shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

Details
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      6/3/2021 8:30:17 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cebzab
  • JoinedAug 2018
  • Posts 34
  • Reviews 51
  • Kudos9
+1 details
Details
There's so many questions about this.
Let's start I guess.
1. What is the exact battery type?
2. What are the specs of the battery?
3. Does the battery have bullet connectors for "easy" replacement?
4. Does the mod support quick charge same as the original delro?
5. Is the board sealed same as the original delro?
6. What are the materials used for the body of all the versions of sxk delro?
7. Why is there a difference in weight between the original and the sxk version (original is 100g)?
8. Does the mod have real usb-c same as the original or is ti micro usb?
#2 (permalink)      6/3/2021 4:12:31 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
NeOlegAOleg
  • JoinedSep 2015
  • Posts 35
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos0
I am also very interested to know the answers to the author's questions above! If everything suits I will buy it.
How long is the delivery time to Krsanodar?
#3 (permalink)      6/3/2021 6:42:08 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
raineysky
  • JoinedApr 2017
  • Posts 69
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos21
6. PEI for the ultem colored one and aluminum for the others

Edited on 6/3/2021 at 6:44 PM. Reason:
#4 (permalink)      6/4/2021 12:09:59 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
analogueman
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 2371
  • Reviews 3
  • Kudos1874
raineysky wrote:

6. PEI for the ultem colored one and aluminum for the others

Hmmm... like every yellow-coloured plastic that comes out of China is genuinely PEI...

It's twelve inches long, but don't use it as a rule...
#5 (permalink)      6/4/2021 2:46:08 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
raineysky
  • JoinedApr 2017
  • Posts 69
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos21
wink:wink
#6 (permalink)      6/4/2021 2:58:17 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
analogueman
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 2371
  • Reviews 3
  • Kudos1874
1. At a guess, possibly a small 2S Li-po.

4. Unlikely. Charging specs will reflect what the Sevo-70 & DNA-60 can support.
#7 (permalink)      6/4/2021 8:19:48 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
AutomaticFailure
  • JoinedNov 2014
  • Posts 143
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos65
+2 details
SXK just posted this on their FB

For battery, we need to explain that :
What we used is also Li-Po battery ,Li-Po is a type of battery that normal used in model airplane, we are the Same type battery
Battery capacity: 2200mAh (0.14wh), 3.7V
Pin type interface, replaceable
Delro vison :
Aluminum blue :
DNA60w
SEVO70w
Aluminum black
DNA60w
SEVO70w
Ultem
DNA60w
Host charging interface: TPC port, DNA 60 chip version can be connected to the data line to brush the chip directly, and a TPC data line is included in the package!
#8 (permalink)      6/4/2021 2:59:23 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cebzab
  • JoinedAug 2018
  • Posts 34
  • Reviews 51
  • Kudos9
analogueman wrote:

1. At a guess, possibly a small 2S Li-po.

4. Unlikely. Charging specs will reflect what the Sevo-70 & DNA-60 can support.

Some mystery is revealed maybe. But still nothing official. Original delro also has dna60 board and it supports quick charge of some sorts. I'm not sure in watts what it is, but it supports up to 3A charging.

AutomaticFailure wrote:

SXK just posted this on their FB

For battery, we need to explain that :
What we used is also Li-Po battery ,Li-Po is a type of battery that normal used in model airplane, we are the Same type battery
Battery capacity: 2200mAh (0.14wh), 3.7V
Pin type interface, replaceable
Delro vison :
Aluminum blue :
DNA60w
SEVO70w
Aluminum black
DNA60w
SEVO70w
Ultem
DNA60w
Host charging interface: TPC port, DNA 60 chip version can be connected to the data line to brush the chip directly, and a TPC data line is included in the package!

More of the mystery is revealed. So black and blue are either fully made of aluminium or all except the door and the small panel around the buttons.

This is a no go for me. Delro made out of metal? Not for me. The PEI one is interesting though.

The weight difference is probably because of different materials (aluminium instead of delrin) and the higher capacity battery (original delro has 1800mah battery) + these preorder details, who knows how accurate are they.

I swear to the old and the new gods (GOT reference) sometimes it seems like these people don't want to sell things they are making.
Who's gonna dish out 180$ (let's say 200 with shipping) for a Chinese made mod with internal battery without any information listed about it?

#9 (permalink)      6/4/2021 3:48:25 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
analogueman
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 2371
  • Reviews 3
  • Kudos1874
cebzab wrote:

Original delro also has dna60 board and it supports quick charge of some sorts. I'm not sure in watts what it is, but it supports up to 3A charging.

You sure it's not the Dicodes version you're thinking of?

cebzab wrote:

The PEI one is interesting though.

Assuming it's genuine PEI. Most yellow plastic coming out of China isn't.

#10 (permalink)      6/4/2021 6:42:37 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cebzab
  • JoinedAug 2018
  • Posts 34
  • Reviews 51
  • Kudos9
analogueman wrote:

You sure it's not the Dicodes version you're thinking of? .

Both dna and dicodes versions support same charging rate.
They both have separate usb-c module that regulates charging.

That's also another reason why is this clone scary to get without any info.
This mod actually requires a bit of engineering. It's not just a box with a wired dna board to some connectors.

This one to be worth the asking price needs to be 1:1. Which it already isn't because of materials that they're using.

Let's forget about the materials for now.
They need to use some proprietary usb-c module that will SAFELY regulate 3 amp charge on your 200$ clone. It needs to use non proprietary lipo battery with bullet connectors that can be changed when the one that is provided dies.
It needs to have the board sealed with something so e-liquid doesn't kill your mod.
Since it's so fiddly with the usb-c charging module and the lipo battery it might not be a bad idea to block the escribe same as the original does.
And most important thing since it's not a cheap clone, and it has those extra components and it's shipped in my case from half a world away where warranty and qc control doesn't mean a lot it needs to have at least precise information about the product they are listing on their website.

Edited on 6/4/2021 at 6:46 PM. Reason:
#11 (permalink)      6/4/2021 11:01:44 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
analogueman
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 2371
  • Reviews 3
  • Kudos1874
cebzab wrote:

Both dna and dicodes versions support same charging rate.They both have separate usb-c module that regulates charging.That's also another reason why is this clone scary to get without any info.This mod actually requires a bit of engineering. It's not just a box with a wired dna board to some connectors.This one to be worth the asking price needs to be 1:1. Which it already isn't because of materials that they're using.Let's forget about the materials for now.They need to use some proprietary usb-c module that will SAFELY regulate 3 amp charge on your 200$ clone. It needs to use non proprietary lipo battery with bullet connectors that can be changed when the one that is provided dies.It needs to have the board sealed with something so e-liquid doesn't kill your mod.Since it's so fiddly with the usb-c charging module and the lipo battery it might not be a bad idea to block the escribe same as the original does.And most important thing since it's not a cheap clone, and it has those extra components and it's shipped in my case from half a world away where warranty and qc control doesn't mean a lot it needs to have at least precise information about the product they are listing on their website.

Would it be a huge issue if 'quick charge' wasn't present on the device?

cebzab wrote:

And most important thing since it's not a cheap clone, and it has those extra components and it's shipped in my case from half a world away where warranty and qc control doesn't mean a lot it needs to have at least precise information about the product they are listing on their website.

Indeed, I can't argue with that.