Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

Delro - arrived faulty
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      8/27/2021 8:39:17 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
AshF1
Verified
  • JoinedMar 2016
  • Posts 187
  • Reviews 301
  • Kudos77
Delro - arrived faulty
Got mine today but doesn't even switch on. Charged but unresponsive! Waste of time / money.
#2 (permalink)      8/27/2021 8:53:03 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
XDM45ACP
Verified
  • JoinedDec 2014
  • Posts 2555
  • Reviews 39
  • Kudos2755
+1 details
AshF1 wrote:

Got mine today but doesn't even switch on. Charged but unresponsive! Waste of time / money.

I received my PEI one from fff DOA, and I am waiting for my replacement Mod from them, and it has been reshipped. FFF, has told me to Keep the Dead one! Man was I surprised, this was after I jumped through the hoops they wanted.

“I don’t think there’s a black gun culture or white gun culture, I think there’s an informed gun culture and an "misinformed gun culture.”
#3 (permalink)      8/27/2021 2:04:25 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
djvillan
Verified
+2 details
Sounds like poor qc. What I've come to expect from SXK these days.
#4 (permalink)      8/27/2021 2:41:07 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4721
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2847
+1 details
Chinese vape manus barely have QC, honestly. They heavily rely on their workers to do the job right, or lose their job, quite a bit different than most non-Communist countries. They might inspect one product every fifteen minutes of run-time, or assembly time...OR, they might not. There really isn't TIME in their minds, which is why they do often leave you with a faulty(yet fixable) mod, and just send a replacement.

Most of these DOAs will be LIPO problems, no doubt. This was a very ambitious project, and I'm surprised they nailed it, at least with the PEI and Evolv version. Most modmakers stay away from lipos, as it is indeed something that they have little control over, and not as simple as slapping in a battery tray.

I hate that this happened to anybody, but that's all mods, and this one is much more technically involved than the average 510 mod with removable cell. I'm happy to hear the Customer service treated you well.

A new chip/battery in a free Delro is just icing on the cake...but yeah, it sucks NOW, lol.

Edited on 8/27/2021 at 2:44 PM. Reason:
What does he mean when he says words?
#5 (permalink)      8/27/2021 2:42:44 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4721
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2847
+1 details
AshF1 wrote:

What happens when you plug it in? Not much info....slow down, be deliberate, and don't get too frustrated.

If you get a red light when you plug it in...it's dead possibly.

#6 (permalink)      8/28/2021 3:57:57 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
AshF1
Verified
  • JoinedMar 2016
  • Posts 187
  • Reviews 301
  • Kudos77
+2 details
Excellent info @carrion4worm.

The mod itself is sadly completely unresponsive. Any number of clicks and nothing - no lights, no flurry of activity from the screen, just nothing. Awaiting to hear what FT do, I have gone through the normal process (create video evidence / send link), just patiently waiting for a reply for resolution.

It most likely is to do with the battery not being connected correctly which I am more than willing to have a crack at fixing but if it is the chip then...

@XDM45ACP - That was really good of FFF to send you a replacement. Was thinking on getting the PEI version myself as thought the Alu version would be heavy, I wasn't wrong. It is a weighty little thing. Looks great but needed to be 30grams lighter a least for it to be an everyday mod. Would have really liked a Delrin version or even a rubberised version, anything but Alu would have been nice. Oh well.

@djvillan - I hear you. I've stopped buying mods for a while now but saw this one and thought I would dip my toes again for 'another backup mod' - haha. Read quite a bit on the forums that SXK are slipping which is a shame. Hopefully they will pull their finger out.
#7 (permalink)      8/28/2021 9:47:13 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
XDM45ACP
Verified
  • JoinedDec 2014
  • Posts 2555
  • Reviews 39
  • Kudos2755
AshF1 wrote:

Excellent info @carrion4worm.

The mod itself is sadly completely unresponsive. Any number of clicks and nothing - no lights, no flurry of activity from the screen, just nothing. Awaiting to hear what FT do, I have gone through the normal process (create video evidence / send link), just patiently waiting for a reply for resolution.

It most likely is to do with the battery not being connected correctly which I am more than willing to have a crack at fixing but if it is the chip then...

@XDM45ACP - That was really good of FFF to send you a replacement. Was thinking on getting the PEI version myself as thought the Alu version would be heavy, I wasn't wrong. It is a weighty little thing. Looks great but needed to be 30grams lighter a least for it to be an everyday mod. Would have really liked a Delrin version or even a rubberised version, anything but Alu would have been nice. Oh well.

@djvillan - I hear you. I've stopped buying mods for a while now but saw this one and thought I would dip my toes again for 'another backup mod' - haha. Read quite a bit on the forums that SXK are slipping which is a shame. Hopefully they will pull their finger out.

Yes, I plugged mine in and got it to a full charge, then I took 3 puffs, and then it all went dark! so they asked for the video of me taking the fire button cover off and watching and doing this so call repair Hack, of lifting up the little cover under the up/down button. So that did not work, then they asked me to check and see how much it would cost to send it back to Shenzen after I checked my stamps.com, and told then $30-$64.00 they told me they would ship me a new one out and to hold on to the Dead One just in case the wanted me to send it back! They have never asked me to ship anything back in the past. I had this issue one time before!

Edited on 8/29/2021 at 10:01 AM. Reason:
“I don’t think there’s a black gun culture or white gun culture, I think there’s an informed gun culture and an "misinformed gun culture.”
#8 (permalink)      8/28/2021 9:51:33 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
XDM45ACP
Verified
  • JoinedDec 2014
  • Posts 2555
  • Reviews 39
  • Kudos2755
carrion4worm wrote:

Chinese vape manus barely have QC, honestly. They heavily rely on their workers to do the job right, or lose their job, quite a bit different than most non-Communist countries. They might inspect one product every fifteen minutes of run-time, or assembly time...OR, they might not. There really isn't TIME in their minds, which is why they do often leave you with a faulty(yet fixable) mod, and just send a replacement.Most of these DOAs will be LIPO problems, no doubt. This was a very ambitious project, and I'm surprised they nailed it, at least with the PEI and Evolv version. Most modmakers stay away from lipos, as it is indeed something that they have little control over, and not as simple as slapping in a battery tray.I hate that this happened to anybody, but that's all mods, and this one is much more technically involved than the average 510 mod with removable cell. I'm happy to hear the Customer service treated you well.A new chip/battery in a free Delro is just icing on the cake...but yeah, it sucks NOW, lol.

Can I send this to Evolve, for them to fix? Just wondering, My Alumino one from here is working fine! I am sure it's in the chip.

#9 (permalink)      8/28/2021 10:07:38 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4721
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2847
+1 details
Yes, if it's an Evolv chip!. Go to their website and open an RMA, be detailed as you can on the problem, and in a day or two, they will email you back with shipping instructions.

If the battery is the problem, I don't know how much Evolv could help, besides diagnosis. BUT, if it is the chip. then yes, I'm sure they will help you! This is how I came to have my "Nugget" Billet Box....Fasttech sent it DOA, and told me to keep it, they sent a proper working replacement, and then I had the "Nugget" repaired at Evolv.

A great solution that makes receiving a non-working product not "sting" so much....two for one!
#10 (permalink)      8/28/2021 10:14:35 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4721
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2847
Ya know....Remember how tight I mentioned the battery is stuffed inside the battery cavity? I'd bet that it's tight enough to pull connections apart, specifically the two battery leads. There are two common "quick" connections, that are used in the lipo industry (as best as I can tell).

I never removed my battery, as it was SO tight. So sliding one in, with the connected wire alongside the Lipo could cause the connections to break apart. Of course, they could just be soldered together, old -fashion style.
#11 (permalink)      8/28/2021 11:27:04 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Tony215
Verified
  • JoinedMar 2020
  • Posts 424
  • Reviews 11
  • Kudos105
+1 details
hey,, just wanted to add my 2 cents...

I bought the PEI version and it arrived mostly charged already..

However, I ordered the black /sevo version along with it.. (same package) and it arrived completely dead.. It wouldn't turn on either.. I figured I'd try charging it and sure enough, after 5 minutes it powered on.. After a full charge, it worked fine..

However, I do feel I get less battery life out of it now than the PEI... my guess is that charge depletion took a permanent toll on the lipo..

I'd have them send you another one..., or try replacing the lipo, though I heard its no easy task on the SXK version..

Despite the lipo on these.. I've been so impressed with the Delro..., I got myself an authentic white Blanco Delro this week..! It was $600... though expensive.., that's cheap for a Blanco...
love the Delrin texture.. its also the DNA version.. which unfortunately, I found out you can only use one of those triangular skeleton buttons on the Dicodes version.. Oh, and turns out, the
SXK is actually a couple millimeters taller than the authentic, and maybe a mm more in width too..

Edited on 8/28/2021 at 11:33 AM. Reason: