shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

Status..??
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#51 (permalink)      7/25/2021 7:29:02 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Tony215
  • JoinedMar 2020
  • Posts 406
  • Reviews 11
  • Kudos92
+1 details
Holy shit! I made one damn Seinfeld reference.. And this is the madness and hostility that ensues..Lol, So.., MOVING ON.., nobody knows what's going to happen with this missed opportunity mod... Okay.. Oh well.. Hope it comes back..

Anyone have an opinion of the Stratum Balance compared to the Insider sbs..?

Or, how about that new Penon mod..?? Its delrin... But kinda ..eh., and, why THAT mod..? So many better ones out there to clone.. (Cough.. Hellfire Shadow..cough...Palm Plus..cough..)

Edited on 7/25/2021 at 7:29 PM. Reason:
#52 (permalink)      7/25/2021 11:19:58 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
djvillan
+1 details
The Insider sbs has a 23mm diameter atty limit and a 510 that can break easily. The Balance sbs fire and +/- buttons can be hard to locate without having to look for them, it holds attys up to 25mm and can used as an 18350 or 18650 mod but it's too small and uncomfortable to hold in shorty mode.

I prefer the Flexy which is more comfortable than the Balance thanks to it's ergonomic design but it's limited to 22mm attys and the ends of the =/- button sticks out which can be slightly uncomfortable for some. So if given a choice I'd get a CinqueTerre first, then the Insider, the Flexy and lastly the Balance.

Agreed, the Penon mod looks meh. Nothing new or exciting about it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgPDW0ZpgJU
#53 (permalink)      7/26/2021 2:19:25 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 3601
  • Reviews 280
  • Kudos2253
Tony215 wrote:

Holy shit! I made one damn Seinfeld reference.. And this is the madness and hostility that ensues..Lol, So.., MOVING ON.., nobody knows what's going to happen with this missed opportunity mod... Okay.. Oh well.. Hope it comes back.. Anyone have an opinion of the Stratum Balance compared to the Insider sbs..? Or, how about that new Penon mod..?? Its delrin... But kinda ..eh., and, why THAT mod..? So many better ones out there to clone.. (Cough.. Hellfire Shadow..cough...Palm Plus..cough..)

I know Tony, you would have thought that you made some long winded tyrannical assault on the BBC or something...I don't know.

But, this mod? It's probably history. The mod has been run, the molds, programs, and jigs on the manufacturing floor have all been changed, and something else is being made now....

Maybe they will recoup enough money to make another run, but they will have to wait in line until it's Thinkvape's turn again. They definitely don't do their own manufacturing- their output is far too sporadic.

Edited on 7/26/2021 at 2:19 AM. Reason:
What does he mean when he says words?
#54 (permalink)      7/27/2021 1:44:16 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 3601
  • Reviews 280
  • Kudos2253
ThinkVape sent me an email, no mention of another run of this mod, or any mention of it with a 100c chip. They are, however, releasing the "Craton Pro" with dual cells and a 250c. Yay...dual battery mods....

It does look cool, reminding me of the old Sig MT, or SnowWolf VFeng(?) mods.

Edited on 7/27/2021 at 1:51 AM. Reason:
#55 (permalink)      7/27/2021 1:52:22 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 3601
  • Reviews 280
  • Kudos2253
#56 (permalink)      7/28/2021 7:47:38 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Tony215
  • JoinedMar 2020
  • Posts 406
  • Reviews 11
  • Kudos92
nice... well the Craton is back up now..., on a different site.. says it ships at the end of August...
as for this mod... looks nice.. i like the Palm Plus/BMM placement of the screen.. not big on dual batteries though these days...
#57 (permalink)      7/28/2021 7:52:57 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Tony215
  • JoinedMar 2020
  • Posts 406
  • Reviews 11
  • Kudos92
+1 details
i am really annoyed at the limited quantities everything is being done in now.. there is clearly plenty of demand still.., and yet they move on to the next thing so damn fast.. like they put shit on pre-sale for three months at a time, only to have it available for a week or two.. it kills me.. middle class folk like myself don't always have the money to instantly dish out.., then by the time i do, its gone.. frustrated

Edited on 7/28/2021 at 7:53 AM. Reason:
#58 (permalink)      7/28/2021 8:20:52 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 3601
  • Reviews 280
  • Kudos2253
true words, Tony. It makes it hard on collectors as well...But, as others have mentioned, vaping is going towards disposables and cigalikes again....so the demand, while there, is less(though more rabid and dedicated!)

Look at squonkers...can you imagine being a squonker these days? 1 or 2 mods (mainstream) a year for the last couple years...and far less 22mm rdas than 2 years ago as well...hang in there....at least we are having a Boro explosion, lol.
#59 (permalink)      7/28/2021 8:20:51 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 3601
  • Reviews 280
  • Kudos2253
true words, Tony. It makes it hard on collectors as well...But, as others have mentioned, vaping is going towards disposables and cigalikes again....so the demand, while there, is less(though more rabid and dedicated!)

Look at squonkers...can you imagine being a squonker these days? 1 or 2 mods (mainstream) a year for the last couple years...and far less 22mm rdas than 2 years ago as well...hang in there....at least we are having a Boro explosion, lol.
#60 (permalink)      7/29/2021 9:39:22 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Tony215
  • JoinedMar 2020
  • Posts 406
  • Reviews 11
  • Kudos92
Yeah,, I have a few more things eyed out and then I'd like to focus on more high end and boro types... just won't be as frequent... Looks like they re-released the Tripod RTA clone... Maybe this go around ill be able to get an extension kit...