shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

Details
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#31 (permalink)      6/12/2021 6:58:33 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
BlackFishMaker
  • JoinedApr 2019
  • Posts 16
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos12
+1 details
carrion4worm wrote:

Yes, it won't even "really" do 1.5 i'd bet, more in line with 1 amp. The problem is Sxk, and most users, dont understand, or are confused by, different delro versions.The "e" evolv version, does not have a "C" usb port. The Original has 1800 mah lipo.So, this whole "it has to have a C post or its not right" arguments are wrong. The quick charge is c port, which is why you see them on Dicodes "d" models....dicodes dont update anyway, so there is no loss of function.In this case, using a c port to up the charge from .5 to maybe 1.0/1.5 amp is in exchange for the loss of Escribe.Not smart, and not correct cloning. Just sayin...

Well according to them you dont loose Escribe functionality. But we will see i suppose. Either way it should be easy enough to swap in a Dicodes board if you want that sweet 3 amp charging and itll still be quite a bit cheaper than a authentic Delro.

#32 (permalink)      6/12/2021 7:06:52 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 3584
  • Reviews 280
  • Kudos2252
Oh, I get you, but I was just pointing out a lot of the misinformation. this is not one of SXK's defining moments in cloning...lol. The original DNA Delros don't have Escribe either, which is the main reason most people only know of Delros with Dicodes.

The Dicodes chip has no charging, so swapping a chip would require 2 swaps, the chip and the charge board.

I guess what I'[m saying is Sxk seems really mixed up on this release. A correct clone would be DNA 60, usb port (not c) or C IF a quick charge is installed, with no Escribe. THAT would be a correct inner config, but I guess when their DElrin order was trashed, they threw all their plans out the window?

IDK, if the PEI holds a boro and has a battery, I'm in.
What does he mean when he says words?
#33 (permalink)      6/12/2021 7:15:07 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
BlackFishMaker
  • JoinedApr 2019
  • Posts 16
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos12
+1 details
Honestly i dont mind it not being a 1:1 clone as long as it holds its own. For example the BB clone having that included Micro B is actually a pretty nice addition. Saves you from taking the thing apart to do changes to Escribe. But personally i wouldve prefferd 3 amp charging over Escribe. I guess Dicodes doesnt just sell boards to cloners like Evolv does.

If the charging board itself already does 3 amps and the only limitation is the DNA board it would only be one swap but even if you have to swap both those 3 amp boards are only like 3$.

And when it comes to Delrin i dont think ive ever seen a Delrin clone of anything? I assume its easier and cheaper to mass produce aluminium compared to Delrin.

Either way im gonna get one. Ive already got a bunch of authentic BB devices ive just never pulled the trigger on a Delro because of the price tag but if i like the clone enough i might get a authentic in the future.
#34 (permalink)      6/12/2021 7:23:23 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 3584
  • Reviews 280
  • Kudos2252
This will probably be enough to "scratch the itch", if you know what I mean...It's different enough for the collector in me to want, while the practical me knows it won't get used as much as a Billet or my favorite, the Evo. Probably won't get used as much as my Supbox in truth...

But, it will be a nice diversion for a while, lol...I know SXK will do a good job on the nuts n bolts, they usually do.
#35 (permalink)      6/12/2021 7:41:59 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
BlackFishMaker
  • JoinedApr 2019
  • Posts 16
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos12
Really your favorite is the EVO? Everyone i know who has had that device absolutely hates it and thinks its the worst Boro device ever. My personal favorite is still the classic BB i always come back to it but ive been enjoying my MD60 aswell for MTL.
#36 (permalink)      6/12/2021 8:11:38 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 3584
  • Reviews 280
  • Kudos2252
So good I bought three, I work long days and 21700 and 9 mls of juice keeps me happy. No condensation....what's not to like, I say!

EDIT: im sure people DO hate it compared to a Billet, from the "dress up" standpoint. No customization whatsoever, just a solid, long vaping time, type device.

EDIT 2: It has the best design, imo. No internal leaking, no panels that serve no purpose, no magnets to attract metal shavings at work...etc. Also, such a good design that Suicide and Dovpo stole all the best aspects (though their resulting product has major flaws)

I don't recommend anyone dealing with Raphael, however, as he, like many modders, refuses to work for a living, instead choosing to rely on dumb high end enthusiasts to do all the work. That's a person, though, not to be confused with the device.

Edited on 6/12/2021 at 8:21 AM. Reason:
#37 (permalink)      6/12/2021 8:39:39 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
BlackFishMaker
  • JoinedApr 2019
  • Posts 16
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos12
From what ive seen a lot of them have really sloppy machining but maybe that was just a issue of the first batch. I personally am also not a fan of acrylic tanks because i do vape a lot of tank crackers. I know they have a ultem version but some of my liquids have even managed to break that. Only thing that works for me is glass or psu. Either way still better than the Abyss.
#38 (permalink)      6/12/2021 9:12:12 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 3584
  • Reviews 280
  • Kudos2252
Honestly, don't see where machining really plays much of a part. There's only a slight metal frame around delrin or pei...but, I DID hear tons of complaints about the device from non owners...pretty much par for the course...though most complaints I heard from owners is the same as every Boro bridge device -- Leaking.

One correction I must make to your assessment, however -- you will NEVER, EVER crack a EVO tank without dropping it. .. trust me, its the thickest hardest tank you will ever see, in any material. Most durable of all boro tanks, by about a half mile. For one thing, they are gigantic, and thick. One of those things that you have to see, and experience, first hand.

I love them all, except for the Zero Boro, I suppose (too awkward to hold, and use, for me, plus I hate Dicodes chips, lol), I just hope my EVO 2, which SHOULD ship this month, is as good as the OG. I doubt it, because they made it MORE like a billet, with a threaded 510 nut (tool required), which I feel is a step backwards....people shouldnt need tools to change tanks, IMO.
#39 (permalink)      6/12/2021 3:56:22 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Tony215
  • JoinedMar 2020
  • Posts 403
  • Reviews 11
  • Kudos90
oh wow... so sxk did originally try for delrin n messed it up!?? damn...
hey., well.. its still pre-order..., maybe they'll take another, 'crack' at it...
#40 (permalink)      6/12/2021 4:41:14 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
BlackFishMaker
  • JoinedApr 2019
  • Posts 16
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos12
I dont think they ever tryed delrin. The original is delrin but as i said in another post you never see any delrin clones of anything not even by any other cloners so i assume its too expensive or to difficult to mass produce compared to other materials like aluminium.
#41 (permalink)      6/12/2021 5:52:23 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cebzab
  • JoinedAug 2018
  • Posts 34
  • Reviews 51
  • Kudos9
carrion4worm wrote:

Yes, it won't even "really" do 1.5 i'd bet, more in line with 1 amp. The problem is Sxk, and most users, dont understand, or are confused by, different delro versions.The "e" evolv version, does not have a "C" usb port. The Original has 1800 mah lipo.So, this whole "it has to have a C port or its not right" arguments are wrong. The quick charge is c port, which is why you see them on Dicodes "d" models....dicodes dont update anyway, so there is no loss of function.In this case, using a c port to up the charge from .5 to maybe 1.0/1.5 amp is in exchange for the loss of Escribe.Not smart, and not correct cloning. Just sayin...

Let me correct you about this.
The first couple batches of delros with dna board had micro usb port. The newer ones with dna board also have usb-c connector same as the dicodes version.
If you don't believe me, just check it on friendlyflipper website. I'm looking at the white delro d60e.

I'm not sure what was charging like with micro usb port on old d60e but on the new one it does support fast charging (2-3a). I think Todd did the review of the dna delro with micro usb port and I think he also said that it supports some sort of quick charging. I'm not 100% sure about it though. It's been a minute since I saw that video.

I believe the reason why escribe can't be used with original d60e is because escribe doesn't recognize usb/usb-c module as a dna device. Because the module is there only to regulate charging. It's only there to get the power to the battery in a fast and a safe way.
It's probably wired as usb-c--->batery in----->battery out------>dna/dicodes board.
Battery life is shown on the display on either of the boards by reading the battery voltage.

Oh, and a little side note.
Couple months ago they made the ultem version of the delro. But it has engraved and it's called ULTRO.
It's same as this pei one, but it's polished.

Edited on 6/12/2021 at 6:41 PM. Reason: