[dismiss] FastTech will be on holiday from October 1, 2022 to October 7, 2022. All services resume on October 8, 2022, at 1:00 am (UTC). (details).
Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

Marketed as a way to consume salt nicotine?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      6/23/2021 10:05:55 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Rusple
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2021
  • Posts 21
  • Reviews 3
  • Kudos15
Marketed as a way to consume salt nicotine?
Via a dripper?
If that inbuilt 18650 fires at full blast, it's a good way to create a life-long addiction.
If power is kept at a level reasonable for salt liquids, the wasp nano would be too airy to produce any vapor.

Cool form-factor though.

Edited on 6/23/2021 at 11:48 AM. Reason:
#2 (permalink)      6/23/2021 10:15:09 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
philipvdb
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2016
  • Posts 2900
  • Reviews 44
  • Kudos4642
Honestly, i like the idea and as a fan of the wasp, i could have bought this if it wasnt for the leds and logo. If this would have been gold color only with a yellow cap, in the cart. I could even accept the 2000mah battery since with the wasp you can need some amps. 2000mah, so prob 25 or 30a battery.
Too bad for the leds and logo.
We can't agree on everything.
#3 (permalink)      6/23/2021 11:25:16 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
XDM45ACP
Verified
  • JoinedDec 2014
  • Posts 2635
  • Reviews 39
  • Kudos2791
philipvdb wrote:

Honestly, i like the idea and as a fan of the wasp, i could have bought this if it wasnt for the leds and logo. If this would have been gold color only with a yellow cap, in the cart. I could even accept the 2000mah battery since with the wasp you can need some amps. 2000mah, so prob 25 or 30a battery.
Too bad for the leds and logo.

Hey Phil, I bought the Gold one they have and you can turn off the leds with 3 clicks of the fire button. and it's not a bad dripper at all! The logo I just deal with it. I could not pass it up for $16.95

Edited on 6/23/2021 at 11:26 AM. Reason:
“I don’t think there’s a black gun culture or white gun culture, I think there’s an informed gun culture and an "misinformed gun culture.”
#4 (permalink)      6/23/2021 11:51:10 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Rusple
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2021
  • Posts 21
  • Reviews 3
  • Kudos15
+1 details
XDM45ACP wrote:

The logo I just deal with it.

You could wrap it in heat shrink. xD

Edited on 6/23/2021 at 11:51 AM. Reason:
#5 (permalink)      6/23/2021 2:35:28 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
philipvdb
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2016
  • Posts 2900
  • Reviews 44
  • Kudos4642
XDM45ACP wrote:

philipvdb wrote:Honestly, i like the idea and as a fan of the wasp, i could have bought this if it wasnt for the leds and logo. If this would have been gold color only with a yellow cap, in the cart. I could even accept the 2000mah battery since with the wasp you can need some amps. 2000mah, so prob 25 or 30a battery. Too bad for the leds and logo.Hey Phil, I bought the Gold one they have and you can turn off the leds with 3 clicks of the fire button. and it's not a bad dripper at all! The logo I just deal with it. I could not pass it up for $16.95

16.95$ or 26.95$?

We can't agree on everything.
#6 (permalink)      6/24/2021 8:56:02 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
vapeluvr
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 7749
  • Reviews 355
  • Kudos4523
what does salt nic have anything to do with anything. It's a dripper, use whatever you like - freebase or salt nic.
Vaper buys pod system, asks for a 510 adapter. LOL for days
#7 (permalink)      6/24/2021 9:05:53 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Rusple
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2021
  • Posts 21
  • Reviews 3
  • Kudos15
vapeluvr wrote:

what does salt nic have anything to do with anything.

It's in the product description and marketing pictures. This being an entry level device might suggest to someone new to vaping it's a good idea to vape salt nic with this which typically is in higher concentrations.

Salt nic came to be so that puny juuls can have enough nic in each puff without tasting disgusting.

Edited on 6/24/2021 at 9:06 PM. Reason:
#8 (permalink)      6/25/2021 9:03:24 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Crispycritters
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2020
  • Posts 830
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos754
Rusple wrote:

vapeluvr wrote:what does salt nic have anything to do with anything.It's in the product description and marketing pictures. This being an entry level device might suggest to someone new to vaping it's a good idea to vape salt nic with this which typically is in higher concentrations.Salt nic came to be so that puny juuls can have enough nic in each puff without tasting disgusting.

If someone is new to vaping they probably have no preconceptions of what type of juice or nic levels they should use, I don't understand why you automatically assume all starter kits are designed for nic salts because that has never been the case.

As this is rebuildable it shouldn't be labelled as a starter kit though. Needing build tools, a build tab or another mod to check resistance and knowledge of Ohms law isn't really starter territory.

#9 (permalink)      6/25/2021 11:06:54 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
essellar
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2016
  • Posts 2311
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos2029

Colorful Flashing LED for More Fun: With the firing button triggered LED system, the Wasp Nano Kit is the perfect kit for anyone who considers themselves the ultimate raver or clubber. Its attractive visual design and exceptional technological features make it a good choice for you to satisfy your salt-nic vaping needs and express your different personal style.

It's being marketed as a cool starter kit "for your salt-vaping needs". Which means that n00b users are being told outright that this is the perfect li'l direct-lunger for their favourite 50+ mg/ml juice.

#10 (permalink)      6/25/2021 11:30:02 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
XDM45ACP
Verified
  • JoinedDec 2014
  • Posts 2635
  • Reviews 39
  • Kudos2791
philipvdb wrote:

XDM45ACP wrote:
philipvdb wrote:Honestly, i like the idea and as a fan of the wasp, i could have bought this if it wasnt for the leds and logo. If this would have been gold color only with a yellow cap, in the cart. I could even accept the 2000mah battery since with the wasp you can need some amps. 2000mah, so prob 25 or 30a battery. Too bad for the leds and logo.Hey Phil, I bought the Gold one they have and you can turn off the leds with 3 clicks of the fire button. and it's not a bad dripper at all! The logo I just deal with it. I could not pass it up for $16.95
16.95$ or 26.95$?

Nope, $16.95! when they came out aaa sale was on and I picked it up! I think it might have gone up a bit but, that's what I paid.

Edited on 6/25/2021 at 11:39 AM. Reason:
“I don’t think there’s a black gun culture or white gun culture, I think there’s an informed gun culture and an "misinformed gun culture.”
#11 (permalink)      6/25/2021 11:30:11 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Crispycritters
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2020
  • Posts 830
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos754
essellar wrote:

Colorful Flashing LED for More Fun: With the firing button triggered LED system, the Wasp Nano Kit is the perfect kit for anyone who considers themselves the ultimate raver or clubber. Its attractive visual design and exceptional technological features make it a good choice for you to satisfy your salt-nic vaping needs and express your different personal style.

It's being marketed as a cool starter kit "for your salt-vaping needs". Which means that n00b users are being told outright that this is the perfect li'l direct-lunger for their favourite 50+ mg/ml juice.

I must admit I read as far as "Flashing LED" and gave up...