Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

Delro - arrived faulty
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      8/28/2021 11:27:04 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Tony215
Verified
  • JoinedMar 2020
  • Posts 424
  • Reviews 11
  • Kudos105
+1 details
hey,, just wanted to add my 2 cents...

I bought the PEI version and it arrived mostly charged already..

However, I ordered the black /sevo version along with it.. (same package) and it arrived completely dead.. It wouldn't turn on either.. I figured I'd try charging it and sure enough, after 5 minutes it powered on.. After a full charge, it worked fine..

However, I do feel I get less battery life out of it now than the PEI... my guess is that charge depletion took a permanent toll on the lipo..

I'd have them send you another one..., or try replacing the lipo, though I heard its no easy task on the SXK version..

Despite the lipo on these.. I've been so impressed with the Delro..., I got myself an authentic white Blanco Delro this week..! It was $600... though expensive.., that's cheap for a Blanco...
love the Delrin texture.. its also the DNA version.. which unfortunately, I found out you can only use one of those triangular skeleton buttons on the Dicodes version.. Oh, and turns out, the
SXK is actually a couple millimeters taller than the authentic, and maybe a mm more in width too..

Edited on 8/28/2021 at 11:33 AM. Reason:
#12 (permalink)      8/29/2021 7:16:01 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4713
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2843
It's no easy task to change the battery on ANY version. I feel for authentic owners a bit, but that's why Evolv is always the best choice....with their chipset installed, you are guaranteed repair for life.

lipos are totally fine if run down to cut-off. Technically, a lipo should NOT be run down under 3 volts, with lower than that causing potential harm to the cell.

Also, and this is where i feel for Authentic owners, is that regardless of lipo maker, most only last for 300 charge cycles before serious drop off begins occurring. At that time, others will get to see what I already learned...that changing the battery will require careful and professional skills.

Again, I HIGHLY recommend only purchasing Evolv chipset models. They will keep your mods running when you can't. The Evolv guys also informed me of another mod repair shop in Ohio, that will be under Evolv's umbrella. Will post their contact info when i get it.
What does he mean when he says words?
#13 (permalink)      8/29/2021 10:06:30 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
XDM45ACP
Verified
  • JoinedDec 2014
  • Posts 2555
  • Reviews 39
  • Kudos2755
+1 details
carrion4worm wrote:

Yes, if it's an Evolv chip!. Go to their website and open an RMA, be detailed as you can on the problem, and in a day or two, they will email you back with shipping instructions.

If the battery is the problem, I don't know how much Evolv could help, besides diagnosis. BUT, if it is the chip. then yes, I'm sure they will help you! This is how I came to have my "Nugget" Billet Box....Fasttech sent it DOA, and told me to keep it, they sent a proper working replacement, and then I had the "Nugget" repaired at Evolv.

A great solution that makes receiving a non-working product not "sting" so much....two for one!

I just checked the PEI one and the battery is still charged damn near FULL! so I would say it's the chip.

“I don’t think there’s a black gun culture or white gun culture, I think there’s an informed gun culture and an "misinformed gun culture.”
#14 (permalink)      9/1/2021 2:08:01 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
XDM45ACP
Verified
  • JoinedDec 2014
  • Posts 2555
  • Reviews 39
  • Kudos2755
+1 details
XDM45ACP wrote:

carrion4worm wrote:
Yes, if it's an Evolv chip!. Go to their website and open an RMA, be detailed as you can on the problem, and in a day or two, they will email you back with shipping instructions.

If the battery is the problem, I don't know how much Evolv could help, besides diagnosis. BUT, if it is the chip. then yes, I'm sure they will help you! This is how I came to have my "Nugget" Billet Box....Fasttech sent it DOA, and told me to keep it, they sent a proper working replacement, and then I had the "Nugget" repaired at Evolv.

A great solution that makes receiving a non-working product not "sting" so much....two for one!

I just checked the PEI one and the battery is still charged damn near FULL! so I would say it's the chip.

Then, I ordered a DNA mod from FT, on the 18th of this month (Aug) and ordered 3 items from ... one being the DELRO PEI, and as u know it came DOA, but now the replacement from them is out for delivery today, I think I like 4PX better than china post...

Mod (Anniepan) edited on 9/6/2021 at 6:29 AM. Reason: Advertisement
“I don’t think there’s a black gun culture or white gun culture, I think there’s an informed gun culture and an "misinformed gun culture.”
#15 (permalink)      9/2/2021 11:23:11 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
XDM45ACP
Verified
  • JoinedDec 2014
  • Posts 2555
  • Reviews 39
  • Kudos2755
+1 details
XDM45ACP wrote:

XDM45ACP wrote:
carrion4worm wrote:

Then, I ordered a DNA mod from FT, on the 18th of this month (Aug) and ordered 3 items from fff one being the DELRO PEI, and as u know it came DOA, but now the replacement from them is out for delivery today, I think I like 4PX better than china post...

Now, everything works out fine...[img][/img]