicable U-turn and started ranting obviously cutting wires makes a difference.

Come on Cartman, shit or get off the pot - trimming doesn't make a difference, but cutting does? Where is this written in Ohms Fables. To trim off the excess leads makes no difference, but cutting off the excess legs leads does?

What if you unwind a leg and trim off the excess leg length? Does Ohms Fables confirm the resistance doesn't change?

Please explain...

#94 (permalink)      7/28/2021 11:27:38 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Crispycritters
  • JoinedOct 2020
  • Posts 256
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos248
+3 details
Where can I find these non-cutting ohm-stabilizing trimming shears?

I'd love to remove wraps, trim the excess without cutting to comply with Ohms Fables.
#95 (permalink)      7/29/2021 5:50:41 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 3594
  • Reviews 280
  • Kudos2252
+1 details
If you can't read or comprehend, I can't help you. I've read all your posts, and watched as everyone has slowly come to my side.

That's all I wanted. No gloating or name calling necessary.

Resistance is in the length. Re arranging a coils shape will do nothing, contrary to you and Ty's wishes.

Resistance is in the metal, do you understand?

Jesus.
#96 (permalink)      7/29/2021 5:53:45 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 3594
  • Reviews 280
  • Kudos2252
+1 details
If crispy can't manage to unwrap a coil Without cutting, he must be disabled. It's quite easy, TY, you and I discussed this already. Please read the entirety of my TWO posts on PAGE 1, where I clearly lay out the rules of Ohms Law.

Add metal, raise resistance

Subtract metal, lower resis.

If you CUT you change resistance, simply rewrapping a coil, as you originally argue, is impossible. The pre cut length is already set. Only cutting will change the resistance. And yes, the internal diameter of the coil would change....

Edited on 7/29/2021 at 6:00 AM. Reason:
#97 (permalink)      7/29/2021 6:26:53 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Richy7
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 6666
  • Reviews 155
  • Kudos9860
+1 details

Edited on 7/29/2021 at 6:29 AM. Reason:
#98 (permalink)      7/29/2021 7:04:49 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Still.Me
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 11571
  • Reviews 22
  • Kudos17807
+3 details
carrion4worm wrote:

and watched as everyone has slowly come to my side.

You're delusional.

It's almost as if GPH61 has been resurrected.

#99 (permalink)      7/29/2021 7:37:00 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 3594
  • Reviews 280
  • Kudos2252
+1 details
Exactly, Richy! Even You finally understood once you stopped "ROFL" and started listening. I don't know why Crispy and TY are so dead set against science....

Republicans? Lol, idk.
#100 (permalink)      7/29/2021 7:46:44 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 3594
  • Reviews 280
  • Kudos2252
+1 details
You know a technical vaping thread has " jumped the shark" when the trolls just come to attack. Still.me is no vaping enthusiast, and knows little to nothing about resistanc

Gotta go, bye.
#101 (permalink)      7/29/2021 7:54:23 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Crispycritters
  • JoinedOct 2020
  • Posts 256
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos248
carrion4worm wrote:

If crispy can't manage to unwrap a coil Without cutting, he must be disabled. It's quite easy, TY, you and I discussed this already. Please read the entirety of my TWO posts on PAGE 1, where I clearly lay out the rules of Ohms Law.Add metal, raise resistanceSubtract metal, lower resis.If you CUT you change resistance, simply rewrapping a coil, as you originally argue, is impossible. The pre cut length is already set. Only cutting will change the resistance. And yes, the internal diameter of the coil would change....

OK I just checked this

Add metal, raise resistance - I just added metal by using the same length of thicker wire which had more mass. The resistance dropped

Subtract metal, lower resistance - I subtracted metal by using the same length of thinner wire which had less mass. The resistance in creased.

I used Kanthal A1 for this test and the results were the opposite of what you claimed.]P.s. I took your earlier advice and just trimmed away the excess wire being extremely careful not to cut - as I'm now aware trimming makes little difference but cutting would totally screw things up