Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

A Few Good Vapes?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.
Thread Tools


Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#51 (permalink)      5/23/2021 2:24:40 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
philipvdb
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2016
  • Posts 2844
  • Reviews 36
  • Kudos4545
+1 details
For a moment i was playing with the idea of using lipos in my diy mods so i did some research then since batteries and electronics fall like lightyears outside my area of expertise. However since they are rather big, too difficult to find here, expensive and so on, i put the idea aside. I would like to leave this thread with a bit more knowledge and a consensus. If 4s means 4 in series than it should be 1600mah. If it you have to multiply according to C4W , why not just mention 6400mah on the battery. You find 4s2p lipos and in that case the capacity is 3200mah because of the parallel aspect. Thing is, i never read an article mentioning that you have to multiply to get the true capacity. Possible to put a link to an article that mentions this? Up to now, i just see someone saying 1600mah and someone 6400mah but without real proof. I tend to lean towards 1600mah but we learn every day so all options are open.
We can't agree on everything.
#52 (permalink)      5/23/2021 2:43:37 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4790
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2876
Wylie, you are wrong yet again...why do you do this to yourself? I answered this thread question on POST NUMBER THREE. It's always been the same, but at least you finally come to your senses....but how exactly does that make ME an asshole?

More importantly, does my love for vaping not shine through on this forum??? Why would I want erroneous info posted?

Wylie, do the right thing and explain to Philip what your mistake was....it seems all your babbling has gotten him off on a wrong path, and I've done my part...time for sleep.

Good night, vapers!
What does he mean when he says words?
#53 (permalink)      5/23/2021 2:57:38 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
Wylie
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 5968
  • Reviews 78
  • Kudos3873
carrion4worm wrote:

Wylie, you are wrong yet again...why do you do this to yourself?I answered this thread question on POST NUMBER THREE. It's always been the same, but at least you finally come to your senses....but how exactly does that make ME an asshole?

And you call me an idiot, read the title IDIOT!




More importantly, does my love for vaping not shine through on this forum??? Why would I want erroneous info posted?


Honestly you sound like a Chinese shill! FFS man get a life look at your post count!


Wylie, do the right thing and explain to Philip what your mistake was....it seems all your babbling has gotten him off on a wrong path, and I've done my part...time for sleep.

Good night, vapers!



We are talkin 14.8 volt here ya know, you better take this one smart guy!

Fear not Phili!


Edited on 5/23/2021 at 3:12 AM. Reason:
Always keep your ear to the ground!
#54 (permalink)      5/23/2021 3:09:16 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
analogueman
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 2695
  • Reviews 5
  • Kudos2166
carrion4worm wrote:

...6400 mah will "seem" to last longer than traditional cells of similar mah range. While true initially, the drop off on lipos is more prominent, imo, making it pretty even in the wash.


There's no 'seem' about it.

A few years ago, I had a little DNA-40, powered by a small 2S (950 mAh equivalent) Li-po. In theory, I should have experienced about half the battery life by comparison to a single Sony VTC4 18650 (that I was still using at the time). However, in practice, vaping time was about the same.

It's twelve inches long, but don't use it as a rule...
#55 (permalink)      5/23/2021 3:11:23 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
philipvdb
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2016
  • Posts 2844
  • Reviews 36
  • Kudos4545
1600mah at 14.8v would use less amp for a certain build than 4.2v. Exemple: in order to get 60w with a 4.2v battery you need 15amps. 60w with 14.8v needs less than 5A. Looking at it from this angle, both are correct: you shouldnt multiply but you will get a batterylife 4 times what you would expect because you use less amp which will increase battery life.
So capacity will remain 1600mah but less amps means longer batterylife. So even if this remains a 1600mah battery, you will get batterylife of a 6400mah batttery.

Edited on 5/23/2021 at 3:23 AM. Reason:
We can't agree on everything.
#56 (permalink)      5/23/2021 3:16:48 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
Wylie
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 5968
  • Reviews 78
  • Kudos3873
analogueman wrote:

carrion4worm wrote:
...6400 mah will "seem" to last longer than traditional cells of similar mah range. While true initially, the drop off on lipos is more prominent, imo, making it pretty even in the wash.
There's no 'seem' about it.

A few years ago, I had a little DNA-40, powered by a small 2S (950 mAh equivalent) Li-po. In theory, I should have experienced about half the battery life by comparison to a single Sony VTC4 18650 (that I was still using at the time). However, in practice, vaping time was about the same.


You ran a DNA 40 at 7.4 volt? That's new to me as they're supposed to max out at 4.3 volt input.

Always keep your ear to the ground!
#57 (permalink)      5/23/2021 3:47:37 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
analogueman
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 2695
  • Reviews 5
  • Kudos2166
Wylie wrote:

You ran a DNA 40 at 7.4 volt? That's new to me as they're supposed to max out at 4.3 volt input.


Oh, I wouldn't know anything about that. It was a DNA-40 though, with a little 2S Li-po.

[EDIT] A quick Google will tell you Vaporshark (among others) used to make Li-po powered DNA-30 & 40 mods back in the day.


Edited on 5/23/2021 at 3:52 AM. Reason: Additional...
It's twelve inches long, but don't use it as a rule...
#58 (permalink)      5/23/2021 3:50:51 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
Wylie
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 5968
  • Reviews 78
  • Kudos3873
analogueman wrote:

Wylie wrote:
You ran a DNA 40 at 7.4 volt? That's new to me as they're supposed to max out at 4.3 volt input.
Oh, I wouldn't know anything about that. It was a DNA-40 though, with a little 2S Li-po.


If it was an s2 than it was a 7.4 volt battery pack. Pics or it didn't happen.

Always keep your ear to the ground!
#59 (permalink)      5/23/2021 3:54:44 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
analogueman
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 2695
  • Reviews 5
  • Kudos2166
Wylie wrote:

If it was an s2 than it was a 7.4 volt battery pack. Pics or it didn't happen.


Don't be a dick! Google Vaporshark and educate yourself.

It's twelve inches long, but don't use it as a rule...
#60 (permalink)      5/23/2021 4:02:05 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
Wylie
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 5968
  • Reviews 78
  • Kudos3873
analogueman wrote:

Wylie wrote:
If it was an s2 than it was a 7.4 volt battery pack. Pics or it didn't happen.
Don't be a dick! Google Vaporshark and educate yourself.



Well excuse the fuck out of me! Go read Evolvs spec sheet dick!

OH yeah, same old crowd!

And where be Vaporshark now?


Edited on 5/23/2021 at 4:13 AM. Reason:
Always keep your ear to the ground!
#61 (permalink)      5/23/2021 4:32:44 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
analogueman
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 2695
  • Reviews 5
  • Kudos2166
Wylie wrote:

Well excuse the fuck out of me! Go read Evolvs spec sheet dick!OH yeah, same old crowd!And where be Vaporshark now?


So... did you Google and find those DNA-40 Li-po mods?

You're an idiot, plain and simple.

It's twelve inches long, but don't use it as a rule...